• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't mean to offend anyone. It's a joke...maybe a bit too close to the edge.

Will remove.

Don't be a soppy bollocks haha. They all love it when they call Fergie an alcoholic, can't have it both ways.

He's obviously not a paedophile. Don't see how anyone could be offended by that.

I worded that wrong. Anderson and Nani were signings for the future. Anderson had a decent first season but Nani was terribly frustrating. Both were bought for their potential. Kagawa and RVP are more for the here and now. RVP is already a world class striker and Kagawa a very good attacking midfielder.

I get you. This is definitely the ultimate muppet summer. Kagawa AND RVP. If it weren't for the midfield/left-back ennui and the shadow of last season's last minute madness, I'm sure more fans would grasp that.

I had no idea about the situation and I assumed his comments earlier about the little boy inside of him screaming Man U was a bit of trolling... and then this picture shows up.

I hope he is. The reaction to his comments is certainly amusing enough.

The rumor has it Arsene Wenger really likes little boys.. I am sure he's a good man who just don't like spending money.

Well, I was talking about classy United fans, wasn't I? :p

-

Zab, two weeks left definitely anything can happen. Me? I'm adjusting my striker expectations.

giampaolo_pazzini_inter_de_milao.jpg

Edit:

Busy signing Juve's transfer target :p

Ice cold but Pazzini was our transfer target all along.. All according to plan.

Labadal

Our squad looks interesting now.

Reina will play almost every game.
Jones
Doni?
Gulacsi?

Johnson
Kelly
(Flannagan)

Jose Enrique
Robinson
(Wilson)

Agger
Skrtel
Coates
Carragher
(Wisdom)
(Coady)

Allen
Gerrard
Lucas
Shelvey
Henderson
Adam?
Spearing?
(Suso)

Downing
Assaidi
Sterling
Borini
Suarez
Carroll?
Cole?
(Morgan)
(Pacheco?)
(Eccleston?)

We currently have 34 players in the squad. I can see us getting rid of at least 5 players from that list. Cole, Adam (or Spearing), Pacheco, Eccleston and probably Carroll.

Salvadora

Don't be a soppy bollocks haha. They all love it when they call Fergie an alcoholic, can't have it both ways.

He's obviously not a paedophile. Don't see how anyone could be offended by that.

Who was it that posted about Ferguson's hand shaking & saying that he had the shakes? Posted it quite a few times irrc.

Clegg

Phil Jones will be out for a month which is longer than anticipated. Smalling is also out for 10 weeks and Evans is only just back training.

We're looking very light at CB tbh.

Zabojnik

I don't think it will (ever) happen, but would you guys be okay with selling Lichtsteiner to PSG for 30M€ if it meant a world class striker signing?

3Sixty

Ruh Roh.

Not sure if true but.

The owner of Bologna has just been interviewed on Italian TV and said the two clubs are some way apart in agreeing a fee. They are asking for 20m up front (Euros) and we have only offered 15m spread over 3 years. Also he is angry with Ramirez for some of his comments and is considering fining him.

Phil Jones will be out for a month which is longer than anticipated. Smalling is also out for 10 weeks and Evans is only just back training.

We're looking very light at CB tbh.
Shit seriously? That's crazy.

Means we have no recognised back-ups across the entire back line. Just 4 fit defenders...

GorillaJu

The Wenger pedophile shit was never funny, really. Some of the worst behavior by fans. No surprise United fans are the ones perpetuating it.

GorillaJu

Pretty pointless last sentence tbh.

Not really. It's always the United fans making songs about it. I didn't mean "because they're bad people" (questionable taste does not a bad person make), I was referring specifically to the fact that the chant/song about Wenger is an OT/travelling Man Utd thing.

I'm not offended by it, it's just not funny. There's a difference.

Clegg

One thing I'm not looking forward to this season is Harry Redknapp and Alan Shearer on my TV, at the same time.

Why MoTD, why?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think it will (ever) happen, but would you guys be okay with selling Lichtsteiner to PSG for 30M€ if it meant a world class striker signing?

30m? With Isla and Caceres? Yes.

His form really suffered when we switched to a 3-5-2, he's more suited to 4-3-3.

AND WE NEED A STRIKER!

Wilbur

Banned
and Adebayors father doesn't actually wash elephants. His mom probably isn't even a whore.

you serious bro

Hey look:

Oh Manchester (Oh Manchester)
It's full of shit, it's full of shit
Oh Manchester is full of shit
It's full of shit, shit and more shit
Oh Manchester is full of shit

Now I've been to Manchester. It's actually got citizens and two restaurants, so fuck you Liverpool chants.

3Sixty

One thing I'm not looking forward to this season is Harry Redknapp and Alan Shearer on my TV, at the same time.

Why MoTD, why?

I don't understand how you can have a man who has freely admitted he knows nothing about tactics be a fucking pundit.

Not really. It's always the United fans making songs about it. I didn't mean "because they're bad people" (questionable taste does not a bad person make), I was referring specifically to the fact that the chant/song about Wenger is an OT/travelling Man Utd thing.

I'm not offended by it, it's just not funny. There's a difference.
Ah okay. Fair enough.

I think it's a pretty shitty chant. I've sat in OT myself and told people to stop singing it. I don't think making jokes about it is that bad tbh...I think the sticking point is when thousands of people are signing it. It's just not pleasant and doesn't feel very jokey.

dc89

Yeah as fucked as Fergie gets with some managers, the only one he truly seemed to dislike was Rafa (Wenger for a season or two I suppose). Love that he has a bottle with every opposition manager.

Tbf, Wenger and Fergie has some real fiery encounters over the years.

Mourinho and Fergie never went toe-to-toe either, that would have been nuclear...but I think Jose could have him if he really wanted.

I'm pretty sure Fergie broke bread with Hughes too though, he does with every manager really.

I think Mancini would provide the wine at the etihad. Imagine that, I reckon he has good taste in wine.

GorillaJu

I don't understand how you can have a man who has freely admitted he knows nothing about tactics be a fucking pundit.

Better than a geezer with a creepy laugh who wants to feel Rooney's hair more than he wants air to breathe, or a Scot whose vocabulary has fewer words than Wilbury's dick has inches.

Ah okay. Fair enough.

I think it's a pretty shitty chant. I've sat in OT myself and told people to stop singing it. I don't think making jokes about it is that bad tbh...I think the sticking point is when thousands of people are signing it. It's just not pleasant and doesn't feel very jokey.

Didn't even see the joke, anyway, so fair enough there, too. I thought we were just "on that topic." The RVP thing... that is pretty funny. :lol

ShogunX

Ruh Roh.

Not sure if true but.

The owner of Bologna has just been interviewed on Italian TV and said the two clubs are some way apart in agreeing a fee. They are asking for 20m up front (Euros) and we have only offered 15m spread over 3 years. Also he is angry with Ramirez for some of his comments and is considering fining him.

Doing business with a lot of Italian clubs is like pulling teeth. Everything is always so complicated as every fucker has some kind of add-on and wants unrealistic money and then all of a sudden when it's a player they want to buy? Oh we have no money please accept our low ball terrible offer.

Yen

you serious bro

Hey look:

Now I've been to Manchester. It's actually got citizens and two restaurants, so fuck you Liverpool chants.

I had actually typed out a pre-emptive "WAYNE ROONEY" just after morsel's comment but didn't post it. Missed a chance there.

The Wednesday, where are you!?

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

Sheffield Wednesday about to pull off one of the best captures of the summer ...

Story might keep for paper. Depends when deal signed. Goodie. Interesting knock-on effect too.

This lad is one top young ENGLISH player.

Rumoured that Liverpool's Raheem Sterling will be going on a season long loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom