• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Are you sure about that? I thought it was sold as a supporters jersey.

edit: Actually I'm pretty sure the writing on that image actually says it's a supporter jersey.

Hmm. It was my understanding it wasn't but I could be wrong, I always am haha.

But what the hell is a supporters jersey?!

Hmm. It was my understanding it wasn't but I could be wrong, I always am haha.

But what the hell is a supporters jersey?!

A jersey for supporters of Team GB to wear. I'm pretty sure it's meant for all sports. Probably just something for adidas to sell in the gap before the unveiling of the official replica stuff.

Zabojnik

Acerbi is still out of condition. At least that's what I hope, he can't be that bad.

Yeah, he's still a bit ... acerbo.
Sorry.

Yesterday evening, Galliani basically admitted that he'll try to sign Kakà. An Italian "journalist" also said that we'll try to buy Diarra as well. Plus, French press said that we're after Robben (with a €20m offer).
We're also close to Yanga-Mbiwa, Montpellier CB, and our director of football is talking with Joorabchian, Tevez agent.

IF we actually get all of those players, I'd might watch a couple of matches this season. Too bad we'll probably end up with Yanga-Mbiwa, Kakà and Tevez, if we're lucky.

That would be a decent mercato, actually, after all the gloom & doom. I expect no less of Galliani, frankly. He always manages to pull something interesting from under his tie.

£15m for Joe Allen is starting to look a bit expensive.

As mentioned on here I guess it's important for Rodgers as he'd see him as a central figure in his team but I'd guess that's gonna use up quite a bit of the budget. Allen is still relatively unproven too, he did have a good season last and is young but that's alot of faith shown by Rodgers if he's willing to pay £15m for him.

Just makes the £30m we'd have to pay for Moura look even crazier.

Oxx

It's great, a lot of the Team GB clothing is half-price. Waiting always works!

Although that hoodie probably won't get much use at the Olympics if this weather keeps up.

LegoArmo

Manchester United Premier Cup final is freeview on MUTV, if anyone wants to watch it. Under 15s. Universidad Catolica vs. Gamba Osaka.

Carbonox

Newcastle set to complete the signing of Australian youngster Curtis Good.

FFS Newcastle, focus on curbing your cheap ass tactics when trying to sign first team players first. Curtis Good and other youngsters probably won't see the light of day in the first 11 until 2019.

Debuchy, Douglas, Anita, Carroll/Remy. Go. Simple. Oh they want an extra 1m for a player? Fuck off and pay up. Christ.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just finished watching Galaxy v Spurs on my Sky+. Very rusty performance and Cudicini was utter dogshit. We should have had two penalties but we created enough clear chances to win the game, should have taken them. Hopefully the finishing improves as we get closer to the season.

Shame about VDV and Walker getting injured. Rafa was utter shite and clearly not ready to play, Walker was good, don't know what caused the injury. Apparently it's only a few days recovery for them so nothing to worry about.

Yeah, he's still a bit ... acerbo.
Sorry.
Why. Just... Why. That's not something that makes me Allegr
i
o.
That would be a decent mercato, actually, after all the gloom & doom. I expect no less of Galliani, frankly. He always manages to pull something interesting from under his tie.
2013 is also a voting year in Italy, Berlusconi may want to go all in.
Robben can't go to Milan. =(
He won't.
He won't. He's far too young.

(also, it'll be his season. He'll be godly again. I just know it)
Aww, c'mon, that stuff is pretty old, we're young now!

Kyoufu

We're about to sign a 19 year old Australian from the Australian league.

Not a single fuck given by me. Sorry AUS-GAF, but I need senior signings.

Carbonox

Even he is all "why am I joining this unambitious squad who can't afford cheap players, fml, I should have gone to Man Utd".

Here's the daily Götze Reus pic:
tbwLS.jpg

Bonus for today, Götze stretching:
7TeK8.jpg

Carbonox

I'd let Gotze goatse me any day of the week.

Edit: Lille have completed the signing of Sidibe from Troyes. Hopefully this gets the Debuchy transfer rolling again.

Salazar

I think we all understand that you have hilariously high transfer window standards, Kyoufu. And it is, therefore, understandable that you are perturbed at having done, relatively speaking, fuck all.

Kyoufu

I think we all understand that you have hilariously high transfer window standards, Kyoufu. And it is, therefore, understandable that you are perturbed at having done, relatively speaking, fuck all.

Signing first teamers is having hilariously high transfer window standards?

wat

Jovetic is meeting with Fiorentina's president today. Presumably to tell him he wants to go to Juve and Juve only. That's what various italian journals / other sources are reporting anyway.

So ... RVP *and* Jovetic? Not sure if the universe is ready. My body certainly isn't.

Juve are going for it aren't they.

Zabojnik

Jovetic is meeting with Fiorentina's president today. Presumably to tell him he wants to go to Juve and Juve only. That's what various italian newspapers / other sources are reporting anyway.

So ... RVP *and* Jovetic? Not sure if the universe is ready. My body certainly isn't.

Yen

Can't wait for Liverpool - Roma. Season has to start. I don't care how good or bad we play, just freaking start.

I thought Pacheco played very well in the last game. Lots of trickery, beat the man every time, but his end product was lacking. Still, good to see him doing well. I thought his Liverpool career was finished.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Doea any1 else feels that Juve fans are in an Overdrive Muppet Mode?

Jovetic *and* RVP? Seriously?

I don't think it's that crazy. If they can add some firepower up front they can dominate Serie A for the next few years, given the shambles that Inter and Milan are in.

Zabojnik

marottapriceisrightsmall.jpg

Chill, pappe, we're joking most of the time. :) It will be nothing short of a miracle if can get to either one of these two. Would you rather have us rave about Pazzini? Let us dream for a while longer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

It's 45M for both. Possible, but unlikely knowing Marotta.

Matri, Quag, Krasic, Melo, Patience and Ziegler are on the market, that should easily cover half of it if not more. It's not gonna happen though, because most of them would rather sit on the bench and collect their paychecks
vB9vc.gif

Only seeing those Man of Steel teaser trailers now <3 that they used music from the Fellowship of the Ring!

Time to watched the leaked trailers now, pretty psyched that Nolan is involved, a serious Superman film would be excellent.
I don't know why I don't like Superman. One of the most boring superheros around, he's just a super...man.

pappe

What makes it all worse is Pardew saying Mike Ashley has Champions League ambitions next season...

Good luck with that.

Chill dude. All these deals take a lot of time to happen.Especially if you are after some highly sought after player. Liverpool and United have just signed 1 first team player only (yet).

Gambit

But he looks old. Perfect for Milan. =(

(I doubt Bayern would sell him, but I hope they go look for another player soon)

man, does he ever. To think he is younger than I am is both terrifying and exhilarating.

But I agree, they need to be on the look-out for a replacement. Robben's body is never gonna last a full footballer's career. I give him about two more years at the highest level.

Aww, c'mon, that stuff is pretty old, we're young now!

I know, but don't take it away from me. It was such a fun jab.

pappe

It's 45M for both. Possible, but unlikely knowing Marotta.

Matri, Quag, Krasic, Melo, Patience and Ziegler are on the market, that should easily cover half of it if not more. It's not gonna happen though, because most of them would rather sit on the bench and collect their paychecks

Selling almost all your strikers to bring in 2 Highly injury prone strikers would be suicide.

Kyoufu

Chill dude. All these deals take a lot of time to happen.Especially if you are after some highly sought after player. Liverpool and United have just signed 1 first team player only (yet).

Let me panic dammit. :p

On an unrelated note, is anyone here going to watch the Olympics? I personally won't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The draw for Coppa Italia was made today! Milan could face Juventus in the quarterfinal if both teams make it past the round of 16.

charlie-sheen-roast-evil-laugh-photo_532x305.jpg

Facism

Fenerbahce won't pay £2.5 mil for Yobo, but would rather spend £5 mil for shytinga. Because he's friends with Dirk JT.

Run by fucking fools, this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom