• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, I thought I was the one negative :lol

You're putting Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea on a pedestal. There is no reason why we can't compete for top 4 with a successful transfer window.

And what's wrong with aiming for top 4? The higher you aim the higher you finish.

Pardew said the fans want to see the club going for it and that's exactly what we'll do.

WE NEED SIGNINGS.

You've been really negative :p

And no there isn't, but we haven't had one and Arsenal and Chelsea have. It obviously could go either way for Spurs and Chelsea with their manager situations so it's certainly not a dead cert they'll finish top 4.

I just see us struggling with the added work-load from the Europa games. I don't think we'll have a bad season by any means but I do think it's going to be very difficult to hit top 5 again, harder than it was last season anyway.

Pardew is right though, we do want to see us go for it but to be honest this transfer window has hardly been a statement of intent to do it. There's still half a month to go so we could still turn it around, and I really hope we do. If we can hit a couple of good signings then yeah, top 4 isn't as ridiculous as it might sound!

Salazar

Hope something similar happens again.

Xm4Bk.gif

Salazar

I do think both games were distorted a little, especially ours. Neither team deserved to lose by the margin they did.

I thought the Community Shield was going to turn that ugly for Chelsea. Just a vacuum down their left side and City banging in crosses over confused and demoralised CBs.

Salvadora

I do think both games were distorted a little, especially ours. Neither team deserved to lose by the margin they did.

I'd agree with this, Especially the goals you conceded. Still baffled by the faith in Jenkinson, He hasn't even shown he belongs in football.

Kyoufu

You've been really negative :p

And no there isn't, but we haven't had one and Arsenal and Chelsea have. It obviously could go either way for Spurs and Chelsea with their manager situations so it's certainly not a dead cert they'll finish top 4.

I just see us struggling with the added work-load from the Europa games. I don't think we'll have a bad season by any means but I do think it's going to be very difficult to hit top 5 again, harder than it was last season anyway.

Pardew is right though, we do want to see us go for it but to be honest this transfer window has hardly been a statement of intent to do it. There's still half a month to go so we could still turn it around, and I really hope we do. If we can hit a couple of good signings then yeah, top 4 isn't as ridiculous as it might sound!

Also allow me to point out:

Anita was a LB when Ajax finished 5th. Then he changed to CDM and they finished 1st.

We're winning the league.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought the Community Shield was going to turn that ugly for Chelsea. Just a vacuum down their left side and City banging in crosses over confused and demoralised CBs.

I got that feeling as well. 3-1 was probably the fairest score on the balance of play but at one point I saw at least five going in. Luiz was playing like someone had replaced his legs with curly wurlies

I'd agree with this, Especially the goals you conceded. Still baffled by the faith in Jenkinson, He hasn't even shown he belongs in football.

3-1 until the last fucking minute haha. Utterly inexperienced defence but cockrings like Evra had no excuse that day.

That Silva pass to Dzeko was fucking divine, however

Wilbur

Banned
The banter must've been intense where you are.

;)

It actually was hahaha despite my southern location

Chelsea and Liverpool fans giving me the big one. At least the latter have been relatively quiet up until B-Riddle joined, but the end of last season was fucking exhaustingly disappointing. Being told that Fernando Torres scores when he wants and Roberto Di Matteo is better than Mourinho ever has been was too much to handle for one night.

Salvadora

Yeah, Tevez should look into pregnancy tests after that contretemps near the sideline.

I'd be worried about him over the course of a season if I was a Chelsea fan.
Edit: City win was fucking amazing because everyone I used to work with was a United fan who took great pleasure in Arsenal's disappointments.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd be worried about him over the course of a season if I was a Chelsea fan.
Edit: City win was fucking amazing because everyone I used to work with was a United fan who took great pleasure in Arsenal's disappointments.

It must have been great for you lot coming after the 8-2.

Just try to ignore the thrashings we'll receive this month from Spurs and Chelsea. lol

Now who's being negative?

Chelsea didn't look too tasty against City, a tricky game against Wigan away first for them. They slip up there and the pressure is straight on Di Matteo, a couple of Cisse wonders against and 3 points are ours :D

As for Spurs, Injuries, Modric woes, new manager. Could go either way, probably a draw!

FootballFan

Kagawa:
Iniesta came over to me and asked to exchange our jerseys. He is a player I have been admiring and looking up to. When exchanging shirts, I acted like a fan and couldn’t express how happy I was. That moment, I swore to be a player like Iniesta.

Umm wtf? I thought Clev is the next Iniesta.

Arnie

It actually was hahaha despite my southern location

Chelsea and Liverpool fans giving me the big one. At least the latter have been relatively quiet up until B-Riddle joined, but the end of last season was fucking exhaustingly disappointing. Being told that Fernando Torres scores when he wants and Roberto Di Matteo is better than Mourinho ever has been was too much to handle for one night.

In fairness I was screaming like Gary Neville at that game, as were my whole family. There weren't enough cuts to Fergie's face though, for my liking. I love a good rumpety Fergie facial. Him chewing his gum vociferously.

You're thinking of Joe Allen.

Salvadora

It must have been great for you lot coming after the 8-2.

I was working retail & my manager who was a huge United fan was receiving text updates regarding that match. It was a truly dark Sunday, Although they wouldn't take the banter when they lost to City! I had to take all the shit. Glad I've missed out on all the RVP transfer rumours, Don't think I could have coped.

pappe

Chelsea didn't look too tasty against City, a tricky game against Wigan away first for them. They slip up there and the pressure is straight on Di Matteo, a couple of Cisse wonders against and 3 points are ours :D

As for Spurs, Injuries, Modric woes, new manager. Could go either way, probably a draw!
Playing Wigan in the first 2/3's of the season is one the easiest games ever. I expect a 6-0 Wigan thrashing.

Kyoufu

Aye man wasn't serious :p

Tough schedule but we can do it!

HOWAY THE FRENCH LADS!

Wilbur

Banned
Kagawa:

Kagawa is the next Cleverley

In fairness I was screaming like Gary Neville at that game, as were my whole family. There weren't enough cuts to Fergie's face though, for my liking. I love a good rumpety Fergie facial. Him chewing his gum vociferously.

To be honest I think it helped us in the long run; our resiliency over Christmas was due to
an utter lack of complacency in defence, which is why we played tits in attack. We went into the City game with 50 goals in 3 games under our belts and paid the price for underestimating them, same as we did against Everton and Wigan. We'll learn.

Salvadora

Kagawa looked absolutely fantastic when I saw him I'm so very jealous. He also wasn't acting like a JT before or after the match which makes me angrier. I don't want to like any fucking United players.

Arnie

To be honest I think it helped us in the long run; our resiliency over Christmas was due to
an utter lack of complacency in defence, which is why we played tits in attack. We went into the City game with 50 goals in 3 games under our belts and paid the price for underestimating them, same as we did against Everton and Wigan. We'll learn.

Just imagine if you get RVP, not even an Evra/Evans combination could stop you.

Yeah, I tweeted the other day that Kagawa is officially the first and only Man U player I still like after becoming a Man U player!

I liked Hernandez for a bit, and then I saw him praying on his knees, and then he scored at Anfield.

Dickhead.

Rooney can play left wing like he did a couple of times in the CL during Ronaldo's time.

Would like a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney on the Left, RVP up front, Nani/Valencia right. Kagawa in the middle, all 4 could roam around the pitch.

Yup. Especially when Rooney, RVP, Nani and Kagawa are played together in attack, the potential for constant interchanging and combinations is lethal.

Shinji is the sort of link player Rooney cannot fully emulate. It's pretty obvious he'll play in the hole most of this season. Fergie will want to give Anderson and Cleverley as many games as possible next to Carrick. I think people saying Kagawa will consistently drop back into midfield are being weirdly pessimistic.

If RVP is even coming of course.

Messi

Well we do have really Rooney who is world class. De Gea will show in the next few years that he is world class. Evra was world class. Vidic is the best defender in england (although he wasnt last season due to injury.)

We have sold too many good players and let them go. Henize, Stam, Veron, Van Nis, Podga, Tozic.

Can't be the best defender in the league when you are not playing. Kompany became the best defender in the league last season, now Vidic must try take it back.

Also what the fuck did Pogba do other than have 'Potential' and be a massive prick.

Other than that, I agree.

I also still think Kagawa is the best signing of the summer.

I liked Hernandez for a bit, and then I saw him praying on his knees, and then he scored at Anfield.

Dickhead.

Never liked him for some reason, I think it might be that he looks so happy all the time. No-one should be that happy, makes me suspicious.

Or it could be that his nickname means "little-pea". I mean, who the fuck calls themselves "little-pea".

Fuck 'em

Can't believe you guys didn't like Park or don't like Valencia.

I have no problem liking players from rival teams tbh. I love Aguero. David Luiz is a hero. Lucas Leiva is class.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't believe you guys didn't like Park or don't like Valencia.

I have no problem liking players from rival teams tbh. I love Aguero. David Luiz is a hero. Lucas Leiva is class.

Agree with all five choices. I love Kompany and Zabaleta as well, Ramires and Mata, and... err... no, Lucas is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom