• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

"we're favourites every week according to him does he not realize he has a decent team himself" SAF on mancini's comments.

Dem mind games. SAF is still salty from last season when Mancini stitched him like a Kipper in the mind games front.

Finally, SAF has a true rival who is not afraid to compete with the mind games at the business end of the season and someone who will actually argue with him, as evident on the touchlines of the Etihad. Mancini said after both derby's him and SAF shared a bottle of the finest Italian red wine. Such a boss.

I really couldn't imagine Hughes doing that.

pappe

Well Ronaldo's improved far more as a goalscorer to be fair. Messi would still decimate the whole league.

I honestly dont think that will happen. He hasnt scored against Chelsea coz they have played a very physical game against Barca every time they have played and since more teams play that kind of football in the EPL as compared to the Spanish league he would not be as effective as he would quite literally be pushed off the ball a lot of times. He is always anonymous when Pepe from Real is marking him as well.

Kyoufu

Dem mind games. SAF is still salty from last season when Mancini stitched him like a Kipper in the mind games front.

Finally, SAF has a true rival who is not afraid to compete with the mind games at the business end of the season and someone who will actually argue with him, as evident on the touchlines of the Etihad. Mancini said after both derby's him and SAF shared a bottle of the finest Italian red wine. Such a boss.

Wine or Whine?

SAF prefers the latter.

bjaelke

SAF: "he's what we needed for the last couple of years...in team talks he was always a problem for us..I've taken the problem away .."

Damn so excited!!

otiym.gif

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah as fucked as Fergie gets with some managers, the only one he truly seemed to dislike was Rafa (Wenger for a season or two I suppose). Love that he has a bottle with every opposition manager.

Tbf, Wenger and Fergie has some real fiery encounters over the years.

Mourinho and Fergie never went toe-to-toe either, that would have been nuclear...but I think Jose could have him if he really wanted.

I'm pretty sure Fergie broke bread with Hughes too though, he does with every manager really.

bud

it's kind of offensive and dumb when you've spent so much money you've got, like, an entire bus worth of strikers for example, and you're still saying united are better. these aren't mind games; he's saying that stuff just so he can say afterwards, when they've lost, "see, i told you so. we need more players. we need better players."

i look forward to the day mancini gets fired.

Yen

it's kind of offensive and dumb when you've spent so much money you've got, like, an entire bus worth of strikers for example, and you're still saying united are better. these aren't mind games; he's saying that stuff just so he can say afterwards, when they've lost, "see, i told you so. we need more players. we need better players."

Can someone decrypt what he's trying to say?

Wilbur

Banned

I'd be far more scared of City every year if Mourinho or someone like that was in charge. I think they'll win the title but like... 51% - 49% in their favour.

Clegg

Nope.

He's not.

He isn't a good dribbler, his crossing is hit or miss and hes the most blatant diver in the squad. Occasionally he scores a good goal but he really doesn't add anything to Uniteds squad. He would be decent injury cover but I'd much rather he was a substitute for most games. He isn't on the same level as Nani or Valencia

Meier

Swapped Sinclair out for Michu, used the 0.5 points to swap out de Gea out for Cech to get that extra fixture in.

I'll add Gaston Ramirez next week -- he should do well at a club like Southampton where he'll be a primary option.

Fergie

Banned

He's just putting the pressure of his players, underdog and all that. Even though it isn't the case City have one of the best set of players in the league, just underperforming in UCL is the problem.

Obviously not on the same level as Nani, but definitely offers some things Valencia can't. Not saying he should start, just a great option. His goal against Blackburn was sex.

Valencia is a monster, he owns that right side on his best days, absolutely destroys it.

LegoArmo

Obviously not on the same level as Nani, but definitely offers some things Valencia can't. Not saying he should start, just a great option. His goal against Blackburn was sex.

GQman2121

Banned
Nope.

He's not.

You not remember him trying to drag us back to victory against Basel while everyone else fucked about? He scores goals, assists, he's a good player and incredible back up to have.

I would love to hear his response to being described as an incredible backup.

Wilbur

Banned

He's got a good shot on him but - and it's an odd criticism because people that get 'oh he can do nothing for 85 minutes and then pop up with the winning goal' are always praised - he does fuck all for most the match. It's okay if you're Hernandez but when you're expected to protect a left back, to get crosses in, to make runs into the box, he's just limited at it.

He's an adequate player, good at mid-table but I don't think we'd miss anything if he wasn't here.

GorillaJu

This doesn't bode well for a Sahin transfer. They probably wanted to announce them both at once, but with Sahin stalling and considering Arsenal, they decided to just put up the Assaidi announcement.

Not gooooooddddd

Wilbur

Banned
Shame the years have softened Wenger & Ferguson's relationship.

If Arsenal were title challengers and beat United again I'm sure he'd have something to say. Mancini's a threat because of City which is why I think it's a little softer than it was with Wenger, who was the reason Arsenal were doing so well.

Agreed with Viva on Mourinho, but they both seemed to have such respect for each other.

LegoArmo

He's got a good shot on him but - and it's an odd criticism because people that get 'oh he can do nothing for 85 minutes and then pop up with the winning goal' are always praised - he does fuck all for most the match. It's okay if you're Hernandez but when you're expected to protect a left back, to get crosses in, to make runs into the box, he's just limited at it.

He's an adequate player, good at mid-table but I don't think we'd miss anything if he wasn't here.
Not just goals though, he won us a couple of games last season, late on with perfect crosses into the box. Maybe he's particularly good under pressure. Obviously annoying when he doesn't beat his man, or dribbles into them, but still.

3Sixty

The Wednesday, where are you!?

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

Sheffield Wednesday about to pull off one of the best captures of the summer ...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't understand why united fans call Mourinho by his first name... seems so weird to me.

Salvadora

If Arsenal were title challengers and beat United again I'm sure he'd have something to say. Mancini's a threat because of City which is why I think it's a little softer than it was with Wenger, who was the reason Arsenal were doing so well.

Agreed with Viva on Mourinho, but they both seemed to have such respect for each other.

Yeah that has to be a factor. Hope Mancini & Ferguson hot up this season. It's far too tame for my liking.

pappe

This doesn't bode well for a Sahin transfer. They probably wanted to announce them both at once, but with Sahin stalling and considering Arsenal, they decided to just put up the Assaidi announcement.

Not gooooooddddd

Just imagine if SAF decided to throw his hat into the ring regarding the Sahin affair. I am sure Sahin would prefer us over Arsenal and Liverpool both and it would be the best transfer window we would have had in ages.

Young is a pretty good third winger tbh. I don't mind that we have him, I don't really like players like him but he is effective enough. Just think we over-paid.

As a set of 3 wingers we have great options...Young is part of that, just lesser than Valencia and Nani.

Clegg

Oh is that all he brings? Shit player.

But if he plays badly then he offers absolutely nothing. His passing and first touch are poor, everyone knows that. He plays on the shoulder of the defender and tries to use his pace to accelerate away. If he mistimes his runs then he gets caught offside more often than not. This happened fairly regularly last season.

Hes a poacher. His overall game simply isn't good enough, yet.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No idea. Meanwhile, you can almost touch the depression on Juve forums. Countless Pazzini jokes all around. :/

I'm in the minority who hates Marotta. I want him gone. All our transfer targets are picked by Conte and only Conte anyway, so there's no more Marotta signings. He failed again at closing many many deals, so why the fuck do we even need him? Because Paratici is too good?
Embarrassing pictures? Sure. Here we go, 10 years apart

it WAS fancy dress..

http://i.imgur.com/zwgKS.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lERlM.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Boss.

So where/how did you find your snake! I must've missed your post.

pappe

I actually think young is the perfect backup to Nani and Valencia. He can play in any of the attacking positions as well and always seems to be in the thick of it. yea we overpaid for him but that seems to be the story with most of our buys recently. except Kagawa.

D_prOdigy

Oh is that all he brings? Shit player.

It makes me so sad-kins to see Chicha get so much criticism here. He had a below-par season last season, but I remember just how much he exceeded expectations in his first. He's had 2 seasons and he's 24. I think he's class and deserves games.

K1LLER7

Would love if we moved back to a 4-3-3 formation. Like back in 2007/2008. Let the top 3 and Kagawa move around and Interchange positions.

Wilbur

Banned
It makes me so sad-kins to see Chicha get so much criticism here. He had a below-par season last season, but I remember just how much he exceeded expectations in his first. He's had 2 seasons and he's 24. I think he's class and deserves games.

I think he's a great finisher, but he's not great at anything else. Like Clegg says, to be in a position to score in the box - which he most likely will if he has the ball - he needs to get in there, but when he's making runs off the last defender and mistiming them every single time, it's frustrating. I love Hernandez, I really do but he's a last 20 minutes type striker as opposed to starting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom