• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Did Bebe score? Was it another cross that he got under and accidentally lofted into the top corner, ala PFK?

Will we ever see a Premier League season with an ending as insane as last years?

It was basically the same as Di Canio's famous goal for West Ham.

Or maybe not, but that's how it looked in my mind.

Fady K

So Kagawa had a good first game? That's nice to hear. Yay for the new thread. Will post responses from the last thread later on today :]

Wow, didn't know that Fady supported so many teams.

As Elseanio says:

He's just full of love for everyone

A Benfica fan here, been a long time lurker of this thread, this will be my first season of posting.

8abBa.gif

Welcome aboard bro, enjoy your stay.

Why does the thread title lie to me?

And who is that Fady K dude?

I'm just another football lover who loves this football community, as I'm sure you will too.

Football-GAF God.

You are kind my friend, but I am a fragile mortal :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
gg Japan. They took their chances, unlike us.

Mexico needs to stop being so wasteful. We are no longer playing in CONCACAF.

Found these on twitter just now:

89770hp2.jpg

De Laurentiis: "My job is not to moralize but sometime I look football players in the eyes and I think: Come on, have another tattoo on your dick if you still have enough space."

De Laurentiis on the Coppa Italia: "Oh I enjoyed so much fucking them in the ass in Rome. I couldn't stand anymore listening to other fans singing our celebrating chants when they were winning."

De Laurentiis on friendly with Shanghai Shenua: "Actually they are shit but they have Drogba and Anelka, so to organize this friendly against them they asked me €120,000 + flights for our people + €15,000 for our accomodation. In the end, this will cost us €400,000€, but I didn't want to miss the chance to advertise Napoli in China."

De Laurentiis on Jovetic:"We are ready to pay him €30m and leave him one year to Fiorentina, but if he is uncertain and he makes me understand he is thinking about Barcelona, so you can go to fuck off."

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
gg Japan. They took their chances, unlike us.

Mexico needs to stop being so wasteful. We are no longer playing in CONCACAF.

I dont expect that to change vs. Korea so Im hopeful vs the other 2 teams to get a shot for 2nd place.

LegoArmo

Anyone who's seen a bit of Tunnicliffe, does he have a good amount of technique to go with his enthusiasm and energy? Could use a midfielder like that in the future.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I dont expect that to change vs. Korea so Im hopeful vs the other 2 teams to get a shot for 2nd place.
Tena's team always started their process awfully and improved on the road. The problem is that there's no longer any margin of error.

There are plenty of positives to take from this though. Gio and Fabián looked great together, Aquino was a beast, and Ponce proved he deserves a starting position. We dominated the match and should have won... but football is not about meriting victories.

Anyone who's seen a bit of Tunnicliffe, does he have a good amount of technique to go with his enthusiasm and energy? Could use a midfielder like that in the future.

Made a nice flick into Berbatov and got forward more than I expected. Certainly tenacious. Needs a PL loan, I think.

Do you think we'll see him in the PL next season? Serious question.

He can't pass or cross for shit, so winger is out. At his best, he's the equivalent of a horribly, horribly out-of-form Chicharito in the forward role. So, no?

Anyone who's even played football on the playground is aware of how piss easy the technique is. Obviously its a lot harder being a first time volley, but its still pretty easy to pull off.
I wouldn't say it's easy. An over rated goal but to volley against the direction of the ball like that and right into the corner...pretty good.

Wilbur

Banned
Not the best but a personal favourite of mine is RvN against Charlton. Speed of that attack made me ejac

I'll have to look up Kagawa highlights when I get home.

WJD

Me too. He looked confident and was spotting some good passes.

Fergie said he will stay with the first team squad so I hope he gets some minutes in the league.

Rooney vs Newcastle was much better IMO.

Meh, I prefer the time and place aspect of the overhead a little more. No doubt his Newcastle one was incredible though.

Yeah Rooney vs Newcastle was so fucking ferocious

What's happened to his shooting from outside the box? He seems to either chip it over the bar in an attempt to replicate his Portsmouth goal, or drag it wide these days

We had 3 brilliant goals last season to choose from for goal of the season

WJD

What's happened to his shooting from outside the box? He seems to either chip it over the bar in an attempt to replicate his Portsmouth goal, or drag it wide these days

Scored a screamer against Fulham this season and the one against Bilbao wasn't too bad either.

There was also one which should have counted against Liverpool this season but didn't because of the moron ref saying Evans had committed a foul beforehand.

Hey guys, I'm on my way downtown for the meet and greet. Im going to try and take lots of pictures and you'll be able to see them on my twitter (@tfisher21) and my instagram (tfisher2180).

The game is tonight at 7:30 CST and I'll definitely post a recap once I get home Sunday or Monday.

#UTV!!!

K1LLER7

We had 3 brilliant goals last season to choose from for goal of the season

Crouch vs City was my favourite. For a big man, he pulls off some brilliant goals.

^ Hope you enjoy it awsome :D

Scored a screamer against Fulham this season and the one against Bilbao wasn't too bad either.

There was also one which should have counted against Liverpool this season but didn't because of the moron ref saying Evans had committed a foul beforehand.

I could swear Evans had clearly fouled someone, and Reina didn't even move his feet because the whistle had gone?

Danny Rose's goal against us wasn't a bad hit, but that goal was down largely due to poor goalkeepIng from Almunia :lol ;)

My favourite goal has to be either Henry's flick and volley or Bergkamp's turn. Biased I know :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom