• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

princeutcm.gif

GorillaJu

a PL all star team would be sweet to watch

Silva, Modric, RVP, Aguero, Carroll, etc. all together at the same time. Would be fun to watch.

GQman2121

Banned
I don't think they've done their homework on Marin. He has about two moves with the ball in the box. They're good moves, but he needs to mix it up more.

edit: JT be JTing

American sponsorship does my head in. "The half-time report brought to you by Gatorade. Mmm taste that energy. That's Gatorade, energy you can drink." Just made that one up. I'm sure that could pass.

Hieberrr

American sponsorship does my head in. "The half-time report brought to you by Gatorade. Mmm taste that energy. That's Gatorade, energy you can drink." Just made that one up. I'm sure that could pass.
That's North American sports for ya. Everything is brought to you by at least someone.

That's North American sports for ya. Everything is brought to you by at least someone.
At least four companies. It's not even that, in the UK the most you will hear is, "The FA Cup with Budweiser" for example. If this was the USA it would be, "The FA Cup brought to you by Budweiser. Let the smooth bubbles slide down your throat. Budweiser, it'll get you drunk!".

Hieberrr

At least four companies. It's not even that, in the UK the most you will hear is, "The FA Cup with Budweiser" for example. If this was the USA it would be, "The FA Cup brought to you by Budweiser. Let the smooth bubbles slide down your throat. Budweiser, it'll get you drunk!".
That's what I've noticed. You should see NBA and NFL games... everything is sponsored. Pregame shows, half-time shows, replays, those things that let commentators select players and moving them around, etc... it's ridiculous.

GQman2121

Banned
That's what I've noticed. You should see NBA and NFL games... everything is sponsored. Pregame shows, half-time shows, replays, those things that let commentators select players and moving them around, etc... it's ridiculous.

And in Football there are sponsors on the shirts. But I get what you're saying. In the US it's almost like every sponsor is trying to one up the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom