• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna try the PES demo. Strongly considering not getting FIFA this year as 12 pissed me off so much. I'm convinced when playing head to head online games that the game pretty much decides who it wants to win and then that person gets all the luck. I swear, there are games were every loose ball rolls to your opponents feet and their keeper save everything. Then next game you're playing like crap but getting all the luck and scoring scabby goals you don't deserve.

Sounds irrational, but I believe.

Defence doesn't look great so far!

Rafa looks tired from sitting on his arse all summer.

edit: Rafa now injured after sitting on his arse all summer.

We're passing well, and pressuring well. Don't look great up front without Bent, and I don't know if Delfounseo can cut it. And yes, I know we are playing Portland.

Hate to say it, but Warnock doesn't look terrible. Still can't cross worth shit though.

GorillaJu

Poor AVB, I hoped he'd learn something and go on to do well. Then I heard he was going to Spurs and that sentiment went down the drain. So this sounds like a good sign.

It's pre-season though. Teams need time to adjust.

edit: Was Robbie Keane just grabbing someone's balls there?? Wtf?

rodvik

We're passing well, and pressuring well. Don't look great up front without Bent, and I don't know if Delfounseo can cut it. And yes, I know we are playing Portland.

Hate to say it, but Warnock doesn't look terrible. Still can't cross worth shit though.

Spot on. I was the only guy in my stand who cheered when we scored :)

Fun game so far . I worry about us vs pl opposition right now though. Still a bit ragged.

Off for a beer :)

Spot on. I was the only guy in my stand who cheered when we scored :)

Fun game so far . I worry about us vs pl opposition right now though. Still a bit ragged.

Off for a beer :)

What do you think of our formation? It looks like Holman is playing the 10 role, with Ireland KEA, and Bannan playing farther back. I think both Bannan and Ireland are playing too far back. Although, tbf,Portland is playing extremely defensively.

GorillaJu

So how good does Spurs offence look with Sigurdsson?

Whipped in a good ball for Bale's goal. He has that uncanny ability to pick out the perfect ball at just the right time. Other than that he hasn't had the ball much at all, but that's kind of the player he is. Doesn't show up all the time but when he does it's for a goal.

rodvik

What do you think of our formation? It looks like Holman is playing the 10 role, with Ireland KEA, and Bannan playing farther back. I think both Bannan and Ireland are playing too far back. Although, tbf,Portland is playing extremely defensively.

I like it. I amazed how forward lambert has us playing our full backs.

Holmans a bit a at sea thus game do for IMHO.

Post more later lads back on.

Bannan was phenomenal again. N'Zogbia looked real strong in his appearance, and Lichaj struggled when he first came on but finished strong. I'm excited about Lowton as well.

Ref made some weird calls, but we looked good. The Timbers second goal was a pretty lucky deflection and apparently now the game goes directly into PKs.

rodvik

Just got back, gonna crash (very drunk). Was a fun game though. I was stuck in the timbers section, I would like to thank them, they are awesome fans.

In retrospect , me screaming "wheres your fucking chainsaw now???" was a little bit overboard for a friendly. What can I say I got carried away :)

GorillaJu

It's being reported quite widely. The Mail and Goal.com are running with it. The telegraph seem convinced that he's ours though, so fingers crossed.

It'd be great if Spurs actually went after players by their own volition instead of just waiting for us to find a target then attempting to poach them.

Mastadon

Banned
It'd be great if Spurs actually went after players by their own volition instead of just waiting for us to find a target then attempting to poach them.

Could quite easily be bullshit to be honest. Greg Stobart has been pretty much on the money recently, and he's saying that we've almost signed him.

Salazar

So why isn't Bale at the Olympics?

Concentrating on being right for Spurs' title bid.

Interview with Rio in the Mirror. Boring, but ludicrous photos.

b3dby.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Reading a lot about Cazorla in the press but until he is confirmed an Arsenal player I refuse to get excited by this.

I hope it happens though. More attacking options from midfield the better.

dc89

Like to see Bale made to squirm about this.

He was used to market the Olympic football quite heavily. It sucks really.

Team-Gb-Gareth-Bale+cropped

And the fact they sold them shirts as the official jersey, and then changed it, really sucked. People were robbed of £40 for a jersey which isn't even relevant now.

Mastadon

Banned
Reading a lot about Cazorla in the press but until he is confirmed an Arsenal player I refuse to get excited by this.

I hope it happens though. More attacking options from midfield the better.

He's a genuinely good player, would love to see him in our league.

And the fact they sold them shirts as the official jersey, and then changed it, really sucked. People were robbed of £40 for a jersey which isn't even relevant now.

Are you sure about that? I thought it was sold as a supporters jersey.

edit: Actually I'm pretty sure the writing on that image actually says it's a supporter jersey.

Highlights of yesterday friendly against Schalke 04: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsOY7sfggAs&feature=youtu.be

Some good things in there, we still have a lot to do and clearly need 3-4 players. Love how Taiwo is getting another chance, Traorè showed some good passing, Acerbi is still out of condition. At least that's what I hope, he can't be that bad.

Yesterday evening, Galliani basically admitted that he'll try to sign Kakà. An Italian "journalist" also said that we'll try to buy Diarra as well. Plus, French press said that we're after Robben (with a €20m offer).
We're also close to Yanga-Mbiwa, Montpellier CB, and our director of football is talking with Joorabchian, Tevez agent.

IF we actually get all of those players, I'd might watch a couple of matches this season. Too bad we'll probably end up with Yanga-Mbiwa, Kakà and Tevez, if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom