• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our team for this evening/morning. Going to be a late one!

Cudicini; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Bassong; Livermore, Sigurdsson; Townsend, van der Vaart, Bale; Defoe.

You went to WrestleMania? One of my ambitions that, to see it live one year.

I went to 23,25,26 and 27. My mum works for British Airways so got really cheap flights which made it really easy to get to. I don't regret going because they all seemed amazing when I was there even when some were shit. I do regret not going to 28 and missing the Rocks comeback fight :/

FIFA demo will be out two weeks before the game's release date, so second week of September. That's my guess based on past years at least.

Thought you were FGC gaf now. How's SF4:AE been treating you?

I'm liking it. So difficult though! I've been playing with a few GAFfers and getting my ass kicked. I think I need to move away from Cammy. I think I should pick a different character to learn the game with.

I played 3 games and it seems like PES. I don't normally play PES so I may be completely wrong. I did like the hold LT to switch to manual passing. I am now waiting for the PC demo cause the framerate is awful in replays and the modders always unlock extra teams.

Sloosha

FIFA demo will be out two weeks before the game's release date, so second week of September. That's my guess based on past years at least.

I'm liking it. So difficult though! I've been playing with a few GAFfers and getting my ass kicked. I think I need to move away from Cammy. I think I should pick a different character to learn the game with.

Cammy is a good character to learn though. What other characters are you thinking about? Rose is relatively easy to learn.

I played Sakura and Evil Ryu in AE. Haven't played in a while though.

Kyoufu

I went to 23,25,26 and 27. My mum works for British Airways so got really cheap flights which made it really easy to get to. I don't regret going because they all seemed amazing when I was there even when some were shit. I do regret not going to 28 and missing the Rocks comeback fight :/

Where do you live? WWE has improved since WM27 thanks to one man.

sneaky77

yeah, although I already pre-rdered fifa so I dont know that I will play the demo much, I usually never do.. but I figured not much going on now so may as well try PES

really looking forward to darksiders coming out at this point

Cammy is a good character to learn though. What other characters are you thinking about? Rose is relatively easy to learn.

I played Sakura and Evil Ryu in AE. Haven't played in a while though.

Not sure, but I think she is a good character, but I find her frustrating because two of her specials are worthless, and one is very difficult to get good at. IDK, maybe I'll end up back with her but I need to explore more characters a bit.

yeah, although I already pre-rdered fifa so I dont know that I will play the demo much, I usually never do.. but I figured not much going on now so may as well try PES

really looking forward to darksiders coming out at this point

Once the demo comes out I play it to death. Then get mad when I get the game and it plays completely different (usually better).

Kyoufu

England. I used to watch wrestling with my brother when the attitude era was mid way through till just after the WCW/ECW takeover storyline. I got back into it just before WM22. And which guy? CM Punk?

Yeah.

Watch his epic promo shoot on youtube (has 2 million views now) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g

Then the following segments with him in the storyline which then leads into the EPIC PPV (Money in the Bank). GAF went crazy on that night :lol

Last night on Raw 1000 he beasted the Rock. It was amazing.

MPW

lets play the game before we judge, graphically, yeah, not much has changed

Once I battled through the initial teething problems (pressing Y for a header, for example) I found myself becoming fascinated by learning new moves, finesse dribbles and clever flick passes in attacking play.

Outfoxing defenders gave me a substantial charge, shutting down attackers was immensely satisfying and threading a series of passes into a goal-scoring chance made me positively glow. By the end of my time with the game I wanted to delve deeper into its interface and master its style of play. In short, I wanted to spend a lot more time playing PES 13, and if that isn’t an indication that FIFA 13 has some serious competition this year for its crown, I don’t know what is.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/18/is-pro-evolution-soccer-13-a-title-contender

Messi

Pro Evolution Soccer demo seems like exactly the same game as last year.

tumblr_lrfnnhqvnu1qb2u10.gif

No not again konami, you will not fool me.

Yeah.

Watch his epic promo shoot on youtube (has 2 million views now) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g

Then the following segments with him in the storyline which then leads into the EPIC PPV (Money in the Bank). GAF went crazy on that night :lol

Last night on Raw 1000 he beasted the Rock. It was amazing.

That video is amazing. I remember reading about it and when he re signed one of his demands was to have Cult of Personality as his song haha. I shall watch Raw as I have it on my Sky planner still!

sneaky77

lets play the game before we judge, graphically, yeah, not much has changed

Once I battled through the initial teething problems (pressing Y for a header, for example) I found myself becoming fascinated by learning new moves, finesse dribbles and clever flick passes in attacking play.

Outfoxing defenders gave me a substantial charge, shutting down attackers was immensely satisfying and threading a series of passes into a goal-scoring chance made me positively glow. By the end of my time with the game I wanted to delve deeper into its interface and master its style of play. In short, I wanted to spend a lot more time playing PES 13, and if that isn’t an indication that FIFA 13 has some serious competition this year for its crown, I don’t know what is.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/18/is-pro-evolution-soccer-13-a-title-contender

Sounds like the same article every yr to be honest.. i'll give the demos a shot as always anyway

Villas-Boas, whose side are on their USA tour, said: “There are people who represent Tottenham’s past tradition and high values and that person without a doubt is Dawson. But it’s almost more up to the group to decide than the manager. It’s a difficult and sensible decision to make and I’ll be consulting Ledley and Michael on it. There’s different types of characters in the dressing room. But it will affect everybody in the dressing room who have to have empathy with the man going to lead them on the pitch.”

Looks like Dawson will be captain again then. Although club captain maybe this time, because I don't think he'll get in there ahead of the two starting tonight.

ATF487

You guys are diehards, I'm mildly irritated that this will end at 12:30 EST. Stupid west coast

Also if anyone interested in the Timbers/Villa game it's streaming on the timbers website via youtube

Bale is #9?

That sucks. Bale was cool with 3, was kinda unique and it had his own story behind it.

It's just a shirt number I guess, and Spurs will sell a lot more Bale shirts now...but yeah, that sucks.

MPW

spurs want 40m pounds for modric?!?!

even after we gave vdv for a cut price?

screw modric, he ain't worth 40m pounds

And am I just getting confused but im 100% sure Bale withdrew from the Olympics squad with injury and here he is before the Olympics even start playing for Spurs.

That is poor.

Bale is #9?

That sucks. Bale was cool with 3, was kinda unique and it had his own story behind it.

It's just a shirt number I guess, and Spurs will sell a lot more Bale shirts now...but yeah, that sucks.

Squad numbers not confirmed yet. Hopefully someone gives him a slap or we sign a striker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom