• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

LOL I was just thinking, right after Bojan's shot "this is gonna be a goal here."

I was right. At least it was Bradley. USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A

Cool to see Bradley playing so well. Still cracks me up how it wasn't so long ago some people were saying he was only on the USMNT because of some sort of sinister nepotism.

Arnie

Bang bang.

In fairness, considering the team sheets and the difference in preparation we were always getting banged tonight.

Zabojnik

They've played some lovely stuff.

I shouldn't be, given all the bad blood between Juve and Roma / Zeman, but I'm actually genuinely excited to see how Roma will adapt to Zeman's all-out attacking football. Partly because the potential for a spectacular defensive catastrophe is extremly high, I'll admit that. :p Will be interesting to see if for once in his life Zeman will try to find some sort of compromise, should his unconventional ideas fail.

198095hp2.jpg

Arnie

Not a terrible result, considering the differences between both sides. Pleased that Lucas got some more good minutes under his belt. Suso silky as ever. Shelvey dominant, Aquilani good, too.

Now, do I watch Chelsea or BB?

xintin

All the talk of United's debt and the amount of spending from Chelsea, City, PSG etc. has given me a great idea for a Senior Design project.

Thanks for the inspiration Footy-GAF

sohois

Defence looked really disorganised, liked they had never played together, but hopefully things can improve once the usual back 4 & Reina come back. Attack was promising, really started to click as the game went on and much better than the lukewarm action against Toronto. Very nice to see Shelvey & Pacheco looking so threatening as well.

Sloosha

Not a terrible result, considering the differences between both sides. Pleased that Lucas got some more good minutes under his belt. Suso silky as ever. Shelvey dominant, Aquilani good, too.

Now, do I watch Chelsea or BB?

Watch Breaking Bad. Seems we're starting with a fairly boring lineup this game.

GorillaJu

Shelvey looked really good today. Honestly surprised me. As good as he looks in the middle, he's never really impressed me in the final third but tonight he looked composed, confident, and had some great skill maneuvers and dribbling.

Labadal

Shelvey looked really good today. Honestly surprised me. As good as he looks in the middle, he's never really impressed me in the final third but tonight he looked composed, confident, and had some great skill maneuvers and dribbling.

My Koptimistic opinion is that he gets first team football with us. No loaning out to another team.

Reina

Kelly
Skrtel
Agger
Johnson

Gerrard
Lucas
Shelvey

Suarez
Carroll
Borini

GQman2121

Banned
This is fun so far. And the MLS All Stars have pretty nice kits. I like the back setup with the name and numbers. Dark on dark is slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom