• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

inMpMizryZJWP.gif

(Made by Melo8)

Mazzarri's nickname is Crybaby, so, yeah ... Go fuck yourself, Mazzarri. I've had just about enough of Napoli's laments.

Garjon

Wait, is Anita playing?

Newcastle look second best with the exception of Ben Arfa.

EDIT: And yet another long ball straight to Friedel.

Wenger is infuriating at times. "We might bring someone in"? We were shit last season and just lost one of our most senior midfielders who also happened to supply a large chunk of the assists, and your answer is 'Diaby is back'? Jesus Christ, why must the start to every season be this bitterly painful.

No need to get worked up. Since when do we believe Arsene's every word in regards to transfer dealings?

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck 4-4-2

expectations lowered

Pardew has to keep dembabababa happy innit. I don't think Anita will be starting too much unless one of the Africans gets injured, they should form a potent partnership really. If Ba can get more goals than he did at the tailend of last season, I can easily see the two getting 40 between them.

GorillaJu

No way is 15 million an acceptable price for Song all things considered.

I think as fans there isn't all to consider. There's a lot between him, the manager, the clubs that has been discussed that we'll never hear about and it'll be because of those factors that his price is only £15m. On the surface, it sounds bad business for Arsenal but he may have made his situation untenable.

Kyoufu

Pardew has to keep dembabababa happy innit. I don't think Anita will be starting too much unless one of the Africans gets injured, they should form a potent partnership really. If Ba can get more goals than he did at the tailend of last season, I can easily see the two getting 40 between them.

Fuck football. :(

elsk

Banned
3 years.

It's a fair value but I just thought they'd not want to sell him so easily and so ask for above his worth.

But nah :lol

In this market he's worth £20m to Arsenal at least.

Maybe they could've asked £20m in England, but 20M euros is a fair deal for him in Europe. Is not like he's a CM/DM combo like Sahin/Schweinsteiger.

Salvadora

I think as fans there isn't all to consider. There's a lot between him, the manager, the clubs that has been discussed that we'll never hear about and it'll be because of those factors that his price is only £15m. On the surface, it sounds bad business for Arsenal but he may have made his situation untenable.

If its true he refused to play he's a complete JT.

Meier

Yellow seemed a bit harsh on Sandro. This ref doesn't seem to be giving out any warnings.. going straight for the books.

jtb

Banned
Not even mad about Song leaving. Guy's a liability. I trust Arsene has been enough scarred by last season to not be dumb enough to rely on DIABY for a whole season. In a holding role. When did Diaby become a holding midfielder anyways?! Sahin + M'Vila. Come on Arsene... you know you have to.

Biggest worry is that it'll take a while for all these signings to bed in, which we already saw today in the bore draw. But they'll come good in time.

Salvadora

Not even mad about Song leaving. Guy's a liability. I trust Arsene has been enough scarred by last season to not be dumb enough to rely on DIABY for a whole season. In a holding role. When did Diaby become a holding midfielder anyways?! Sahin + M'Vila. Come on Arsene... you know you have to.

Biggest worry is that it'll take a while for all these signings to bed in, which we already saw today in the bore draw. But they'll come good in time.

Cazorla was fantastic from the get go.

jtb

Banned
Cazorla was fantastic from the get go.

Yup, I don't think our players were prepared to play with such a fantastic creator just yet. He was fantastic. Podolski and Giroud got into good positions, just gotta put them away next time around.

Salvadora

Villas Boas is way too good looking to be a football manager. Someone needs to break his nose a few times for fucks sake.

At least he isn't in his usual get up this time.

Yup, I don't think our players were prepared to play with such a fantastic creator just yet. He was fantastic. Podolski and Giroud got into good positions, just gotta put them away next time around.
Podolski kept dropping back too much but yeah, I just think they need more time.

I agree, Song isn't a great loss to you. He's a shit DM. A better creator than a defender. A poor price for him though.

If you get M'Vila in you're much better off.

Who's your main striker now N'Doye's gone?

The one who has taken his place is a 19 year old from our academy called Andreas Cornelius, he has been brilliant so far with 4 goals already and 2 assists in the season. Starting with a lot of reserves today though, Lille game this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom