• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Liverpool looking better as the half has gone on. Shelvey did well there, but i was more impressed with Stirling keeping the ball in and managing to whip in a good cross.

Arnie

Is it just me or is Enrique looking rather poor? Haven't seen a good game from him in awhile.

Hasn't been that good since about November. I'm fairly certain his career is inversely attached to Jordi Alba's, which means we're fucked now he's signed for Barca.

sohois

Hasn't been that good since about November. I'm fairly certain his career is inversely attached to Jordi Alba's, which means we're fucked now he's signed for Barca.

That's ridiculous. I like how 'faded slightly in the second half of the season' goes to 'really poor in the second half of the season' which has now become 'hasn't been good since November'. Enrique was the best Lb in the league for for the first half, it is understandable that he couldn't maintain that form but people are making him out to be terrible. While he hasn't been good in this match, its half a game in preseason, he was fine against Toronto.

Fry

Being honest, I like her jaw.

ibb197REp9MyJ9.gif

Messi

I'm jealous of her jaw :(

Btw, is Messi on the pre-season tour with Barca? Want him to play against United when they play in August.

Messi is 'injured' he picked up a light strain right before the hamburg trip (I dont believe this for a second) and he was back doing light recovery work today. I dont think the club wanted to risk him before the season starts/clasico.

Mastadon

Banned
That's ridiculous. I like how 'faded slightly in the second half of the season' goes to 'really poor in the second half of the season' which has now become 'hasn't been good since November'. Enrique was the best Lb in the league for for the first half, it is understandable that he couldn't maintain that form but people are making him out to be terrible. While he hasn't been good in this match, its half a game in preseason, he was fine against Toronto.

Yeah this. His decline in form past Christmas wasn't as severe or as abrupt as people make out. He's made a few mistakes, and looked tired at times but I still think he's one of the best LBs in the league.

Labadal

He wasn't good against Toronto either. He's not good. Only thing he has is speed, nothing else.

Arnie

I think he's been like a dog at a firework display for a good part of the season, perhaps November was harsh, but definitely since Christmas. He seems jumpy and prone to lacks of concentration, and his ability to close down crosses is seriously lacking.

K1LLER7

Messi is 'injured' he picked up a light strain right before the hamburg trip (I dont believe this for a second) and he was back doing light recovery work today. I dont think the club wanted to risk him before the season starts/clasico.
:(

Atleast we get to see next seasons POTY.......Bebe

Yen

AA and Shelvey were great first half.

DKR was fantastic. What an ending, Nolan is the best big budget director around, despite GAF backlash.

Arnie

:lol

Commentator 1: "I don't know where Jonjo Shelvey and Michael Bradley's friendship has come from"

Commentator 2: "Probably go to the same barbers by the looks of them"

Oh, not you Wooden. I made a note to tell anyone in this thread who's joining in with that meme that it isn't funny in the slightest. And it's a blame space joke to boot.

Fry

People actually made it to the fourth season of that show? Tried to watch season 1 but was sure it was all the same episode.

:lol :lol :lol at your avatar. I thought COOLIO was quoting me for a second.

House is pretty great overall, if you couldn't make to S4, the show is definitely not for you, since the best seasons come before that.

Because blame space told them too.

Why aren't you laughing?

It wasn't blame space, maaaaan

THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

:lol :lol :lol at your avatar. I thought COOLIO was quoting me for a second.

House is pretty great overall, if you couldn't make to S4, the show is definitely not for you, since the best seasons come before that.

Just got bored of every episode being so predictable. Same stuff happened in every episode.

Hmm...Suso is playing. I should watch, but then I'll get sad that LFC have a player I so badly wish we had...

What to do...

Now that's hilariously ironic.

Fucking love Morgan, having a go at Heinze for going in hard on Suso. A scouser giving shit to a Manc for sliding Suso. That's a perfect storm.
We don't like Heinze. Mainly because he wanted to join your mob.

PaulLFC

Adorjan, Wilson, Sama and Lucas coming on.

Great to see Lucas getting some more game time, his recovery's 2 months ahead of schedule apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom