• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Dedicated to dc.

juvenine.png

Van Persie-bus is coming
And everybody's jumping
Turin to San Fransisco
Manchester City disco
The wheels of steel are turning
And traffic lights are burning
So if you like to party
Get on and move on Marry
Van Persie-bus is coming
Van Persie-bus is coming

(c) Vengaboys

TeegsD

Most likely been asked before but is the usual Fantasy league going on or is the betting one the only one this season?

Also, can I get added to the twitter list - @TeegsD

Before you finalise your decision, watch this.

No matter how good the editing is, it's just liverpool in the end.

Chelsea got

• A Russian owner that should probably be sharing a cell with Kodorkovsky instead of running a football club.
  • Players that has won something of importance the last seasons
  • A hot physio
  • A team mate wife fucking captain
  • Ivans ass

Clearly the winners.

Chelsea got

• A Russian owner that should probably be sharing a cell with Kodorkovsky instead of running a football club.
  • A hot physio
  • Ivans ass

Clearly the winners.
The hot doctor is the key. Plus they're one of three teams ESPN2 is sure to broadcast. (the other two being Man UTD and Man City)

Kyoufu

Chelsea got

• A hot physio
  • Ivans ass

Clearly the winners.

I know nothing about Abramovic. Why should he be locked up?

Meier

Not De Jong! He could be off this summer. Last year of contract and he's not signing another one.

Sounds like it's looking more and more likely. Hope that Mancini is lining up an M'Vila bid..been hopeful about that for the past 2 months or so.

I know nothing about Abramovic. Why should he be locked up?

Well... Go ahead and start reading, there's a lot of stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Abramovich#Business_career
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Abramovich#Controversies

He was smart enough to charm himself in with Putin though and bribe fucking everyone. Despite the papers writing about him back then and everything they didn't even have a fucking photo of him, one newspaper paid pretty big amount of money (one million rouble reward) to the first person to get them a photo of him, instead of the shitty court drawings. He's a really interesting character but also weirdly shy of the press, mother died when he wasn't even one yet and father when he was like four. I doubt FFP and Platini will be a big problem for him, he gets what he wants. :p

GQman2121

Banned
Here I am with the Champions League and FA Cups yesterday. I have a bunch of other photos I'll upload and share too.

I give new Yankee Stadium:

ibn5lyENMm7Olz.png
ibn5lyENMm7Olz.png
ibn5lyENMm7Olz.png
ibn5lyENMm7Olz.png
ibn5lyENMm7Olz.png

out of five JT's. Beautiful ballpark and the staff were top flight.

Here I am with the Champions League and FA Cups yesterday. I have a bunch of other photos I'll upload and share too.

I couldn't believe they had the cups there, didn't expect it at all and such a fucking great surprise. Great atmosphere and pretty good game, would have been nice of the teams would have clapped on all sides of the stadium at the end though since really even the 'supporter's sections' were a hodge-podge (and PSG didn't even bother with theirs!). Also, I have to say--Veratti really stood out to me. I hope he gets minutes.

jtface.jpg

Nice! I was gong through the photos I took of the game tonight, I'll need to post those as well!

Anyone who got rich directly after the fall of the Soviet Union did so through illegal means.
Didn't Yeltsin pretty much develop an oligarchy, and passed out all of the corporations to his friends and such? I should remember more, and I'm kind of embarrassed. I as a heavy emphasis on democratization in eastern Europe post soviet union

GQman2121

Banned
I put my right hand on top of the CL cups opening, kind of grabbing the outer rim, and as soon as I did their guy - that's standing immediately to my right - said don't touch the cups please! with stern voice. I'm sure everyone was trying to touch the things! From my brief grasp of the top, it felt super solid. Everyone in line was just so tickled to see them let alone take official photos.

They have a pretty slick system for getting the photos too. They hand you a card with an ID number; you check chelseafcustourphotos.com; input your info; and then download the photo. It's really nice that they offer this for the US fans and spend the money to organize it with the Yankee staff because they totally didn't advertise this at all. In fact a number of people I spoke with when I sat down had no idea.

Didn't Yeltsin pretty much develop an oligarchy, and passed out all of the corporations to his friends and such? I should remember more, and I'm kind of embarrassed. I as a heavy emphasis on democratization in eastern Europe post soviet union

A lot of it has to do with those goddam vouchers. Basically vouchers were supposed to be given out to everyone in the population that corresponded to a share in the national wealth and these vouchers could be traded into shares of all the companies that became privatized after the fall of the Soviet Union. Well people like Roman went around the countryside and tricked poorly informed people into trading their vouchers for a bottle of vodka.

I put my right hand on top of the CL cups opening, kind of grabbing the outer rim, and as soon as I did their guy - that's standing immediately to my right - said don't touch the cups please! with stern voice. I'm sure everyone was trying to touch the things! From my brief grasp of the top, it felt super solid. Everyone in line was just so tickled to see them let alone take official photos.

They have a pretty slick system for getting the photos too. They hand you a card with an ID number; you check chelseafcustourphotos.com; input your info; and then download the photo. It's really nice that they offer this for the US fans and spend the money to organize it with the Yankee staff because they totally didn't advertise this at all. In fact a number of people I spoke with when I sat down had no idea.

That's nice. I'm trying to get in touch with Aston Villa so I can get a high res version of the pic they put on the website so I can do something with it. Also, from what I understood talking to some of the staff at the Villa US tour, the company that organizes everything is a third party.

A lot of it has to do with those goddam vouchers. Basically vouchers were supposed to be given out to everyone in the population that corresponded to a share in the national wealth and these vouchers could be traded into shares of all the companies that became privatized after the fall of the Soviet Union. Well people like Roman went around the countryside and tricked poorly informed people into trading their vouchers for a bottle of vodka.
He's an evil genius.

Well there's big competition now that the Arabs also decided they want to put their money into big black holes.

It doesn't even matter how much money we have, players that are good enough to improve our team don't want to play in Russia. Last season even Milos Krasic refused to come and play on loan with us. MILOS FUCKING KRASIC! Enjoy that Juventus bench you JT.

Dammit I just want us to sign anyone this transfer period, anyone.

neoanarch

I was just checking wikipedia to see who won the Copa Argentina. The first time they've had a Cup tournament since 1970. Its not fucking over the final won't be until August 8. Two entire months after the semis on June 8th.

Just done my team - its terrible I did my usual thing of picking a few obviously good players then filling up with shite

Could someone pm me league details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom