• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

What's your gut feeling on where Sahin will end up?

Seems he really wants to go to Arsenal, and because Song's now gone, I feel Arsenal will do whatever it takes for Madrid to let him. Can't see today's performance particularly enthusing him about the prospect of playing for Liverpool, either.

Would be massively shocked if he didn't end up at Arsenal.

FuturusX

Imagine Suarez with a real striker to play alongside?

He caused a lot issues today with his movement and trickery. In tight games we'll need that.

But if we have no intention of selling Carrol then we have to find a way to fit him in (shudder).

Here's the thing. Brendon has his style, a way he wants Liverpool to play. I'm okay with that. But, it's clear that he doesn't have the money that Kenny was afforded, so he may have to think about options that will get results.

I'm not suggesting a complete abandonment of his style of philosophy...but a good manager has to adapt what he has to a winning style...and then slowly build the team you want.

Nobody is afforded the time they need. We can't sleep on the street whilst the new house is built..can we?

At the end of the day we have to win some games.

Clegg

So Fergie was at the Fulham game, wouldn't mind buying Dembele, he made the most tackles in midfield last season. Looks a decent player, good on the ball.

Uniteds second game of the season is against Fulham. SAF was probably there to scout the opposition.

jtb

Banned
I think Suarez could be deadly in Gerrard's position (a number 10 type, if you will), if someone told him to stop shooting and instead he fed balls through the opposition. Or on the wing. Because he's not a lone striker and probably never will be.

rodvik

So, curious. What the fuck does Rodgers think he has achieved with the whole Carroll debacle this summer?

One of the worst pieces of man management I have seen in a while.

choodi

Banned
So happy to wake up this morning and see Newcastle start the season with a good win against one of our rivals for the top 4.

Hopefully a sign of things to come

Wes

venison crêpe
You need NZogbia. Twenty million and he is yours mate. Kept Wigan in the league dont you know?

This is sound transfer advice. N'Zogbia is not useles or a waste of a slot on the team at the moment.

(In all seriousness, what ever is up with him I hope he gets over it under Lambert. We could do with the dynamism he showed at Wigan.)

Seems he really wants to go to Arsenal, and because Song's now gone, I feel Arsenal will do whatever it takes for Madrid to let him. Can't see today's performance particularly enthusing him about the prospect of playing for Liverpool, either.

He can play in the champions league if he goes to Arsenal, but Madrid only want to loan him - that should play to our advantage if we really want him. And we *should* really want him, he looks class... I hope it's not over yet and that Liverpool really make a strong bid, and make Arsenal spend every penny possible if he goes there instead.

So, curious. What the fuck does Rodgers think he has achieved with the whole Carroll debacle this summer?

One of the worst pieces of man management I have seen in a while.

I agree. I think Rodgers must have come on board knowing already that he didn't want him... which is harsh. This fannying about now, as though we're maybe going to give him a chance - when actually we're not - is just arl' arse. He only got a game today when we were 3-0 down and after we'd sent Joe Cole on to be injured after 5 minutes.

Arnie

I think Suarez could be deadly in Gerrard's position (a number 10 type, if you will), if someone told him to stop shooting and instead he fed balls through the opposition. Or on the wing. Because he's not a lone striker and probably never will be.
I agree.

Grabbing a stubby beer and finishing writing up my thoughts on todays game. It's properly difficult trying to tactfully analyse it when all I want to do is curl up into a ball and cry myself through to next Sunday.

He can play in the champions league if he goes to Arsenal, but Madrid only want to loan him - that should play to our advantage if we really want him. And we *should* really want him, he looks class... I hope it's not over yet and that Liverpool really make a strong bid, and make Arsenal spend every penny possible if he goes there instead.

I'm sure we'll give it a good go, but ultimately it might just be out of our hands.

If there's one minor positive that's come out of today, it's that the club might be more willing to bankroll those last couple of signings than they would be if we won, say, 3 nil ourselves.

rodvik

This is sound transfer advice. N'Zogbia is not useles or a waste of a slot on the team at the moment.

(In all seriousness, what ever is up with him I hope he gets over it under Lambert. We could do with the dynamism he showed at Wigan.)

Honestly I am close to giving up. Today he was given free license to roam where he wanted and still bugger all.

As has been said by others, he is frustrating and frustrated. I dont know how he will come good for us I really dont.

Lunchbox

Banned
when all I want to do is curl up into a ball and cry myself through to next Sunday.

0dewE.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
We had no width today and no penetration up alongside Bent. Delph played well and KEA was great, but that two deep midfielder platform did nothing for us creating chances.

Ideally we sign a new solely defensive midfielder so one of these (most likely KEA) can step forward and join the attack.

K1LLER7

@FootballAgent49
Manchester United asked Madrid on Friday about taking Kaka on loan. Club officials are confident a deal can be done but its early stages.
Manchester United had also asked about Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye but their approach was rebuffed.
Interesting, seems to be quite reliable too. Don't know what to make of it. Would think Madrid would let him go but don't think we actually need him.

Lightning

Banned

I hope so.

I'm so disappointed in Song though. Could have at least departed with some class and dignity after all the club and Wenger have done for him.

rodvik

We had no width today and no penetration up alongside Bent. Delph played well and KEA was great, but that two deep midfielder platform did nothing for us creating chances.

Ideally we sign a new solely defensive midfielder so one of these (most likely KEA) can step forward and join the attack.

Sounds right. Add in a LB plus maybe a decent forward and we could be clicking.

kharma45

There is more chance of Mourinho lining up as a CB for us on Monday night than those wanker pricks of Twatter agent wannabes being right.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So happy birthday to Matri! He's 28 now..

..and we overpaid for him when he was 27, so why can't we overpay for someone like Llorente?

Zabojnik

It wasn't bad, I liked the second one much more. Was it just me or the movie was a lot cornier than the other two?

Anne Hathaway, my god.

Also, why is Batman using with that voice of his when he's talking to Alfred / Lucius? They know who he is. Also, why is he using it when he's been reduced to a bloody pulp? Save your strenght for, you know, breathing and staying alive, who gives a shit about the voice.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Also, why is Batman using with that voice of his when he's talking to Alfred / Lucius? They know who he is. Also, why is he using it when he's been reduced to a bloody pulp? Save your strenght for, you know, breathing and staying alive, who gives a shit about the voice.

I said the EXACT same thing to my friend :/

And a few other silly things. :p I normally don't care, but they pile up!

Spoiler >
Millions of lives at stake and he's fist fighting Bane in the middle of the city, what the FUCK man, pull out a shotgun and blow his face off[/spoiler

And yes Arnie you do look like Tom Hardy :p It made him slightly more lovable.

I'm in the top 2% of fantasy EPL after one day, despite not following this league in any serious way for more than a decade. Turns out one week's research and a hefty dose of luck (i.e. Michu) is all you need.

Spoiler >
Millions of lives at stake and he's fist fighting Bane in the middle of the city, what the FUCK man, pull out a shotgun and blow his face off
Batman doesn't use guns, those are the tools of his enemies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm in the top 2% of fantasy EPL after one day, despite not following this league in any serious way for more than a decade. Turns out one week's research and a hefty dose of luck (i.e. Michu) is all you need.

Batman doesn't use guns, those are the tools of his enemies.

I know but you'd think that was the time to break your code. :p

What about >
The bomb is about to explode in 2 minutes, and he's waiting for Tala to finish telling him her masterplan. And there was also a minute to spare to throw a cheesy line before he takes the bomb away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom