• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Barca related:

i2D9Ok6JJ5t2Y.gif

tumblr_m4g16ntGu91qbuypqo4_250.gif

She is going to ruin Piqué with that ass of hers

Slizz

You can just tell she wears the pants in the relationship, this tiny little Colombian with a magic ass, dominates Barca and Spain's starting CB.

Mumei

Tottenham vs. Newcastle was my favorite match of opening day, however I missed both 5 goal games. Even still those 5 goal games were one-sided, I gotta believe the Newcastle game was better.

I don't think I saw that as an option to record, and even now when I am looking at the upcoming schedule (including reruns), I am not seeing it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What's the point of having the three gold medalists if Báez is gonna turn everything he touches into shit?

Chatón subbed out for I have no goddamn reason.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
How is Chips doing?
What's it now, thirteen official games without a victory? Counting Libertadores.

If this keeps on we are gonna have relegation problems come next season.

EDIT: GOD FUCKING DAMMIT FABIAN
EDIT: And they keep trying that same fucking corner kick they did at the Olympics and it keeps on fucking failing because Báez is a pile of poo.

Mumei

Wait until you see an exciting game, it will be glorious.

Haha. It was more tense than exciting but I liked it. I oftentimes had no idea which player had the ball unless the commentators explicitly talked about him, so there was sort of this weird homogenization in my head where I was more focused on the teams than the individuals.

Champions League. Just wait until it starts.

I just looked it up (UEFA, right?) and turns out that they are re-airing the final between Chelsea and Bayern Munich on Sunday.

elsk

Banned
I just looked it up (UEFA, right?) and turns out that they are re-airing the final between Chelsea and Bayern Munich on Sunday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NO!
Wait for this season matches, they're starting on Tuesday. Borussia Mönchengladbach vs. Dynamo Kiev is going to be AMAZING.

Chris R

Decent game between Arsenal and Sunderland. Just sucks that I can't get FSC by itself on DirecTV. I'm not paying $15 a month for a package when all I'd watch in that package if FSC :(

At least it looks like ESPN is upping their coverage this year. 3 or 4 games a week is better than just one.

Messi

Haha. It was more tense than exciting but I liked it. I oftentimes had no idea which player had the ball unless the commentators explicitly talked about him, so there was sort of this weird homogenization in my head where I was more focused on the teams than the individuals.

I would not even bother with that. Infuriating match to watch as a neutral. Now the semis between barca and Chelsea were great for a neutral :/

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's a good thing I never get to watch these matches live. I suffer watching Chivas play.

First victory of the season! If they play like this against Monterrey we are gonna get demolished. :(

flyover

Decent game between Arsenal and Sunderland. Just sucks that I can't get FSC by itself on DirecTV. I'm not paying $15 a month for a package when all I'd watch in that package if FSC :(

At least it looks like ESPN is upping their coverage this year. 3 or 4 games a week is better than just one.

I paid for the FSC package, and the selection of matches is well worth it (usually four per weekend). But here in the Chicago area, Comcast refuses to offer the HD feed, and the SD feed is horrendous. It only fills a fraction of the screen (unless you zoom), and yet it's still compressed to hell and impossible to tell one player from another.

Switching over to ESPN and then back to Fox is so sad.

Still, it's worth it. I'd miss it too much if I quit. Sports are the only reason I even still have cable.

rodvik

Perfectly normal. Over time you get your eye in and start to see more and pick out different players. I honestly think it took me a full season before I could pick out which formation was being played, maybe longer come to think of it.

Omikron

Good to be back. Taylor has very long arms.

West-Ham-United-v-Aston-V-006.jpg

It is George McCartney's arm.

Seriously good performance though from West Ham. I am not sure how I will cope after that.

Mumei

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NO!
Wait for this season matches, they're starting on Tuesday. Borussia Mönchengladbach vs. Dynamo Kiev is going to be AMAZING.

Well sounds like I'm not going to be watching that game.

Looking forward to the start of the season, then. What are the premier teams in that league?

Perfectly normal. Over time you get your eye in and start to see more and pick out different players. I honestly think it took me a full season before I could pick out which formation was being played, maybe longer come to think of it.

Yeah, I was pretty much lost on a lot of that stuff. I'm going to watch at least the first half of Liverpool at WBA before going to bed.

rodvik

Good to be back. Taylor has very long arms.

West-Ham-United-v-Aston-V-006.jpg

It is George McCartney's arm.

Seriously good performance though from West Ham. I am not sure how I will cope after that.

I hate you.

Seriously, good game. Grats on the win. I thought we played well enough outside the final third. That lack of a final pass done us in.

Collins will do well for you lot. Good luck.

Omikron

I hate you.

Seriously, good game. Grats on the win. I thought we played well enough outside the final third. That lack of a final pass done us in.

Collins will do well for you lot. Good luck.

First 20-25 West Ham barely had a look in tbh, you can at least pass the ball now, but you had no idea what to do with it! After that I thought we were quite dominant.

elsk

Banned
Well sounds like I'm not going to be watching that game.

Looking forward to the start of the season, then. What are the premier teams in that league?

You can call them Gladbach :p

Champions League is about the best teams from all the european countries. So you have the top3 or 4 teams of England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France and teams from other european countries like Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, etc. There are really no favorites, except Barcelona (the current best team in the world).

I recommend you to watch the Gladbach match, I think is going to be very good. Is their first time in Champions League since like what? 30 years?

Soi-Fong

Here's one more pic of Sleeping dogs! Only really looks like that (mannequin) during rain scenes Lol I'm getting antsy waiting for Monday!

9bc62b3752d314031903a32fe7b09df5f99a0433.jpg

Mumei

Champions League is about the best teams from all the european countries. So you have the top3 or 4 teams of England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France and teams from other european countries like Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, etc. There are really no favorites, except Barcelona (the current best team in the world).

I recommend you to watch the Gladbach match, I think is going to be very good. Is their first time in Champions League since like what? 30 years?

They're already my favorite. I shall mute the commentary and listen to Barcelona on full blast the whole time and it will be glorious.

MPW

but we have mourinho

397584_o.gif

MPW

Give us Sahin on loan damn you! And be so kind to include a buy clause since you don't need him anyway and he is too classy to warm your bench or be played at LB!!!

stop selling ur players to barca!

buy clause? nah, not after arsenal sold song to barca

Soi-Fong

That would be United in buying RVP to solve a problem that they don't have.

Really out of all clubs that wanted him (City, United and Juventus) only Juventus really needed him as they need a good striker. Both City and United are packed with good strikers, especially City. But when you have a striker of RVP's quality and he actually wants to come to your club, it's kinda hard to refuse.

Having van Persie here will certainly not hurt the club and will help take the burden off Rooney.

Soi-Fong

oh snap!

i cant' see hernandez getting much time with rvp and rooney there

Chicha will be more of a super-sub than anything. Really, as it is, based of Chicharito's pre-season form he surely can't start most games at all this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom