• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Kilduff ‏@TuftyMUFC
Tomorrows Daily Star reporting that Rio has an injury & will miss the Everton game. Carrick to deputise at Centre Back. #mufc

iLiN7wobfL2av.gif

*licks lips*

I actually sense a hat-trick for Judas Mk II against Everton, but this news pleases me greatly

Salvadora

Honestly I don't think Sahin is enough. We are overloaded with midfielders and yet I can't say we have a great midfield. Something is missing from this side. The RB/LB situation needs resolving sooner or later also.

“I do not expect it.

“When a big club like that think of you, it’s nice. It’s really flattering. In addition to the Premier League is a championship where I want to evolve,”

“I had not planned to leave, I have two year contract. But Arsenal, it can not be refused if everyone is benefiting.”
Cheikh M’Bengue, left-back comments that Arsenal are talking to Toulouse.
http://justarsenal.com/french-defender-admits-arsenal-transfer-talks/15438

Lightning

Banned
Honestly I don't think Sahin is enough. We are overloaded with midfielders and yet I can't say we have a great midfield. Something is missing from this side. The RB/LB situation needs resolving sooner or later also.
He's not enough. I'm hoping that with Song now gone we will be back in for M'Vila who in my opinion is better than Song defensively anyway.

I honestly cannot see us buying a RB/LB. I am pretty sure what we have there is all we are getting. Just hope that when Sagna returns he remains fit and Gibbs has a breakthrough year, he needs one.

jtb

Banned

I think M'Vila/Diaby/Coq -- Wilshere/Sahin/Arteta -- Cazorla/Arshavin/Rosicky would be a great midfield in the league, second to City. And unlike the days of relying on Cesc, there'd be quality depth in every midfield position. Biggest worry would be if Cazorla gets injured, but we know Wenger sees Oxlade-Chamberlain as a central player, and surely Wilshere will begin move into a 10 role now that he has the 10 shirt?

Biggest issue for me is the full backs and DM. We were shit when we didn't have natural full backs playing last season, and Song obviously needs replacing. Sahin is cover for Wilshere, not a replacement for Song. Buy M'Vila Wenger.

The pieces are there. As long as we avoid a start as humiliating as last season's, the team will come together nicely and keep pace with the Manchester clubs, I think.

Meier

Gabriele Marcotti talking about DDR on his Twitter and what it would take to lure him to City.

#believe

Wow, he's suggesting City are offering £240k per week since he's apparently already at £186k per week (or rather, it looks like that paper Corriere dello Sport is). I wonder how some of the other players would take that?

FuturusX

Wow, he's suggesting City are offering 240k per week since he's apparently already at 186k per week. I wonder how some of the other players would take that?

Something something...financial fair play...

Sahin to Arsenal is rock solid. It's going to happen for sure...

Wow, he's suggesting City are offering £240k per week since he's apparently already at £186k per week (or rather, it looks like that paper Corriere dello Sport is). I wonder how some of the other players would take that?

It's cool, you nurture youth rather than spend big now remember?

Anyways you'd just give all your other players a raise, no biggy.

jtb

Banned

That's ridiculous amounts of money being thrown around. And tbh, if DDR really is on 186k, that'd be a bit poor of him to leave his boyhood club for what amounts to a pretty incremental pay rise. Roma aren't exactly a small club (even if they did miss out on CL last season)... Doubt it'll happen unless Roma really need the money.

Plus, where does Rodwell fit in all of this? Can't see him getting any games outside of the League Cup and the Europa League, given they'd play in the same positions.

Meier

@Fry -- Killers just tweeted 9 minutes to start time.. so I assume they'll be on tomorrow on the stream around 9:20 GMT.

Meier

Plus, where does Rodwell fit in all of this? Can't see him getting any games outside of the League Cup and the Europa League, given they'd play in the same positions.

I think if we buy DDR, De Jong will get sold. Barry is injured so Rodwell will slot in for him for the time being as the sub late in a match to allow Yaya to move into an attacking role if need be. He's also 31 years old and not a world beater, so I can't see Barry lasting too much longer at the club personally. Yaya will be out for 6-8 weeks in January/February due to the ACON so Rodwell will get additional opportunities then. I also think DDR could play in the back 3 alongside Kompany and Lescott in a 3-5-2 formation which would then have Rodwell also either being a direct sub or additional coverage based on Barry's situation.

Soi-Fong

iLiN7wobfL2av.gif

*licks lips*

I actually sense a hat-trick for Judas Mk II against Everton, but this news pleases me greatly

Damn our luck with defenders. Smalling and Evans are out as well as Jones... Sweet mother. Carrick at CB...

We'll need van Persie and Rooney to score a crazy amount with the holes we'll be having in defense if this is true.

Anyway, can't wait to see Kagawa getting those through balls to Rooney and van Persie and maybe even getting in the score sheet himself!!

K1LLER7

To everyone celebrating Eid tomorrow, hope you have a good day :)

Can't wait for Monday,RVP in a United shirt and Kagawa's PL debut. Hopefully people/pundits will realise he wasn't brought in to just sell shirts.

elsk

Banned
Damn our luck with defenders. Smalling and Evans are out as well as Jones... Sweet mother. Carrick at CB...

We'll need van Persie and Rooney to score a crazy amount with the holes we'll be having in defense if this is true.

Anyway, can't wait to see Kagawa getting those through balls to Rooney and van Persie and maybe even getting in the score sheet himself!!

All is set for Kagawa to play as CM then.

scently

Lindegaard has that position :p

My managerial talent is on Par with Jose Mouriniho's. Evra at CB will be a masterstroke seen as Vidic would make sure he doesn't piss about in that position.

I actually think that this might be what we will go with on Monday, although SAF insistence on putting Carrick in there does show that on some level he knows that Evra is losing it. At the very least its an option that we can use.

Bumhead

Banned
Can't wait for Match of the Day and the Football League show either.

Chris O'Grady scored a great goal for us if anyones stopping up to watch both programs.

When you see how good Nuri Sahin actually is...trust me, Real Madrid are crazy. You're partly right though. Nuri Sahin will be great for games like today where we need that extra bit of class in midfield (didn't think Ramsey or Diaby complemented the brilliance of Cazorla or Arteta at all tbh), but of course we'll need abit of steel and natural defensive protection in some games (and in the CL).

I'm still hopeful we have a DM lined up alongside the potential Nuri Sahin signing. That's what's been claimed by the likes of Jamie Sanderson anyway, pretty much the OG Arsenal ITK (since his YoungGunsBlog days).

sneaky77

When you see how good Nuri Sahin actually is...trust me, Real Madrid are crazy. You're partly right though. Nuri Sahin will be great for games like today where we need that extra bit of class in midfield (didn't think Ramsey or Diaby complemented the brilliance of Cazorla or Arteta at all tbh), but of course we'll need abit of steel and natural defensive protection in some games (and in the CL).

I'm still hopeful we have a DM lined up alongside the potential Nuri Sahin signing. That's what's been claimed by the likes of Jamie Sanderson anyway, pretty much the OG Arsenal ITK (since his YoungGunsBlog days).

I don't know that Arsenal's issues were on midfield today.. and if Giroud had score that chance it wouldn't be so blown out of proportion. They need to maybe pass the ball with more speed and verticality but when a team defends like that is hard.. just ask Barcelona.

Rooney on RvP: “We’ll have to work over the next few weeks and try to develop an understanding. Hopefully it will come quite quickly and we can form a good partnership. The two of us were fighting for that Golden Boot last season and now the two of us are hopefully playing together”

This gets me hard.

K1LLER7

I'd say they'll still be fighting for it, but they can both assist eaxh other now as well as also get assists from Kagawa.

Aguero, on the other hand will be interesting to see.

Should be exciting.
I'll be happy if they could get 20+ each in the league. Think the last 2 to do it were Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole.

I will kill someone if Shinji is converted into a cm.

Fantasy: Fucking bullshit. I thought I switched Coloccini with Simpson.

Edit: :lol Goal for Mallorca. Ray Hudson jizzing already.

Edit2: A goal for Espanyol. 1-1 in the first 6 minutes.

Clegg

I will kill someone if Shinji is converted into a cm.

Fantasy: Fucking bullshit. I thought I switched Coloccini with Simpson.

Edit: :lol Goal for Mallorca. Ray Hudson jizzing already.

Tim the Wiz has convinced me that Kagawa will play in his proper position, behind the striker.

And SAF gave a interview a few days ago and said that he considered Kagawa to be a forward.

Tim the Wiz has convinced me that Kagawa will play in his proper position, behind the striker.

And SAF gave a interview a few days ago and said that he considered Kagawa to be a forward.

I think Kagawa and Roon will start, with RVP coming on for Kagawa in the 2nd half due to his international commitments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom