• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
j6Oop.jpg

Barring last minute injuries I think this is what I'll run with.

snoopen

j6Oop.jpg

Barring last minute injuries I think this is what I'll run with.
I really don't see Cazorla getting much gametime tomorrow. Maybe he'll come on for 40 mins and that's about it. I suppose when he is fully fit he'll be a guaranteed starter though..

qindarka

Banned
Why are so many people picking Torres and as captain too? He still commands a high price and is unreliable, despite his goal in the Community Shield.

Marin injured for Sunday :( oh well, Oscar is back, I hope he starts. I bet we put ramires on the right.

And azpilicueta is playing for marseille this weekend. Why is this not wrapped up already FFS?

GorillaJu

I really wish I could predict when Fifa decides its my turn to lose and makes every shot go inches wide and every pass go super slow

Kyoufu

Marin injured for Sunday :( oh well, Oscar is back, I hope he starts. I bet we put ramires on the right.

And azpilicueta is playing for marseille this weekend. Why is this not wrapped up already FFS?

I feel your pain. Getting RBs seems to be tougher than it should be right now. :(

Wilbur

Banned
https://p.twimg.com/A0flWnUCYAIgIBF.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

It's time for Level Three

[quote="LabouredSubterfuge, post: 41125444"]Interesting. Wonder who that could be?[/QUOTE]

Back to circling the drain. This is what I was afraid of, sigh. That just means there's no way we're getting this player but we made an enquiry anyway.

Was probably a fucking winger. [spoiler]love you too you optimistic bastard[/spoiler]

[quote="Arnie, post: 41125644"]Only just seen this but it's fucking brilliant, [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9elfwV8cU"]woman from Chelsea TV ripping Martin Lipton from the Mirror to pieces. [/UL][/QUOTE]

That was great, genuinely laughed. Journalists are such bellends sometimes.

[quote="Wes, post: 41125743"][B][url=http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1135726/paul-lambert-praises-jermain-defoe-and-kenwyne-jones?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&utm_source=footballURLs&utm_medium=twitter&cc=5739]ESPN: Paul Lambert has voiced his admiration for Jermain Defoe and Kenwyne Jones, but says it is a case of "wait and see" as to whether either striker becomes an Aston Villa player.[/url][/B]

Phalluses on display.
(It has been rumoured previously that Jones would sign next week with Hutton going to Stoke as part of the transfer).[/QUOTE]

Jones would be a class buy, but it's coaxing consistency out of him that's the problem. On his day he's unplayable but he's a lazy bastard.

And Hutton would fit right in at Stoke.

Wilbur

Banned
I have this horrendous feeling that RVP is going to continue his Euros form, be dIsenamoured with a prickly Scot replacing a philosophical Frenchman, have a few injuries that are treated poorly by our shit medical team and then begrudgingly accept a place on the bench because Welbeck starts ahead of him.

Still, one goal against Arsenal would be worth it. Besides guys, don't remember we gave you Silvestre? You're just returning the favour.

Arnie

My fantasty team's ready, I think.

Michu's a proper gamble, as is Cahill (not sure whether he'll start over Luiz).

I've also hedged my bets about Newcastle beating Spurs.

I'm so nervous dude.

This is a make or break season for us. :(

It's an important season that's for sure. I just hope that if we hit a difficult spell that Ashley keeps his head and more importantly keeps Pardew. We haven't had a manager this long for 10 years, stability with the management is extremely important so if we can keep that I'm sure we can be a top 6 side!

Arnie

Yeah, keep being tempted to just put in Pienaar or someone else proven.

I would say that's not a good idea because Everton are playing United, but then I'd be a hypocrite, as I've got Jelavic as my vice captain.

Seems pretty bizarre that a player linked to top clubs is going to a newly promoted side. Still, Southampton seem to be loaded, at least in FM.

The top clubs were never that interested, though. The links all came from his agent, and in the end, Southampton was his only real offer. There's a lot of money involved in this transfer to a lot of people (Penarol, for example received 6 million euros), those in a position of power did everything to engineer the transfer.

I would say that's not a good idea because Everton are playing United, but then I'd be a hypocrite, as I've got Jelavic as my vice captain.
Right, but I probably wouldn't be starting him in the first gameweek. There's also my countryman McClean at that price point, but his opening fixture is just as bad. N'Zogbia costs the same, too.

If Michu is anywhere near as good this year as he was last, it'll be worth it.

Arnie

Right, but I probably wouldn't be starting him in the first gameweek. There's also my countryman McClean at that price point, but his opening fixture is just as bad.

If Michu is anywhere near as good this year as he was last, it'll be worth it.

I took McClean out for Michu.

:/

Cuddler

Maybe you guys have already discussed about that, but 40m€ for Javi Martinez??? Is Bayern crazy???
In other news, on tv they said that Llorente is now really difficult for Juventus, next possible new Juventus striker is.......

....Berbatov....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom