• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

€25m minimum or go fuck yourself.

25M€? Fuck that. They have the money, why should we cave? You want him? Fine. 35M€ or go eat a dick.

542322_481342745210582_1380823524_n.jpg

exactly 2 years ago we signed him, best transfer of summer 2010?

FoWhR.gif

GorillaJu

Dc1736 that Agüero avatar is freaky as all hell. Isn't that supposed to be made for kids? I'm losing sleep over it even as a grown man.

dc89

Dc1736 that Agüero avatar is freaky as all hell. Isn't that supposed to be made for kids? I'm losing sleep over it even as a grown man.

Yup it's meant to be for kids rofl. They did a cartoon of every City player for a City website aimed at kids. :p I've got the whole set. Nasri may be my next choice.

---

Inside City is back!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/August/Inside-City-episode-38

You see #basedmarwood around the 0:50 mark.

Wow, it's quite interesting this one actually. You hear a guy say that when a player lands they give the agent and the player a document which helps them settle in and helps them address urgent stuff like banking, housing, cars.

And you can also see Rodwell getting a tour around Carrington.

And of course, good old fashioned training.

GorillaJu

Yup it's meant to be for kids rofl. They did a cartoon of every City player for a City website aimed at kids. :p I've got the whole set. Nasri may be my next choice.

---

Inside City is back!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/August/Inside-City-episode-38

You see #basedmarwood around the 0:50 mark.

Wow, it's quite interesting this one actually. You hear a guy say that when a player lands they give the agent and the player a document which helps them settle in and helps them address urgent stuff like banking, housing, cars.

And you can also see Rodwell getting a tour around Carrington.

I know. They completely aped the illustration style of a graphic artist whose footballer portraits became popular this year when he did the entire German national team. They don't compare in quality though – the originals have real style to them.

I know this because I also aped his illustration style.

Meier

If Lukaku were a wee bit cheaper, I'd take a flier on him. As it stands, throwing caution to the wind and using Djibril Cisse as my 3rd striker.

lol, just realised how badly mugged off Micah Richards got for Mackey's goal last season

Also lol at Jones' face when he realised City had won the title.

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
Kylehimself///kylehimself
WJD///WJD FC
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Snoopen///Arse FC
Keio///FC Voitto
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Sage00///Crystal Phallus
dc89///DCFC
PantyPhantom///Lõs Meños Phãntom

Pretty healthy league, 28 participants. Room for more :)

I think Allen will start over Shelvey for sure.

I hope Shelvey and Henderson get enough playing time to improve.

Its amazing what the off-season can do. End of last season, I was pretty much distraught. Players who looked like they couldn't give a shit, a manager who kind of deserved to be sacked, but had a reputation (and fans) that made you feel dreadful for thinking it, and owners who seemed like they were simply out to make a quick buck. We ended the season with less than a whimper, and I was left hoping that Man fucking City would get the ultimate reward for their pot luck just to deny Man Utd the league.

Now though we have a progressive, (relatively) media-savvy manager, no huge departures, a couple of astute signings and a few youngsters knocking on the door. Can't wait.

3 people leaving it to the last minute :D

I'm off to bed in a minute, so if you make your interest known before 3pm I'll put you in the league, even if I don't respond until later :)

Galliani contacted Perez recently, and said that we won't go after Kakà anymore. I expect Galliani to be in Madrid in about ten days, ready to perform another little show like Ronaldinho and Ibra. We're also after Pazzini as well: GDS reported today that there could be a swap between Cassano and Pazzini.

I just want to see this transfer session end. It's painful.
Am I reading this right? Milan and Inter fighting over Bendtner?

http://i.imgur.com/RZqf0.jpg

Basically, yes.

Does the number of cars he damaged exceed the number of goals he scored ?

The value of the best striker in the world cannot simply be measured by the amount of goals he scores. If goals were so important then Mario Gomez wouldn't be shit but we all know he is.

Zabojnik

Kaka' seems probable, yeah. But I'm still expecting a big surprise from Galliani.

Sviatoslav, what's going on with Pussy Riot over there in Russia? #FreePussyRiot

GorillaJu

I hope Shelvey and Henderson get enough playing time to improve.

Its amazing what the off-season can do. End of last season, I was pretty much distraught. Players who looked like they couldn't give a shit, a manager who kind of deserved to be sacked, but had a reputation (and fans) that made you feel dreadful for thinking it, and owners who seemed like they were simply out to make a quick buck. We ended the season with less than a whimper, and I was left hoping that Man fucking City would get the ultimate reward for their pot luck just to deny Man Utd the league.

Now though we have a progressive, (relatively) media-savvy manager, no huge departures, a couple of astute signings and a few youngsters knocking on the door. Can't wait.

What I still just can't fucking understand is the whole Hodgson reign. Goodness me. Should definitely go to prove something that the starting left back he brought in hasn't even been able to stay in the PL since we got shut of him! Paul fucking Konchesky.

Kaka' seems probable, yeah. But I'm still expecting a big surprise from Galliani.

Sviatoslav, what's going on with Pussy Riot over there in Russia? #FreePussyRiot

Some female punk group thought it was wise to oppose Putin. And they paid the price.

Just so Footy-gaf understands Putin is like a slightly less corrupt version of Abramovich and with a tiny bit more power.

What I still just can't fucking understand is the whole Hodgson reign. Goodness me. Should definitely go to prove something that the starting left back he brought in hasn't even been able to stay in the PL since we got shut of him! Paul fucking Konchesky.

I was thinking about PFK the other day when Kacaniklic made his Sweden debut. What a shocking piece of business. £7million and two promising youngsters for a low-Championship standard player, who'd prove himself to be nothing more than a relatively capable part of a completely rigid mid-table defense. Fucking shite player

Zabojnik

Some female punk group thought it was wise to oppose Putin. And they paid the price.

Just so Footy-gaf understands Putin is like a slightly less corrupt version of Abramovich and with a tiny bit more power.

2 years in prison for singing a blasphemous / insulting punk song in a church? That's just ridiculous. FREE PUSSY RIOT!!!

qindarka

Banned

Tiny bit more power? Isn't Abramovich's influence dependent on Putin?

GorillaJu

Watching the Premiership Years 11-12

SO HYPED. Only a few hours to go.

I almost forgot how absolutely breathtaking Man City were for the first few months last season. Balotelli, Aguero and Silva were just mesmerizing. They played some gorgeous fucking football.

sohois

I was thinking about PFK the other day when Kacaniklic made his Sweden debut. What a shocking piece of business. £7million and two promising youngsters for a low-Championship standard player, who'd prove himself to be nothing more than a relatively capable part of a completely rigid mid-table defense. Fucking shite player

Even with the ridiculous Carroll transfer, I maintain the worst bit of transfer business Liverpool have performed was getting rid of Aquilani and Insua on loan in order to spend £10million replacing them with Poulsen & Koncheskey.

2 years in prison for singing a blasphemous / insulting punk song in a church? That's just ridiculous. FREE PUSSY RIOT!!!
Hey they got of easy, the prosecutors wanted 3 years. Seriously though, the church still has a lot of power in Russia. And Putin doesn't want his reputation of someone who isn't swayed by public pressure to be jeopardized so he won't interfere.
Tiny bit more power? Isn't Abramovich's influence dependent on Putin?
I was being facetious. Putin is probably the single most powerful man in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom