• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

City have finally appointed a new CEO. Ferran Soriano, Ex Barca CEO and Vice President.

"I am feeling very good here. All the problems are part of the past and the truth is I'm very happy"
Tevez

I want to believe you 100% Tevez but I can only believe 99%

dc89

Breaking: Martin Jol has confirmed that Clint Dempsey won't be in tomorrow's match line up as he wants to leave

Also Podolski will wear the number 9 shirt and Giroud will wear the number 12 shirt at Arsenal.

Ferguson at the pre-presser said:
"I think that, absolutely. That had to be in our estimation of bringing Robin here that we had to… what would be the combinations because Robin can actually play in two or three positions as he's done at Arsenal, last season he proved what his best position was, number 1, furthest up the pitch, 37 goals, 30 league goals, that in itself tells you where his best position is. But Arsenal over the years have sort of evolved their systems a bit and therefore that's maybe why he was sometimes played midfield, wide right, sometimes wide left, and in that situation now I have the possibility I can play Rooney through, Van Persie through, Chicharito through, I've got Danny Welbeck who could play through and I've got Kagawa playing in that hole behind, who is a fantastic young footballer too. So that's my dilemma but you know that the most important thing for all these 5 players, and you've got Macheda, young Macheda, who is still a young lad, only 20 years of age, the important thing is to win what we want to win, that's the important thing and the players, as a unit, the 5 of them, have helped us to do that by offering a goal contribution that is better than everyone else, then we've done the right thing."

Fergie talking about United's five attackers. Once again speaking about Kagawa playing in the hole, but also opening up on the possibilities of an interchanging forward line. Certainly starting to sound like a return to our 433 system last decade.

Otherwise, even Macheda gets a mention ahead of Berbatov. Hopefully Dimitar finds a decent club this summer.

Zabojnik

Maybe you guys have already discussed about that, but 40m€ for Javi Martinez??? Is Bayern crazy???

30M€. 10M€ goes out of Javi's salary, which is another way of saying "don't worry, you'll get a raise to compensate for that 10M€ soon enough, but for now let's pretend you're basically paying to play for Bayern."

GorillaJu

Fucking miserable games of Fifa today. This shit is stacked against me I swear. I battered this guy with 70% possession and hit the INSIDE of the post three times, the ball bouncing to one of his defenders every time. All my tackles, the ball lands right back at his feet. All my shots are like theyre in slow motion.

Then 90' I'm running down the line with Nasri, skip past three defenders, put in a cross, and bam. Rio Ferdinand own goal. Equalizes 1-1. He kicks off, Welbeck trips over himself at the mid point, I pick up the ball with Tevez, run past all his defenders and make it 2-1.

SWEET. FIFA. JUSTICE.

confuziz

Banned
Okay my team has joined the Gaf league; Cape Uni New Town.

my team so far;

FptMo.png

Salazar

Macheda might only be 20, but striker at United isn't enough of a grow-into-it role for him as things stand. Ferguson sounds like he's going to give him cup time, but fuck. He'd better show something.

Clegg

I know it was mentioned earlier but heres what SAF said about his business in the transfer window.

Are you happy with your squad now, do you think there will be any more business to be done now is it pretty much it?

"No, I think it's maybe one other position, but we've spent a big bit of money and if I need to go to the Glazer family then I am sure they would say yes but it's only if a certain player was, became available then we would take it."

Facism

Gold Member
rio ferdinand fined 2 days wages! that'll show him! Bread and water for him for the next week and a beg to the landlord for an extension to the rent accrual!

Zabojnik

I hope Marotta wasn't playing to the gallery when he said we're still after Jovetic.

The only way I see this happening is if a) Quagliarella agrees to move to Firenze, provided they'd even want him and b) Jovetić goes into JT mode, puts his foot down and categorically refuses to stay with the Viola.

Yeah, it ain't happening. JoJo's been quiet about the whole affair. They probably promised they'd let him go next year. I can see Barca snatching him after what I'm sure will be a stellar season on his part. Fuck. This. Shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Based Claudio is Turin-born and wise beyond his years. Even Raiola could not tempt him away from Juve legend status.

Why Mino of all people? It makes no sense to me.

Zabojnik said:
The only way I see this happening is if a) Quagliarella agrees to move to Firenze, provided they'd even want him and b) Jovetić goes into JT mode, puts his foot down and categorically refuses to stay with the Viola.

Yeah, it ain't happening. JoJo's been quiet about the whole affair. They probably promised they'd let him go next year. I can see Barca snatching him after what I'm sure will be a stellar season on his part. Fuck. This. Shit.

That's what I'm afraid off, I think we can wait a year or two without Jovetic but sooner or later other clubs will come knocking. He's Serie A's next Alexis Sanchez. :/

Zabojnik said:
Too late.

Actually..

Catania-v-Cagliari-Jorge-Martinez-celeb_2374233.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom