• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
ijfn15MdXYxKX.gif

[/IMG]

Game of the gen

Salazar

I think you guys forget I've supported City since before I can remember - my first memory of going to a game I was 5 or 6. I'm 23 now, of course I know. We've not been rich for long.

If you were skint, and a lottery winner told you they knew how it felt -

Not that Newcastle are in a remotely troubling position. I dunno why Kyoufu panics.

Slizz

Hmmm, seems like Barca are playing Hamburg today. Also says Arsenal vs. Malaysia... the international team is going to be playing Arsenal?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hmmm, seems like Barca are playing Hamburg today. Also says Arsenal vs. Malaysia... the international team is going to be playing Arsenal?

Was it Liverpool who played a Malaysia XI last summer? Or Chelsea? Whoever it was it was hilarious, Malaysia scored multiple times. I'll be watching the Arsenal game today.

xintin

Probably a domestic league all star team. Chelsea played them last year.

edit - our game last against them was a dreadful 1-0. I think its the one with the Drogba FK that never crossed the line lol

dc89

Not that Newcastle are in a remotely troubling position. I dunno why Kyoufu panics.

Newcastle aren't skint! They won't go drop £30m on a player, but they make up for that with a brilliant scouting network. No need to panic.

Guys, how is the Spanish banking crisis going to affect Barca and Madrid if at all?

Hmmm, seems like Barca are playing Hamburg today.

Hamburg and Barca signed a contract that Messi will play because it's their Birthday match and they didn't want to play against Barca B. Today Messi's "injured" if you know what I mean and HSV wants to sue them. I hope they do so.

In better news, Kuba signed a new contract until 2016. Now, we just need to give Subotic a new contract and make Lewandowski get himself a new agent and everything looks fucking fantastic.

Hah, Trabzonspor those assholes apparently ended up not getting N'Doye, Lokomotiv Moscow overbid them. 7 mil euros is not half bad for a player with a year left of his contract, now we better invest the money in a new central midfielder and defender.

Oh come on. It was in all the trailers. Trailer stuff =/= spoilers.

I don't think you were wrong to post it. Just with the way people react to anything batty, it showed some cajones. Honestly, it you've been completely in the dark, then that picture has just about zero meaning.

Kyoufu

It's the fact that we haven't signed Debuchy yet. He's not even a 30 million pound signing. He costs what, 6 million? Come the fuck on Ashley. Pay it up.

rififi

Guys, how is the Spanish banking crisis going to affect Barca and Madrid if at all?

Since they are some of the most highly valued (with the highest revenue) teams in the world, and the two biggest teams in Spain (who get the majority of the television rights), they aren't going to be very affected. Also, Madrid have actually lowered their debt within the past few years. Barca, on the other hand, has actually increased their debt (I think it is at least twice as much as Madrid's current debt).

Florentino is still actively planning to renovate the Bernabeu, despite the banking crisis.

Even Valencia, who have been in serious debt for a while, just recently made a deal by selling property to continue construction on their new stadium. I also remember a report from a while back (I think I read it in El Pais), that if the banking crisis becomes too serious, there might be an option to forgive all football debt.

deroli

In better news, Kuba signed a new contract until 2016. Now, we just need to give Subotic a new contract and make Lewandowski get himself a new agent and everything looks fucking fantastic.

I just read it too :) He played fantastic in the second leg of the last season. But he's been pretty inconsistent since he joined Dortmund. So I hope we'll see more of the 2012 Kuba.
Götze, Reus, Kuba, Großkreutz, Perisic plus Bittencourt and Amini. That attacking midfield is shaping up nicely.

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
Kylehimself///kylehimself
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys

Unless I've missed someone from there. If I have, remind me

Put your name down anyway if you're interested, and we'll decide whether to go above 20 teams :)

We're in British Summer Time, DC00.

Congrats! What you studying?

Gratz dude!
Cheers guys. Well I wanted to do Computer Science, but due to how I got in they wouldn't offer me it. So I'm doing Computing and Information Technology. This course shares the same first year modules as Computer Science and I have the option to switch to CS after the first year if I can pass an additional maths test. Which I hope to do.

qindarka

Banned
Probably a domestic league all star team. Chelsea played them last year.

edit - our game last against them was a dreadful 1-0. I think its the one with the Drogba FK that never crossed the line lol

Ah, I was there for that one. Was nearly squashed to death on the way home due to the brilliant infrastructure.

Meier

Kolarov might be off to Inter for only £6.2m. Bargain really.. I'll miss his FK accuracy. I think in another life he could have been a great winger.

I am ready for something to be official whether it be buying or selling.

WJD

We're in British Summer Time, DC00.

duhhhh

I can be an idiot sometimes. Ok then, while we have 24 minutes left, here's something for football playing GAF:

I'm going to be playing 11-a-side for the first time in 3 years this season and really need to get my fitness to an acceptable level before September time. Anyone got any tips because at the moment, I'm not exactly at my peak.

Zabojnik

They were discussing it on the radio earlier today. It's unclear at this point. Apparently the ECB is pressing the spanish banks to get the money they are owed back as soon as possible. There were some numbers thrown around, but I wasn't paying much attention. Real Madrid owe money, but not too much compared with their turnover. The same could be said for Barca. They are nothing like City, PSG, Chealsea and the like. Real's bank, Bankia, is in serious trouble though. If it were to fail, that certainly wouldn't bode well for Real's players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom