• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
For new page - IRC details! Will be getting busier in there as we ramp up to 3pm.

server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #football
Mibbit link if you don't have a dedicated IRC application.

wk1FF.png

bjaelke

Last minute predictions

1 United
2 City
3 Chelsea
4 Arsenal
5 Liverpool
6 Spurs
7 Newcastle
8 Everton
9 Aston Villa
10 Sunderland
11 Swansea*
12 Stoke
13 Fulham
14 West Ham
15 QPR
16 Reading
17 West Brom
18 Norwich
19 Southhampton
20 Wigan

*If they manage to sign Pablo Hernandez - otherwise #14

Arnie

I suppose this is the wrong time to reveal that I splurged my £5 free bet token on Sky on Liverpool to finish in the top four.

hehehehehehehehehehehe

Can't wait, might have a little nap, then a few beers, then it's time.

Arnie

In fairness, I knew it was a stupid bet, but because I didn't actually put any money on it I didn't feel guilty. And I won my betting token thanks to calling the Charity Shield (which wasn't difficult, Chelsea are guff under RDM), so it's stupidity laced with wisdom.

Arnie

I meant in general. It seems that nearly all the Liverpool fans on here feel they're going to bounce straight back into the Top4.

Well that's not true.

I have, but I'm an idiot, as we've just ratified. Nearly everyone else has gone for a prediction outside the top four, hell, Bjaelke's prediction is on this very page. It's all in your head.

pulga

Banned
lol at elsk bringing the controversy. I, too, hate Villa but it's not because he punched our boy Izaguirre or even Ozil.

I just cant stand his beard and hair.

VILLA.jpg

Just look at that douchebag!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
La Stampa bring up Jovetic's name again saying Juve's interest in him hasn't ended.

taVE2.gif

Tuttosport: Pirlo won't feature against Milan in the Trofeo Berlusconi since he suffered a mild knock during the Supercoppa

taVE2.gif

Gazzetta: Llorente-Dzeko stalemate. Watch out for surprises: Negredo (Sevilla) or Luiz Adriano (Shaktar).
iJa9Wq6067Qrk.gif

Tried to get in between a disagreement between my new dog and my old one. Got a bite on the arm for my troubles! So now I am on my way for a tetanus jab :/.

bjaelke

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Chelsea have made an approach for Modric, willing to offer 40m+. Levy delying deal with Madrid after agreeing fee. Modric wants 2 go 2 Real
Well that's not true.

I have, but I'm an idiot, as we've just ratified. Nearly everyone else has gone for a prediction outside the top four, hell, Bjaelke's prediction is on this very page. It's all in your head.

It's going to be very close between Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.
I actually had us at 4th when the news of RVP, Modric and Sahin broke

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
Chelsea have made an approach for Modric, willing to offer 40m+. Levy delying deal with Madrid after agreeing fee. Modric wants 2 go 2 Real

I'm not sure. He is good and all but after all the signings we have made in that area, I feel this may be a waste of £40m which could go on a striker!

Alduin

Hello Footy-GAF, I've been a lurker for almost a year now. I guess I should start posting now that the season is starting.

A Leeds United fan and we are going up!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm not sure. He is good and all but after all the signings we have made in that area, I feel this may be a waste of £40m which could go on a striker!

Levy will never sell to Chelsea, the player is desperate to got to Madrid. He's just trying to hike the price to Real.

Even if you did buy him, you have infinite money anyway so it wouldn't affect other targets.

Wes

venison crêpe
My Predictions

Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland
Fulham 0-0 Norwich
QPR 3-1 Swansea
Reading 1-1 Stoke
West Brom 0-3 Liverpool
West Ham 2-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 1-0 Tottenham

Mastadon

Banned
Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland
Fulham 1-0 Norwich
QPR 2-1 Swansea
Reading 1-2 Stoke
West Brom 0-2 Liverpool
West Ham 1-3 Aston Villa
Newcastle 1-1 Tottenham

Not long now, I'm proper bricking it. Don't think we'll beat Villa, but I'm hopeful that we'll stay up as there's at least 3 teams who look worse than us on paper. Come on you rip-roaring, goalscoring, hoof balling Irons! Big Fat Sam's Claret & Blue Army!

ESPN is showing the Arsenal match live here in the US which is awesome. For all the disappointment of the past 48 hours, I still can't wait to see the Gunners again.

bjaelke

Not long now, I'm proper bricking it. Don't think we'll beat Villa, but I'm hopeful that we'll stay up as there's at least 3 teams who look worse than us on paper. Come on you rip-roaring, goalscoring, hoof balling Irons! Big Fat Sam's Claret & Blue Army!

Who do you predict going down?

Wilbur

Banned
rvp looks so happy and relaxed now

http://i.imgur.com/Vrrrx.jpg[/IG]

he's already got a watch worth more than everything he won at arsenal[/QUOTE]

I love you

GUYS

IT'S HERE

AHHHHHHH

Also does anyone know why neogaf still doesn't work on the Chrome browser on my phone?

Usual disclaimer about knowing nothing about the EPL:

Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland
Fulham 0-0 Norwich
QPR 3-2 Swansea
Reading 1-0 Stoke
West Brom 1-2 Liverpool
West Ham 1-3 Aston Villa
Newcastle 2-2 Tottenham

Wilbur

Banned
For new page - IRC details! Will be getting busier in there as we ramp up to 3pm.

server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #football
Mibbit link if you don't have a dedicated IRC application.

What is this exactly?

Hello Footy-GAF, I've been a lurker for almost a year now. I guess I should start posting now that the season is starting.

A Leeds United fan and we are going up!

Your avatar hahaha

Welcome!

Arsenal 2-1 Sunderland
Fulham 1-0 Norwich
QPR 2-1 Swansea
Reading 0-0 Stoke
West Brom 1-1 Liverpool
West Ham 1-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 2-2 Tottenham

GorillaJu

Arsenal 1-3 Sunderland
Fulham 2-2 Norwich
QPR 3-1 Swansea
Reading 2-0 Stoke
West Brom 5-2 Liverpool
West Ham 6-6 Aston Villa
Newcastle 3-2 Tottenham

Hixx

ITS HERE

The new safc.com!
KuGsj.gif

Who gives a shit about the first day. We always get beat regardless of who we play. :(

Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland
Fulham 1-1 Norwich
QPR 2-0 Swansea
Reading 2-1 Stoke
West Brom 1-2 Liverpool
West Ham 2-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 1-1 Tottenham

Who do you predict going down?

Wigan, Norwich and Swansea or Southampton - Wigan have been on the cusp of relegation for ages now, I think this year they'll finally drop. Norwich I would like to see do well, but I think they'll suffer from second season syndrome, same goes for Swansea. Southampton haven't really strengthened all that much and are in danger imo, but if they can be successful in the Premiership with the same sort of free-scoring attacking play they often showed last season, they could surprise a lot of people.

FuturusX

rvp looks so happy and relaxed now

Vrrrx.jpg

he's already got a watch worth more than everything he won at arsenal

RVP is already in professional troll mode, he really doesn't need any amateur help...
I wonder what box of 'Just for Men' the boy inside urged him to pick up before heading for his glorious signing at Manchester UTD.

I really don't think Norwich and Swansea are going down, but that's just me. Laudrup will make Swansea concede more than last season, but also score more. Hughton will have Norwich scoring fewer, but conceding fewer too. A lot rests on Graham and Holt, and new boys Michu and Snodgrass backing them up.

Neither side are going down, but neither will repeat last year's performance.

West Ham, Wigan, West Brom for the drop. Long shot? Fulham.

Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland
Fulham 2-0 Norwich
QPR 2-2 Swansea
Reading 0-1 Stoke
West Brom 5-0 Liverpool
West Ham 1-1 Aston Villa
Newcastle 0-0 Tottenham

It is about time I stopped lurking snd started posting. Are we doing league predictions? Here is mine:

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. United
4. Arsenal
5 - 20 Who cares.

City to dominate it again hopefully. I think Chelsea will come good once the young players get some time together. RVP masks bigger problems for United and Arsenal because rhey'll be least worse of the rest.

Empty

yay football's back. of the 3pm's i'm not sure whether to watch arsenal for carzola, podolski, giroud etc or liverpool to see what rodgers is doing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom