• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

then what happens when aguero is fit and ready to play again? do they just sell off the striker they buy now for a dime or do you continue with five strikers?

elsk

Banned
City is developing a great youth academy but the talent is not there yet, not even close. Maybe in 5 years. Suarez is an 18 year old boy -- he won't come in and replace Aguero.. it just isn't going to happen. When you play with 2 strikers, you want 2 on the bench.

Emre Can is 18 years old and he played out of position vs. Dortmund in the Super Cup.
Alaba made his debut in Champions League when he was 17 years old.

I sat down and thought about it, but he REALLY isn't that good....not sure why ManU is doing this, are they seeing something we don't see?

Obviously, United aren't signing him to be a first team player. With City nabbing Rodwell, Everton have no reason to sell Baines, so we have to motor on with Evra as first-choice. But Fabio is on loan and the kids we tested out on tour - Brady, et al. - just aren't ready for PL football in that capacity.

Vitesse is a decent side, so he's at least one of the better fullbacks in the Eredivisie. That should be enough to operate as the back-up we need while Fabio and Blackett develop. I'd like to believe it isn't solely a panic buy, and hopefully there's cause to be cautiously optimistic and expect a contribution in the solid tradition of John O'Shea.

Bo-Locks

United move for Buttner

£3.9 million apparently.

Very pleased we're getting someone to put a fire up Evra's arse.

"We're Done"

Alex-Ferguson_53.jpg

Oliver-Twist.jpg

247023.jpg

25158385.jpg

Oh well. Probably our second weakest position so some competition for Evra is very welcome.

Soi-Fong

Have they promoted anyone from their supposedly good youth academy yet?

And yes, you're right!

So far, I think it was dc who said it that with the current first team, the only player from the youth side who have made it through is Micah Richards.

Meier

Emre Can is 18 years old and he played out of position vs. Dortmund in the Super Cup.

I actually think Suarez is good enough to play in the PL, I just don't think he will. Mancini has the funds to play established guys rather and so he'll use them. But again, it's a fairly moot point because he does not play in the same position as Kun.

then what happens when aguero is fit and ready to play again? do they just sell off the striker they buy now for a dime or do you continue with five strikers?

Realistically, "A minimum of 6 months" translates to him being done for the year. :( That would be a question to answer next summer. But who knows, maybe the report is bullshit and he won't be out that long.. I obviously am praying that's the case.

bud

alaba is fantastic; he was absolutely amazing in that game against madrid. he made his debut under van gaal, right? he's been great at bayern with letting young talents play. no one had heard of muller before he came there or badstuber (he's not very good, but still) or contento.

he had a pretty great influence on bayern and the german national team.

Decent match. Valencia really only created two good chances (the one they scored on, and the one that was disallowed for a debatable offsides call), and managed to finish level. They'll probably ecstatic with their one point.

Real will be kicking themselves for not converting one of their myriad of chances in the second half.

Lightning

Banned
Being reported that Sahin to Arsenal will be announced within the next 24hrs. Yes!

I want this to be announced soon as so someone doesn't come along and steal him..

GQman2121

Banned
This fucking Bein situation really blows for the US market. I don't need to see Barca kill Real Sociedad. An Italian match with the leagues two top teams is much more appealing.

Scum

Just got back in to tune into Liveonlinefooty. I see Barca are 1-0 up already.
But fill me in on the other games, lads.

Make that 1-1. lol

Jabo

N OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom