• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Pretty much, though apparently our pass completion rate for the first half was 88%, more than any game last season. What do we win?

That does make me feel better, just to know that we didn't misplace as many as it looked like we did, because from my point of view, we looked every bit as bad today as we did last season.

Sleepy

Cazorla looked class though. I think Podolski and Giroud should start together really, it's a travesty that Gervinho is starting ahead of one of them when he can't finish for fucking shit.

Shocked when I saw that both were not included. Shit miss by Giroud, but at least he looked threatening. Shit game...and now Song is gone. Feels bad, man.

sohois

Pretty much, though apparently our pass completion rate for the first half was 88%, more than any game last season. What do we win?

The 'Meus Renaissance Moral Victory'.

Lucas has been a bit off the pace all through pre-season, still coming back and if Liverpool had a decent back-up he probably wouldn't have started I think.

Fry

Why the lol?

It's mandatory for them to have release clauses in Spain, so having some ridiculously high makes sense if they don't want to sell.

Dunno. Can't see where Song will fit in in that midfield. They have Busquets AND Mascherano.

Seems more like the case of Barca making their customary Arsenal trolling rather than a necessity signing.

bud

Hashim Albahbahani on Twitter: "Liverpool fans need not panic. Rodgers has proven once that he can avoid relegation, I'm sure he can do it again."

Dunno. Can't see where Song will fit in in that midfield. They have Busquets AND Mascherano.

Seems more like the case of Barca making their customary Arsenal trolling rather than a necessity signing.

Oh yeah I don't think he will be a starter either, at least not in the important matches.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Song was never going to be a starter, he will probably play more minutes than Keita but he isn't starter by any means.

I don't get why that's bad suddenly, it's exactly what we got him for.

Salvadora

Cazorla looked top class today, Absolutely a step above everyone else. Gervinho is absolutely shocking. Thank God Song is out the door so it doesn't dominate the headlines for the rest of the window, But I know what will make the papers tomorrow. Speculation on the lack of RVP at Arsenal. Giroud should never have missed that chance.

bud

as a defensive midfielder, song is better suited for barcelona's way of playing than mascherano, though.

i think he'll be a regular sub for busquets.

I'd like to see Mascherano and Pique continue at centreback.

Is it insane to suggest the Masacherano is a better centreback than Puyol these days?

Wilbur

Banned
as a defensive midfielder, song is better suited for barcelona's way of playing than mascherano, though.

i think he'll be a regular sub for busquets.

Mascherano will take over centre back from Puyol most of the time I think

I'd like to see Mascherano and Pique continue at centreback.

Is it insane to suggest the Masacherano is a better centreback than Puyol these days?

Nope. His timing is utterly magnificent. Great intelligence

Kyoufu

Fuck me GAF, I'm so nervous. This moment... it has been a while since we last played.

This is my first start to a season since Dalglish got the job. lol

GorillaJu

I'm hoping for a bit of a dud between Newcastle and Spurs. Maybe a 1-1 with goals from Defoe and Tiote :p I had a good start to FPL, would like to keep it that way!

Fry

I don't get why that's bad suddenly, it's exactly what we got him for.

Nah, it's bad for Arsenal. Song is a pretty good DM, with an awesome long range passing skill. He probably had 10+ assists last season, and most of them went to Van Persie (I think). If he gets regular playing time, he could form a nice 'partnership' with Villa or Messi.

I barely see Masch playing these days, but Puyol is probably already a level below him. Age and injuries are catching up.

Sleepy

I'm hoping for a bit of a dud between Newcastle and Spurs. Maybe a 1-1 with goals from Defoe and Tiote :p I had a good start to FPL, would like to keep it that way!

I'm waiting for AVB histrionics. I got a Wenger water bottle throw, so I'm looking for the double.

Meier

Argh, asked this guy to record Premier League Years 11/12 for me.. he told me to remind him in like 2 weeks so I did. He had set it to record but I guess his sub ran out on the 16th or something. Sonuva!

Ben Arfa playing eh? I knew he had a knock so I didn't play him, doh.

Sleepy

I can't remember the last time I saw Jack Wilshire play, yet the announcers were saying he is the second coming. Is he that good?

GQman2121

Banned
I don't understand making the strongest team in the world even stronger AND not taking them to the fucking bank. Barca have all that Qatar Foundation money and the player has years remaining on his contract. Fleece them!!!

Salvadora

I don't understand making the strongest team in the world even stronger AND not taking them to the fucking bank. Barca have all that Qatar Foundation money and the player has years remaining on his contract. Fleece them!!!

It happened with Cesc as well. Go get fucked Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom