• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fenerbahce won't pay £2.5 mil for Yobo, but would rather spend £5 mil for shytinga. Because he's friends with Dirk JT.

Run by fucking fools, this club.

SO FACISM! About Ziegler, Melo and Krasic.......

Selling almost all your strikers to bring in 2 Highly injury prone strikers would be suicide.

We still got Vucinic and Giovinco!
And Pazzini?

It's going to be either Matri or Quag anyway.

Facism

Ziegler i wouldn't mind. Rest of them can go rot in your reserves :)

Krasic's a fucking laugh. Didn't want to come the last time we were interested. Now he's deemed useless and not worthy of the Juve shirt, he's more than happy to take Fener's money.

Let me panic dammit. :p

On an unrelated note, is anyone here going to watch the Olympics? I personally won't.

My girlfriend is one of these 'Games Makers'... What a thankless fucking task that sounds like.

She looks like Garth from Waynes World when she has her gear on though.

Oxx

I like the Olympics in a kind of 'put a few weird sport highlights on in the background' way. Not really feeling the 'uniting the country' vibe.

That said, I am going to two events.

It's 45M for both. Possible, but unlikely knowing Marotta.

Matri, Quag, Krasic, Melo, Patience and Ziegler are on the market, that should easily cover half of it if not more. It's not gonna happen though, because most of them would rather sit on the bench and collect their paychecks
vB9vc.gif

I don't know why I don't like Superman. One of the most boring superheros around, he's just a super...man.

It's unrealistic for us to revolutionize our entire front line, not just at the price. I think swapping Quagliarella (for Pazzini, I figure) will be the only outgoing personnel.

Seems like Chelsea is going to loan Kevin de Bruyne to Bremen.
Bremen's transfers/loans are decent to good, maybe they can break into the top6 this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's unrealistic for us to revolutionize our entire front line, not just at the price. I think swapping Quagliarella (for Pazzini, I figure) will be the only outgoing personnel.

I guess. But considering we won the title despite of them, why not? We changed our entire midfield last season and it worked!

Quag is almost 30 and Matri is 28 in August, might as well sell them now if we can get better replacements.

Clegg

Heard a rumour that United may be postponing the IPO by a few weeks. Apparently the Glazers had discussions with their bankers and then made the decision.

If this is true then we're seriously in the shit.

GorillaJu

From "Charlie Adam is Pirlo's love-child" RAWK ?

Do me a fucking favour.

There is way, way too much ammunition to ever get in a fight defending a RAWK member, so I can't really enter this discussion one way or another.

All I'll say is that Allen has been one of my favorite PL midfielders since I started watching Swansea at the start of last season, and I'd be "over the moon" if we signed him.

Clegg

United team to play Shanghai Shenhua:

Lindegaard

Veseli
Rio
Carrick
Brady

Anderson
Powell
Kagawa
Petrucci

Valencia
Macheda

Edit: Beaten. But my format looks sexier.

I like the Olympics in a kind of 'put a few weird sport highlights on in the background' way. Not really feeling the 'uniting the country' vibe.

That said, I am going to two events.

I like most sports. Will be going to 2 main and 2 Para events.

Arnie

All I'll say is that Allen has been one of my favorite PL midfielders since I started watching Swansea at the start of last season, and I'd be "over the moon" if we signed him.
Same here.

And anyway, it's tough to compare the two because whilst Allen was bossing games and teams last season, Cleverley was getting injections whilst playing Silent Hill Downpour at home.

ROMA TONIGHT

sohois

United are playing Shanghai? I had no idea they were even in Shanghai, guess it explains the one guy I saw wearing a United shirt.

Splatt

It's 45M for both. Possible, but unlikely knowing Marotta.

Matri, Quag, Krasic, Melo, Patience and Ziegler are on the market, that should easily cover half of it if not more. It's not gonna happen though, because most of them would rather sit on the bench and collect their paychecks
vB9vc.gif

Krasic wants out, he told the local papers he should know where he's standing by the end of this week.

Heard a rumour that United may be postponing the IPO by a few weeks. Apparently the Glazers had discussions with their bankers and then made the decision.

Just read an article saying the same.

Apparently they're valuing the club at $3bn. That is too high

Some embarrassing comparisons being made between Moura and Walcott out there, almost as shallow as the Kagawa-Park ones. Although, to be fair, even Fergie indulged talking about Shinji's work ethic.

mufc: Lindegaard; Veseli, Ferdinand, Carrick, Brady; Valencia, Powell, Petrucci, Anderson; Macheda, Kagawa

We've been playing a 41311 shape this tour. I'm guessing Anderson will drop deep, and Valencia will tuck in from the wing. Kagawa in behind Kiko. Carrick at CB: looks like we want to dominate this game.

Anyway, nice to see Petrucci starting. Powell and Kiko have looked sharp. And more Kagawa is always a good thing.

I doubt a few weeks will make more than a negligible difference.

Salazar

Will watch United with a Pot Noodle and some Kipling's Country Slices. Might even make a brew because I'm fucking baller.

I should be sleeping, really. Got some kind of inservice starting early on Friday. More mindcrushingly nervous teaching next week.

Facism

always found it hilarious that players can generally force moves and contract breaches no problem when they want to leave, but if the club tries to get rid of them, they can sit on their arses and "earn."

Kyoufu

Saw on twitter that Bale could see a ban for playing for Spurs during Olympics.

Please let it happen. Bale ban coupled with the injuries they picked up last night would give us an easier game to play at the start of the season :p

Yen

I thought it was pretty fun.

I liked it :(

Thought it was alright really. Decent movie with some cool bits.

How's your back?

Welp, I'm in the minority!
Back's not too sore, but there seems to be a pretty big bump forming, looks like I have a vertebrae sticking out, and it seems the cast is making me lean to my left a lot, since the right side of me took most of the damage. Apart from that, I'm alright. Heading to see DKR tonight, HYPE!

Arnie

I should be sleeping, really. Got some kind of inservice starting early on Friday. More mindcrushingly nervous teaching next week.
Just imagine you're Indiana Jones from Raiders, and some girl's subliminally telling you she's infatuated by your beard through carefully coded symbols on her eyelids.

In fact, you're Welsh, so chances are you're actually called Dr Jones.

Saw on twitter that Bale could see a ban for playing for Spurs during Olympics.
Sounds like the biggest load of Twitter nonsense since Villa was flying to Anfield in Babel's helicopter.

Slizz

Can't believe this United game is on TV here. Should be a pretty good day of football, United in the morning, Liverpool Roma early evening, then Chelsea vs. MLS All-Stars after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom