• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Wasn't this his first game for Liverpool since his injury?

His first PL game, yeah. I'm not "blaming him," I'm just saying his performance wasn't up to his usual standard. I realize it'll take time for him to get back to his old self, and he did have a few good tackles, but overall he had a really poor touch and couldnt control the ball anywhere near as well as Allen did.

I dunno how the Agger pen gets classed as harsh.

Probably because the contact was slight, if noticeable at all.

The (awful) Canadian 'analysts' on my TV just mentioned that, since the start of last season, Dowd has given more penalties than any other referee. lols

Wessiej

I really see no place for Anita in this lineup....

Fuuuuuuuck, we lost the English commentator and now it's all Dutch again.

GorillaJu

I wouldn't be bothered by the Agger penalty if Olsson's foul on Borini, or one of the many horrible challenges from Mulumbu had been penalized properly.

Blackburn have equalised.

Good for you Jeff.

We were winning and then Kean decided one was plenty and sent them out to sit back second half

Anyway true to my word I will try and back liverpool in their games

A loss isn't always such a bad thing, if it was an easy win people may get carried away with Brendan, now it's clear it's not going to be easy and people have to work

Really pleased with Collins performance. He was great today, won everything coming to him in the air and with Reid helped to totally disarm Villa in the final third. Also, Tomkins looked really good in the holding midfielder role when he came on, although by that point Villa weren't putting up much of a fight. Diame looked class, can't believe we got him on a free. Maiga also looked pretty promising. Not a good game by any means, but I'm prepared for a lot of that this season. As long as we come away with the points, it's all good.

GorillaJu

RAWK is in full meltdown.

It's THE biggest Liverpool fan forum, there is massive hive mind and group think there and for every reasonable poster there's 100 17 year olds who have that disease that makes you feel compelled to always have your fingers typing bullshit.

I'd be disappointed if it wasn't in full meltdown after a game like that!

pappe

Why is VDV not starting? Injured or dropped in favour of Gylfi? Don't think he is the kind who will take sitting on the bench kindly.

Garjon

RAWK is in full meltdown.

Well shock horror. You could at least post embarrassing examples for our entertainment. I think that might be the only thing that could cheer me up right now, apart from Newcastle and Spurs both having 4 key players sent off for trivial offences.

Wenger on selling Song: 'We have Wilshere coming back now, we have Diaby back, we have Rosicky not far away and we might bring someone in'

Wenger is infuriating at times. "We might bring someone in"? We were shit last season and just lost one of our most senior midfielders who also happened to supply a large chunk of the assists, and your answer is 'Diaby is back'? Jesus Christ, why must the start to every season be this bitterly painful.

GorillaJu

I imagine Arsenal wouldn't be letting go of a midfielder if they didn't feel confident about bringing one in. Probably a sign that Sahin is heading to London and not Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom