• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

I found the correct channel! I have Sunderland at Arsenal, Liverpool at West Bromwich, and Norwich City at Fulham ready to record. I am going to watch Sunderland at Arsenal live~

There are actually more Scottish coaches than English coaches in the Premier League at the moment, so I don't think its been forgotten as such!

If you're interested in the evolution of tactics try giving 'Inverting the Pyramid' a read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1409102041/

Thanks, I put it on hold at my library.

pappe

We might be on the lookout for another winger, if the Nani rumours are true.

Bring back Obertan!

No seriously, i dont think we will buy another winger even if Nani goes.

1) we are broke and have already overspent
2) I think we are leaving out our over reliance on the wingers for this season and opting for wide midfielders
3)If that is the case we have young, Val, Roo, kaggy,Wellbz and giggs who all can be competent as wide attacking midfielder.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He gets deals done quickly.

Not quick enough.

pavel_nedved.jpg

Mino or no Mino, we're not a selling club.

Arnie

I found the correct channel! I have Sunderland at Arsenal, Liverpool at West Bromwich, and Norwich City at Fulham ready to record. I am going to watch Sunderland at Arsenal live~

Thanks, I put it on hold at my library.
Sounds good, I appreciate you taking the effort to give the sport a look.

If you fancy watching creative attacking football laced with tactical discipline, I suggest you watch Liverpool.

kharma45

Bring back Obertan!

No seriously, i dont think we will buy another winger even if Nani goes.

1) we are broke and have already overspent
2) I think we are leaving out our over reliance on the wingers for this season and opting for wide midfielders
3)If that is the case we have young, Val, Roo, kaggy,Wellbz and giggs who all can be competent as wide attacking midfielder.

I'm hoping we see little of Giggs this year.

I wouldn't go as far to say we're broke, we've got funds to sign one more big player should the need arise, and if Nani was to go we'd easily be able to bring someone in.

GorillaJu

Fantasy team is done. Very satisfied, now. Had to give someone the axe that I didn't want to, but my team improves massively because of it. Sorry, Sergio. You'll be back later, I'm sure. <3

Arnie

Fantasy team is done. Very satisfied, now. Had to give someone the axe that I didn't want to, but my team improves massively because of it. Sorry, Sergio. You'll be back later, I'm sure. <3
I axed Bale.

Brought in Yaya and I fancy Newcastle to keep a clean sheet.

choodi

Banned
I'm calling this now...RVP to be injured before round 10. Will miss at least 5 games and will not score more than 10 goals the whole season.

Fintan

It sucks how few live matches are on over here. The only 3 o'clock match on TV in Ireland is West Brom vs Liverpool. There aren't any 3 o'clock games on in the UK, right?

Zabojnik

Damn, the 'less important' PL matches are shown on a channel I don't have. Damn you, Sportklub+! I'll have to upgrade my subscription if I want to avoid watching Newcastle via streaming.

GorillaJu

I axed Bale.

Brought in Yaya and I fancy Newcastle to keep a clean sheet.

I don't plan on banking on clean sheets this year. Too many goals were scored last season in the PL, and with few exceptions, it was hard to predict what teams would keep a solid defensive record.

This year I'm going with cheap goalkeepers and I'm going to just rotate Home/Away with my defenders, and have one stalwart that plays every week, either Vidic or Kompany.

Also, axing Bale is crazy talk. He's going to be one of the top scoring midfielders this year, and Spurs don't have any strikers so he's going to be scoring their goals for the first few weeks. I expect him to average 8+ points per game, at least until Adebayor signs.

kharma45

Van Persie starts press conf by thanking Arsene Wenger and Arsenal players, fans, staff for "all their help"

"From my side and Arsenal's side, there is no hard feeling. No one is angry with me and I'm not angry with them"

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ramirez: "In Italy, one of the best memories was playing for Bologna at the Juventus Stadium."

YxNPP.gif

His move reminds me of Ba's move to West Ham. I know what he's trying to do :p

We might be on the lookout for another winger, if the Nani rumours are true.

I bet Nani signs. I know he said there's football outside Spain or England, but it's too early in his career to move solely for money and risk a step down in pedigree. Fergie maybe doesn't think as highly of Nani's reliability as he himself does, but if the Welbeck renewal is any indication, he'll definitely get 100k+ per week. He's likely trying to eke out as close to 150k as possible and the club is probably being mindful of the wage hierarchy.

kharma45

"This is the perfect match for me, Man Utd breathe football... my choice was made very soon in my mind... I'd love to play with Rooney."

Jabo

Seville are offering us Negredo for 20m :/

Preziosi says "Galliani is an old fox and he's planning on something huge but I'm not telling, it's like poker"

Cuddler

Why even bother.

Eh? I'd rather stick with Matri then.
Completely agree.
30M€. 10M€ goes out of Javi's salary, which is another way of saying "don't worry, you'll get a raise to compensate for that 10M€ soon enough, but for now let's pretend you're basically paying to play for Bayern."
lol
Rumour: Mino Raiola could soon become Claudio Marchisio's agent.

You needed a midfielder United?
No worries, Marchisio will stay at Juventus forever!

kharma45

SAF: "he's what we needed for the last couple of years...in team talks he was always a problem for us..I've taken the problem away .."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom