• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Seville are offering us Negredo for 20m :/

Preziosi says "Galliani is an old fox and he's planning on something huge but I'm not telling, it's like poker"

I've been saying this for a month. No way in hell Galliani isn't bringing at least one 'grande nome' to Milan after Ibra's and Silva's departure. Probably someone we want too. :/ Although ... isn't Milan out of non-EU spots? Hmmm, I wonder who Golden Tie has in mind.

Did he say transfer business is finished?
Said nothing in the presser I don't think but earlier on he said he wanted one more position sorted, and that he thinks that if he asks the Glazers for the money he will get it (he has said that alot today, talking up the Glazers).

Then he said it was one particular player.

Kyoufu

Said nothing in the presser I don't think but earlier on he said he wanted one more position sorted, and that he thinks that if he asks the Glazers for the money he will get it (he has said that alot today, talking up the Glazers).

So which one of our players is it?

Wilbur

Banned
Not that I heard.

Quotes on Twitter earlier from him said he'd sign one more player if they were available.

I missed the bit at the end where he laughed and then asked David Gill about something. Assumed it was transfer stuff.

Meier

Since we were posting embarassing pictures.. here's one of me at a going away party right before we moved from Chicago. I have the silly mustache since this was during Movember. This is one of two black-out drunk nights of my life... I had insane amounts of tequila by way of shots and margaritas that night. Bad, bad, bad news.

55416_10150331176710468_1492718_o.jpg

To counterbalance this, here's one of me trying to (succeeding I'd like to think) look like a badass at the Harley Museum.

7519_975352967723_4394376_n.jpg

Fergie says Messi couldn't do it on a wet and windy night in Stoke.

Think we're gonna sign one more - I can feel it. Muppet juices well and truly flowing.

LegoArmo

Agreed with what Ferguson said about Ronaldo and Messi not scoring that much in England when asked if the Spanish league was the best in the world.

Yeah he bloody loves Welbeck. Chicha might feel a little hard done by but he doesn't really bring anything to the team but goals, he's not a great player. Young can fuck off, can't believe we spent 18m on him. Haven't seen anyone run into dead ends more.

Worst thing is, you're slating him in the game and he turns up with a ridiculously good-looking goal or wins a penalty going on one of those aimless runs, even though he's played nothing but ugly all match. Is any other player as frustratingly sometimes-effective as Young?

Wilbur

Banned
Agreed with what Ferguson said about Ronaldo and Messi not scoring that much in England when asked if the Spanish league was the best in the world.

Well Ronaldo's improved far more as a goalscorer to be fair. Messi would still decimate the whole league.

Jabo

I've been saying this for a month. No way in hell Galliani isn't bringing at least one 'grande nome' to Milan after Ibra's and Silva's departure. Probably someone we want too. :/ Although ... isn't Milan out of non-EU spots? Hmmm, I wonder who Golden Tie has in mind.

I hope they don't mean Kaka by that. Yep Zapata took the last one. We could shady our way through though if Genoa buys the non-EU guy and loan him to us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YYoung can fuck off, can't believe we spent 18m on him.
He was a problem you took away. Well, Villa's problem anyway.

Someone in Serie A. Pazzini and..?

Wilbur

Banned
Worst thing is, you're slating him in the game and he turns up with a ridiculously good-looking goal or wins a penalty going on one of those aimless runs, even though he's played nothing but ugly all match. Is any other player as frustratingly sometimes-effective as Young?

There can't be. If he had been sub 10m I'd have been alright with it, because he does have some sort of effect in games. But he's so frustratingly pointless when running with the ball. He's just got a good shot on him.

And he's a diving bastard.

In fairness to Young, whilst I am not a fan really, against the weaker teams he is deadly effective. Because the quality of defending isn't so great his determination and perseverance does eventually pay off - he does have a good shot and has his little cut in manoeuvre on lock.

dc89

Balls to RVP right ArsenalGAF?
Ferran Soriano is where it's at.

Soriano at Barcelona improved their income from €123million (losses of €73million) to €308million (€88million profit) within 5 years.

No wonder City chased him for the best part of 1 year.

Also Tuttomercato say City are willing to pay £27m for De Rossi but Roma will only consider £31m or above. A compromise can be made.

Soriano at Barcelona improved their income from €123million (losses of €73million) to €308million (€88million profit) within 5 years.

Also Tuttomercato say City are willing to pay £27m for De Rossi but Roma will only consider £31m or above. A compromise can be made.
Just pay the £4m?

Wilbur

Banned
In fairness to Young, whilst I am not a fan really, against the weaker teams he is deadly effective. Because the quality of defending isn't so great his determination and perseverance does eventually pay off - he does have a good shot and has his little cut in manoeuvre on lock.

I guess so. Don't know how people haven't figured it out yet. He's like a marginally better Robben
troll

The fuck do Arsenal care about that hahaha?

Tc91

Can't wait to see RVP taking our set pieces I'm sick to death seeing Nani and Young taking shite corners.

Rooney is pretty decent at free kicks (his one in pre-season was nice) but RVP's technique is awesome.

dc89

Santa Cruz is prepared to leave City on a free transfer for Real Betis and forget about any kind of financial pay off.

See Ade, theres a guy who wants to play football and cares about his career. If he goes, good luck RSC and sorry Hughes brought you.

dc89

I guess so. Don't know how people haven't figured it out yet. He's like a marginally better Robben
troll

The fuck do Arsenal care about that hahaha?

Haha! I didn't mean it like that. I should have just posted it like this to avoid confusion

BALLS TO RVP RIGHT ARSENALGAF!

K1LLER7

Van Persie on Arsenal: "there's no hard feelings, we had a different view, that's life, no one is angry with me, I'm not angry with them"

"This is the perfect match for me, Man Utd breathe football...my choice was made very soon in my mind..I'd love to play with Rooney.."

Cuddler

They can still loan Gabriel (brazilian u21 goalkeeper) if they need space.

K1LLER7

SAF: "he's what we needed for the last couple of years...in team talks he was always a problem for us..I've taken the problem away .."

Damn so excited!!

So the consensus is that Young is a (dominant) mid-table player who's been found out at the top level. I concur.

Oh man, RVP's set-piece prowess totally slipped my mind. Hopefully we can have corners where the ball clears the first defender and doesn't loop over the danger zone.

LegoArmo

I don't concur about Young. Negativity surrounds him because he's a diving Englishman. At the top level, in Europe, he looked like the only player who gave a fuck at points.

danwarb

Predictions:

City will be a little more consistent and win the league slightly more comfortably this season. United 2nd.

Arsenal will be fine and finish ~4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom