• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Tosic was crap at United. Has done fuck all since leaving too. He was only ever a make weight in the Ljajic deal but when that fell through we were stuck with the poor relation of the pair.

And the Daily Mail are reporting that Welbeck will be on £75k a week.

Clegg

Banned Paper are reporting that SAF and Wenger met to have talks over RVP situation.

They claimed their story is an "exclusive", but the Mirror basically have the same story on their site.

Kyoufu

BTW guys. My waifu is far superior to your waifus.

She's in the movie called Another Earth. Great film.

Brit Marling!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto
With a nap,the day is not enought long...i make a dream!As we signe a BIG STRIKER. Very good! who score many goal!!!but it was. A dream LOL

It's my dream too. Make it happen, Levy.

snoopen

ARSENAL were last night set to cave in and strike a deal with Manchester United for Robin van Persie.
They are ready to start serious talks with United boss Alex Ferguson hoping to seal a £22million move before the weekend’s Premier League opener.
United and Italian giants Juventus have yet to improve offers of £15m.
But Van Persie, 29, was jeered by his own fans in Sunday’s win over Cologne in Germany and is now desperate for a move to be completed.
United see that as the opening to force through a deal.
Arsenal were demanding £25m for the Dutch striker, who has just one year left on his contract.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...2m-deal-as-Arsenal-give-in.html#ixzz23TKrw1jJ
]

Oh wells, as long as we reinvest the money. Trying to work out whether I think a RvP lead Man Utd will challenge City for the title..

Zabojnik

Speaking of transfer dreams, mine is:

- Matri to Milan, Llorente to Juve
- Quagliarella (+ Pazienza) to Fiorentina, Jovetic to Juve
- we buy Pazzini for 7-8M€ from Inter

Llorente, Jovetic, Vucinic, Giovinco, Pazzini. Fucking done. I'd even buy Pazzini's jersey, if Marotta were to pull something like this.

Salazar

Trying to work out whether I think a RvP lead Man Utd will challenge City for the title..

RVP-led ?

Maybe in a formation sense. But let's not inflate him too much.

Compare

EJBUf.jpg

K1LLER7

United starting strikers: Rooney and RVP (potentially)

City starting strikers: Aguero and Tevez

Which would you guys take?

Soi-Fong

United starting strikers: Rooney and RVP (potentially)

City starting strikers: Aguero and Tevez

Which would you guys take?

Aguero is admittedly awesome, but Tevez... No.. Just no..

If he was able to get away with what he did last term for City, then he sure as hell will do it again. That's how brainless he is.

Aguero and Rooney, but it's hard to argue with RVP's record last season.

Salvadora

Admittedly.

But there is a substantive difference between being a gooner messiah and being, ostensibly, MUFC's striking weapon.

I admit we may have a weaker squad but with the service he would receive you would be very pleased at the outcome, Disregarding injuries & age.

kharma45

I admit we may have a weaker squad but with the service he would receive you would be very pleased at the outcome, Disregarding injuries & age.

Injuries I think RVP gets an unfair rap for, he has played a lot of games over the last few seasons for the most part.

The age is the only thing I worry about, might only get 3-4 seasons out of him.

I agree though if we got him he'd no doubt be a success with Valencia and Kagawa giving him good service.

K1LLER7

That's actually really tough, probably Aguero and Tevez :
It is but I'd take United's, recently both have scored more goals, can play in various positions. With RVP you could say he lacks in work rate compared to the others. With Tevez, you don't know when he'll act like a JT.

Soi-Fong

Kagawa providing for both Rooney and RVP! I can just imagine the amounts of assists and even goals that Kagawa will earn!

If all 3 gel right, then damn, that will be such an amazing offensive triad right there.

Clegg

Signing RVP would be great but it would probably mean Kagawa either doesn't play as often or plays as a CM instead of an AM.

Not sure how happy I'd be with that.

I'd rather we spent that kind of more on a top class CM and then play Kagawa in his proper position.

Wilbur

Banned
Signing RVP would be great but it would probably mean Kagawa either doesn't play as often or plays as a CM instead of an AM.

Yep. I think if we alternate between 4-3-1-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-1-1 with Rooney, RVP and Kagawa all able to play behind a striker, we'd be alright

Salazar

I have a bit of muppet excitement. Link-ups around the box should be tight, with Shinji, Welberg, an apparently fit and in-form Super Tom. An outright lethal finisher is not the worst signing we could make, even if quality at LB and CM is what we want.

Soi-Fong

I'd rather we spent that kind of more on a top class CM and then play Kagawa in his proper position.

Hmm.. Is it possible to have a formation of RVP spearheading an attack with Rooney and Kagawa as CAM?

Clegg

Hmm.. Is it possible to have a formation of RVP spearheading an attack with Rooney and Kagawa as CAM?

That would mean we'd have to drop our wingers as we'd need CMs to hold the space that our attackers would leave.

Nani and Valencia are much too good to be bench players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom