• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

I've always thought Robben was an egotistical dick.

i8Xq4MvdYbGzZ.jpeg

Salazar

Good article on Cleverley here guys. Honestly I know it was the Community Shield and all but he completely changed the team last year when he came on, as well as the first games of the season. He doesn't really stand out on his own but he'll be a huge help for the way the team plays.

The phrase is an ugly one, but "performance multiplier" works. Someone who can give strikers the ball that little bit earlier, get it off defenders when they're crowded, do something with the loose ball instead of just getting to it. He has potential to clean up the way the rest of the team operates. What he does purely on his own is a bonus.

Meier

Mail saying both Bayern and Juventus are still interested in Dzeko. Hopefully if it happens we replace him with Llorente, Cavani, Higuain or Hulk. Whoever it is needs to be world class or close to it.

elsk

Banned
Mail saying both Bayern and Juventus are still interested in Dzeko. Hopefully if it happens we replace him with Llorente, Cavani, Higuain or Hulk. Whoever it is needs to be world class or close to it.

You should stop reading the Mail then. Bayern already signed two strikers haha, only Javi Martínez is pending.

panty

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I hope there's a joke in there, somewhere.

Ah, smilies are always great for arguments. Please elaborate your line of laughter, how is Ronnie an egoistic dick today.

He was an egoistic kid when leaving ManU but now I Real/Mou has lead him to the right direction. It's not about him anymore.

But while Messi is hailed as a secular saint, Ronaldo is derided for his self-confidence, some would say over-confidence. How does he cope with the vitriol he provokes in opposition fans?

"Sometimes, you have to put on a mask. You cannot smile every time for all the people. It's impossible, I cannot do that," he says.

"This is not my type of personality. And people really don't know me. And I do it for that because I don't want every person to know me, just close friends ... you know, my friends, teammates. These people know me very well. Other people, to be honest, I really don't care about that."
thanks, thought it was usually held before the season started.

The season starts tomorrow :b

Meier

Forbes put out their list of top 100 paid athletes..

Rank Name Pay Salary/Winnings Endorsements Sport
8 David Beckham $46 M $9 M $37 M Soccer
9 Cristiano Ronaldo $42.5 M $20.5 M $22 M Soccer
11 Lionel Messi $39 M $20 M $19 M Soccer
37 Wayne Rooney $24.3 M $17.8 M $6.5 M Soccer
59 Kaka $20.8 M $14.3 M $6.5 M Soccer
65 Sergio Aguero $20.1 M $16.6 M $3.5 M Soccer
68 Fernando Torres $19.6 M $16.6 M $3 M Soccer
73 Yaya Touré $19.1 M $16.6 M $2.5 M Soccer
88 John Terry $17.5 M $12.5 M $5 M Soccer
97 Steven Gerrard $17 M $12.5 M $4.5 M Soccer

http://www.forbes.com/athletes/

MPW

KONAMI is also offering a pre-order incentive in the form of a limited edition UEFA Champions League steel book edition. This specially-packaged version will be exclusively available via Blockbuster in the UK, and celebrates KONAMI’s exclusive agreement to feature the UEFA Champions League within the Pro Evolution Soccer series, and a secondary bonus includes a DLC code to unlock Historic UEFA Champions League Match Balls as seen in the real-life competition. The UK will also offer a second, Manchester United-themed steelbook edition for pre-orders, boasting the club’s livery on its cover and which is exclusive to GAME Stores.

wtf no real madrid steelbook?

Meier

Neymar played six matches in 14 days during Brazil's disappointing silver-medal run at the Olympics. Four days after that he went to Sweden to play 83 minutes of a friendly and a little more than day after that he was back in Brazil leading Santos to a 3-1 win over Figueirense.
The spikey-haired forward hired a private jet to take him from Stockholm to Florianopolis, a 14-hour trip, to try and help his struggling side revive their Brazilian championship fortunes.

Santos, who sorely missed the 20-year-old while he was playing for Brazil at the Olympic Games, said that the player had paid for the trip while Neymar displayed a photograph on his Twitter account, showing himself lying in bed on board the plane.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...reat-goal-santos-compared-032452945--sow.html

Pretty impressive story about everyone's favorite Brazilian.

Salazar

impressive, but worrying (for him). Ronaldo (and countless other promising young players... Michael Owen comes to mind) was criminally overworked when he was younger, and it crippled his body in the long run. A lot of pressure for a 20 year old.

Mmmm. What I've read about recovery times for professional footballers makes that schedule seem daft as fuck.

Meier

Mmmm. What I've read about recovery times for professional footballers makes that schedule seem daft as fuck.
Yeah to play all 90 after that friendly and then a 14-hour flight is pretty nutty. No one can question his commitment, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom