• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

According to Rory Smith, we want to eventually knock £500,000 per week off the wage bill. Sounded way too much to me, until you see figures like this (rumoured figures, but probably quite accurate):

Carroll: 80k
Aquilani: 90k
Cole: 110k
Aurelio: 60k
Kuyt: 90k
Maxi: 80k
Doni: 50k

That adds up to £560k a week. I thought Cole was on 90k, but even then it's £540k. Kuyt and Maxi have already gone, so that's around £170,000 already saved. Edit: Plus Aurelio, so £230,000 saved. Then you have other players who have either left or could leave, which would reduce the wages even further:

Downing, Spearing, Wilson, Adam, Eccleston, Bellamy, Gulacsi, Amoo, Darby, Silva - all gone or could go, it adds up.

I don't think all of those will go, but when you see the figures it's not hard to imagine us saving somewhere close to £500,000 if we sell a few players.

Yen

Someone give me a weeks worth of Liverpool transfer gossip, stat! And don't spoil DKR or the German GP result. I haven't seen either yet!

Someone give me a weeks worth of Liverpool transfer gossip, stat! And don't spoil DKR or the German GP result. I haven't seen either yet!

We've been linked with Joe Allen, Moussa Sissoko, Gerard Deulofeu, Kevin Mirallas and probably some more players I've forgotten about.

Zenit and City allegedly want Skrtel. Juventus want RVP AND Suarez, or something.

EDIT: Clint Dempsey as well.

dc89

Apparently De Jong isn't with the City squad either, rumours he could go to Bayern.

Wonder where Kaka will go? Milan?

Bayern I think. Shame really, City offered him a really good contract and he's really popular amongst the squad if you look at the City videos he's in. I think Kia has poisoned his mind.

Against Chelsea two seasons ago I think - what a performance. One of the best I've seen from him or any individual City player in quite some time.

Tc91

So my France shirt just arrived from triads, better late than never!

Looks like they've been having a good inspection.

I expected a letter from Customs to be honest seeing as it took a while to arrive.

ega0A.jpg

There aren't actual bids from any european team.

MLS or Corinthians according to Spanish press. So take it with a grain of salt.
I can't imagine nobody else would be in for him. He'll never be great again but he could be good IMO. A club like Arsenal would be a good move for him IMO. I wouldn't even mind him at United if it was something like £15m and not crazy wages. How old is he though? 28?

Bayern I think. Shame really, City offered him a really good contract and he's really popular amongst the squad if you look at the City videos he's in. I think Kia has poisoned his mind.

Against Chelsea two seasons ago I think - what a performance. One of the best I've seen from him or any individual City player in quite some time.
Kia's his agent?

/caseclosed

GorillaJu

The Metro (lol) are suggesting that we'll send Jonjo on loan to Swansea as a make weight for the Allen deal. I think that's a massive mistake if true.

I would be thrilled with this. I think Jonjo's going to be a class AM, but I don't expect him to make a significant difference in our league campaign this year, where I would expect Allen to do so.

Give him a year at a club that plays good football like United did with Cleverly playing under Martínez and he'll be ready to play a big part in the center of midfield next season.

Tc91

Fuck sake. Whats happened to the Lucas deal?

Went to Silverstone at the weekend so I've not been able to keep up with it all.

Our wingers are fine as they are but it would of been nice and shown that we can sign these types of players seeing as Chelsea are signing everybody under the sun.

Nani and Tony V will do!

Kozak

Banned
Dunno if its been mentioned but FM12 is only 10 dollars on steam right now!

Pick it up and buy Renan Bressan! Cheapest buy for such a talented player.

sohois

I would be thrilled with this. I think Jonjo's going to be a class AM, but I don't expect him to make a significant difference in our league campaign this year, where I would expect Allen to do so.

Give him a year at a club that plays good football like United did with Cleverly playing under Martínez and he'll be ready to play a big part in the center of midfield next season.

I also believe that a Jonjo loan deal makes sense considering how few appearances he made when he returned from Blackpool. It just seems wasteful to keep him around for a few sub appearances and europa league games, particularly when you consider that he only got his chance due to Lucas being out for half a season and frequent Gerrard injuries that may not occur this season. Not to mention that there may be 2 additional cms to compete with, if both Allen signs & Aquilani stays.

Should neither of those CMs be at the club then one could argue the deal is foolish, otherwise it makes sense to send him on loan for a year and then bring him back to replace Gerrard who would presumably be close to retirement by next season.

GorillaJu

I also believe that a Jonjo loan deal makes sense considering how few appearances he made when he returned from Blackpool. It just seems wasteful to keep him around for a few sub appearances and europa league games, particularly when you consider that he only got his chance due to Lucas being out for half a season and frequent Gerrard injuries that may not occur this season. Not to mention that there may be 2 additional cms to compete with, if both Allen signs & Aquilani stays.

Should neither of those CMs be at the club then one could argue the deal is foolish, otherwise it makes sense to send him on loan for a year and then bring him back to replace Gerrard who would presumably be close to retirement by next season.

I expect our midfield 3 to be some manner of rotation of any two of Lucas, Allen and Henderson and Spearing, with Gerrard, Adam or Aqua slotting in the front-most position. We're sure to lose at least one of those (personally think it may be one more big injury for Stevie and he hangs up his boots), and Shelvey can then move in there.

I am feeling slightly more confident in Spearing after watching how quickly and how well he fit into the deep-lying pivot position, moving in the space between the two center backs. His passing was excellent.

Same team

Alright, I'm in then. Not going to win anything though.

Hopefully now that he won the one cup he really wanted he'll stop spending and giving a shit.

yeah, right :p

More wants more

Ahhhh Robinho. The right player, at the wrong time.

I'm thankful you ended up wasting money on him instead of Chelsea.

De Laurentiis and Rummage. Two guys I don't like at two clubs I kinda like!

How can you not like De Laurentiis? He's just crazy, but not bad crazy, funny crazy.

dc89

I'm thankful you ended up wasting money on him instead of Chelsea.

How can you not like De Laurentiis? He's just crazy, but not bad crazy, funny crazy.

I like him as much as you can like a crazy son of a gun.

Also Robinho - he was awesome in his first season at City. Then he got fed up. Some of his goals were awesome.

Imagine him with Silva, Aguero, Nasri & Tevez? Instead he got Benjani and others.

Zabojnik

It doesn't even matter how much money we have, players that are good enough to improve our team don't want to play in Russia. Last season even Milos Krasic refused to come and play on loan with us. MILOS FUCKING KRASIC! Enjoy that Juventus bench you JT.

Hey, hey, this is a fudging great winger you're talking about.
FUCK OFF MILOS, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?! BARCA WON'T COME CALLING!!

The Mirror are basically reporting that there's a stand off at City between Mancini and Marwood over RVP.

Well, I guess that's it then. Mancini wants RVP bad. City will accommodate him, no doubt.
HURRY, MAROTTA, HURRYYYY!!!!111

Mino Raiola "Cavani remains a prisoner of the President (Aurelio De Laurentiis)"

It worked out great for Hamsik! He wanted to go to Milan badly last year, now look at him. His spirit broken, he'll stay at Napoli forever. And he'll like it.

Kyoufu

Guys...

We're about to give up on Debuchy...

reason?

We are tight, stingy fuckers who can't cough up an extra 1-2 million for a highly rated player.

NO FIRST TEAM SIGNINGS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking shite.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guys...

reason?

We are tight, stingy fuckers who can't cough up an extra 1-2 million for a highly rated player.

Fucking shite.

I'm sure Graham Carr will find some Nigerian wunderkind playing in the Austrian second division, you'll be fine.

Carbonox

Guys...

reason?

Fucking shite.

I refuse to believe any shitty media outlet reporting such garbage.

We'll get Debuchy, don't you doubt that.

xintin

so it seems like Chelsea will pay Sao Paolo the percentage they are due for Oscar instead of Inter. Which is strange because this same scenario is one of the stumbling blocks for the Hulk deal.

Kyoufu

Oh come on. It was in all the trailers. Trailer stuff =/= spoilers.

Trailer stuff = spoilers

hence why people choose not to watch them.

I remember a trailer I watched that basically had the whole film summed up in 2 minutes lol

I refuse to believe any shitty media outlet reporting such garbage.

We'll get Debuchy, don't you doubt that.

I hope so...

We have made no senior signings.

I'm not watching next season if we're still stuck with Danny fucking Simpson.

sohois

Guys...

reason?

Fucking shite.

I remember when Liverpool were on the verge of signing Dani Alves from Sevilla. He was all prepared to move here and the fee was in close to being agreed. However Rick Parry decided that the extra 1-2 million demanded by Sevilla was not worth it and the deal was called off. Sevilla wanted £14million.

Still, it all worked out in the end when just a few years later Liverpool signed Glen Johnson for £18million.
i do actually think Johnson is a great right back, but still...

I'm sure things will end up just as good for Newcastle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom