• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

"Bigger problems".

We scored a fucken absurd amount of goals without signing the league top scorer and a top playmaker.

Seems to me like "bigger problems" is Meus talk about possession and deserve quotients.

FuturusX

So a chat room? I assume the difference is no wait for a minute until you post aha?

Seriously, why the fuck is GAF working on the computer but not on my phone :/

Try setting your DNS to google's public DNS server 8.8.8.8...it has the correct DNS information.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Huddlestone's not even in the squad today, he's back at Spurs Lodge training with Bassong and the other rejects. I knew AVB was a dick, and maybe that's necessary to get the club to the top level, but he'd better get the points rolling in. That he prefers Jenas to Huddlestone is absurd and if results are poor with JJ in the team the fans will be on his back immediately. I'll give him a chance but he's pissing me off already.

elsk

Banned
VILLA.jpg

Just look at that douchebag!

Exactly!

FuturusX

Huddlestone's not even in the squad today, he's back at Spurs Lodge training with Bassong and the other rejects. I knew AVB was a dick, and maybe that's necessary to get the club to the top level, but he'd better get the points rolling in. That he prefers Jenas to Huddlestone is absurd and if results are poor with JJ in the team the fans will be on his back immediately. I'll give him a chance but he's pissing me off already.

AVB's time at Chelsea has conveyed one thing very clearly...he'll do it his way. Even to the bitter end.

Ushojax

AVB's time at Chelsea has conveyed one thing very clearly...he'll do it his way. Even to the bitter end.

True. If he gets us up the league I can't complain. I just hate seeing good players ostracised.

At least Sandro is ready for war:

8602b51ce91f11e1b479123138072941_7.jpg

Shocked more people didn't go for Ian Harte in fantasy. Defender who takes all the penalties and free kicks (and usually scores them).

Liverpool to finish with 65-70 points is the only prediction I'll make.

Allardyce. Book it.

Also happens to be the biggest impediment to West Ham surviving, so they should get it out of the way sooner rather than later.

How the hell is it that Sam, of all things, is the biggest impediment to our survival? For the first time since we were managed by Pardew, we actually look half-competent. Even if I dislike the style of football he has us play, it's undeniable just how much more organised the team look and just how much they actually look like a team, rather than a collection of overpaid mercenaries playing for little else than their pay-cheque.

Also, if not Sam, then who? It's not like there's a wealth of managerial talent for us to turn to should we be insane enough as to sack Allardyce mid-season.

neoanarch

How the hell is it that Sam, of all things, is the biggest impediment to our survival? For the first time since we were managed by Pardew, we actually look half-competent. Even if I dislike the style of football he has us play, it's undeniable just how much more organised the team look and just how much they actually look like a team, rather than a collection of overpaid mercenaries playing for little else than their pay-cheque.

Also, if not Sam, then who? It's not like there's a wealth of managerial talent for us to turn to should we be insane enough as to sack Allardyce mid-season.

Yeah don't see Allerdyce as a impediment. Certain fans see Allerdyce and think long ball, shit manager. Its not true at all though.

Scum

Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland
Fulham 3-1 Norwich
QPR 1-2 Swansea
Reading 1-1 Stoke
West Brom 1-4 Liverpool
West Ham 2-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 2-1 Tottenham

Bugger. Not Jenas. :-/

Hindle

Banned
Some of my predictions:

RDM is sacked, replaced by Harry Redknapp within 6 months

Predictions for the top 4:

Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea

Bottom 3

Swansea
Reading
West Brom

Champions League

Bayern Munich

JJ is mobile and can carry the ball and play the pass (sometimes).
Huddlestone isn't mobile and relies on the hollywood pass and the 10 long range efforts to every 1 on target. Basically English version of Charlie Adam.

pappe

Was the fantasy site working for any1 today. It has not been working for me since last night . It's loading funny and keeps on telling me to turn on the JavaScript on my laptop and just won't load up on my iPad and phone. Was working fine on my work pc yesterday.

bjaelke

Was the fantasy site working for any1 today. It has not been working for me since last night . It's loading funny and keeps on telling me to turn on the JavaScript on my laptop and just won't load up on my iPad and phone. Was working fine on my work pc yesterday.

Worked fine this morning.

K1LLER7

Arsenal 3 - 1 Sunderland
Fulham 2-0 Norwich
QPR 1-1 Swansea
Reading 2-1 Stoke
West Brom 1-3 Liverpool
West Ham 1-1 Aston Villa
Newcastle 2-2 Tottenham

Emhemed

Arsenal 2 -0 Sunderland
Fulham 2-0 Norwich
QPR 1-3 Swansea
Reading 0-0 Stoke
West Brom 1-2 Liverpool
West Ham 1-1 Aston Villa
Newcastle 1-1 Tottenham

Manager

Leeds: Kenny, Byram, Peltier, Pearce, White, Austin, Norris, Green, Varney, McCormack, Becchio

7 new players, 1 new youngster (Byram, promising defender), another four new signings on the bench incl. El-Hajdi Diouf. Peltier and Austin (bought from Norway) are FM (Championship) legends, 4 new players are from Portsmouth.

McCormack just signed a new contract, will be interesting if he can be as good this season as last. Also, very offensively minded line-up, will be interesting if they can score some goals.

Pearce is looking like a very promising signing, the good central defender they needed last season.

Wolves: Ikeme, zubar, stearman, johnson, ward, jarvis, henry, doumbia, forde, ebanks-blake, doyle.

Fletcher injured, Jarvis might be on his way to West Ham (£10m) but will play today.

Ushojax

Ancelotti says he wants Debuchy but he doesn't think Lille will sell to another team in France.

Every week we hear they've finished buying players and then they want someone else. Twats.

vall03

new season again, can't believe how time flies by. Lets see what Arsenal can do without RvP, hope the new signings will deliver.

Tegris

The season is finally starting! So that means I should stop lurking and start posting.

I embarrassed myself last year with my predictions, but I'm a masochist so here are this season's:

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Aston Villa
10. QPR
11. Sunderland
12. Swansea
13. Fulham
14. West Ham
15. Southampton
16. Stoke
17. Wigan
18. Norwich
19. West Brom
20. Reading

League Cup: Aston Villa
FA Cup: Spurs
Europa League: Dortmund
Champions League: Real Madrid

And my predictions for today:

Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland
Fulham 3-1 Norwich
QPR 1-0 Swansea
Reading 1-1 Stoke
West Brom 0-3 Liverpool
West Ham 1-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 0-2 Tottenham

And for good measure, my FPL team:

ccQYX.png

confuziz

Banned
The season is finally starting! So that means I should stop lurking and start posting.

I embarrassed myself last year with my predictions, but I'm a masochist so here are this season's:

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Aston Villa
10. QPR
11. Sunderland
12. Swansea