• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Supposedly Eurosport.fr are reporting a minimum of 6 months due to ruptured ligaments. I guess we will make a move for Jojo (Stevan Jovetic) as has been mentioned.

Minimum?? Damn...

Still, gotta hand it to Clyne, that was an amazing tackle showing who was boss.

bud

Supposedly Eurosport.fr are reporting a minimum of 6 months due to ruptured ligaments. I guess we will make a move for Jojo (Stevan Jovetic) as has been mentioned.

how about giving a young talent from city's own youth academy a chance?

Wilbur

Banned
Shame to see Bilbao getting defeated so spectacularly. Good fightback though but with two great players going... don't see them faring better than they did last year.

We got a goddamn LB. So relieved.

Yeah that's great. Maybe it'll give Evra a kick up the arse but then again I said that about Fabio last year.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I was cursing myself for not putting Aguero in my team after Suarez and Torres failed to deliver. Not so much anymore, shame though.

Decent couple of games. Great effort from Southampton, hopefully they can keep the momentum, I'd like to see them do well.

Wilbur

Banned

Yep. Should be Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko/Guidetti. Still stronger than any other strike force in the league except maybe United's. The solution of just buying another striker with Dzeko and Balotelli on the bench is hilarious.

Meier

Reports from last week suggested that Guidetti is out until late October due to some nervous system damage. There aren't really any other potential strikers ready for the PL.. Denis Suarez is our next best youngster but he is an attacking mid and not a striker.

Jojo is quite young and obviously very talented so it would be a fantastic signing for City if it were to happen.

sneaky77

Lessons of today.. Iturraspe better wake up or Galarreta is going to eat his lunch. Gurpegui cannot play CB so let's just put Ekiza back there with San Jose.

Soi-Fong

Yep. Should be Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko/Guidetti. Still stronger than any other strike force in the league except maybe United's. The solution of just buying another striker with Dzeko and Balotelli on the bench is hilarious.

Yup, they still have two good strikers... Seriously, if this 6 months is true, City better be thanking lady luck that this happened during the transfer window and that they may be able to still get a transfer done.

feel

Valencia used to be a scary contender back in the day, now they just park the bus and waste time like a bottom of the table side.

bud

city supposedly have a great youth academy.

you don't know if someone's ready for the first team until you actually give him a chance.

elsk

Banned
I think he was serious. Hell, with the supposed injury for Ferdinand, some are saying we should look to Wooton for CB.

Hey, I'm all in for using players from the youth system... that's one of the biggest reasons why I follow the Bundesliga. But you seriously think Man City is going to do that?

Soi-Fong

you don't know if someone's ready for the first team until you actually give him a chance.

They're afraid of youth and they'll be more afraid after what happened with Rodwell screwing up the pass that led to the counterattack and allowing Southhampton to score.

bud

city have tevez, balotelli and dzeko. do they really need to buy another striker when aguero's going to be fit again by next season?

elsk

Banned

Have they promoted anyone from their supposedly good youth academy yet?

And yes, you're right!

Meier

City is developing a great youth academy but the talent is not there yet, not even close. Maybe in 5 years. Suarez is an 18 year old boy -- he won't come in and replace Aguero on the squad.. it just isn't going to happen. When you play with 2 strikers, you want 2 on the bench.

Are you guys forgetting about Tevez?

The first team will obviously be fine but depth will be a concern.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's your Milan avatar.

I'll change it to this one then.

images

Meier

city have tevez, balotelli and dzeko. do they really need to buy another striker when aguero's going to be fit again by next season?

Realistically, Dzeko will be sold at some point. It's a matter of when rather than if. With this injury, it means it won't happen until January at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom