• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Silva was infuriating at the Euros, the most wasteful player in the Spain team, gave the ball away so many times each and every game. Looked very un-Spanish.

Just seen that Ricky Lambert is scouse, and we need a goal scorer, I genuinely feel if Kenny was here we'd be on the phone now arranging a fee between £15 and £20 million.

Wasn't he a bit fatigued near the end of last season, which was the reason people gave for his dip in form. You guys think it's more than that?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not worried about Matri, I'm 100% he's staying.

I don't think he cares if he starts or not anyway, that's what I've always liked about him. Unlike Quag, he never complains. And now that Pazzini is off the table (thank god), Milan won't bid for him.

This is brilliant, honestly how the fuck would a defence stop that.

nfl_snap_15499.jpg

His teams score many goals, and concede just as much.

Wilbur

Banned
Wasn't he a bit fatigued near the end of last season, which was the reason people gave for his dip in form. You guys think it's more than that?

Nope, it's exactly that. With Dzeko being a confidence player, Tevez being AWOL and Balotelli being unpredictable as well as Yaya being missing, Silva and Aguero played every game really, so he definitely suffered because of that. I don't see him getting a rest to be honest, which is worrying for City unless they sign someone like Jovetic who can come deeper and create.

FootballFan

I just realized that I will be not able to watch La Liga and Series A matches here in the US. What the fuck is this shit? Why is not espndeportes, goltv and fox not showing anything? Is this temporary? I'm so fucking mad right now that I'm about to kill somebody. Fuck Aljazeera and fuck all this bullshit goddammit.

You will have to watch them online then. But you shouldn't kill anyone over it. :p

Cuddler

I'm not worried about Matri, I'm 100% he's staying.

I don't think he cares if he starts or not anyway, that's what I've always liked about him. Unlike Quag, he never complains. And now that Pazzini is off the table (thank god), Milan won't bid for him.
Oh yes, I didn't remember that is an ex Milan player, so that's probably why he didn't celebrate.
Vidal's shift was class. Such a good player.

Was Pog good, Juve/Milan fans?
I've watched only the first half, nothing too impressive IMO, both tecnically and phisically really good, but it seems to me that he was really slow tonight but I know he is trying to learn everything from Pirlo during the training so it must be that.
lol

Wilbur

Banned
Pogba's awareness, the way he tracked back, his positioning and the tackles he made, never tired. Fully expecting to see plenty of him

Paul Pogba was immense today. Technical quality, great positioning. A midfielder with "that little extra" to unlock teams.

Wrap up: PSG still without a win. Pogba looked a real talent as Juventus beat Milan 2-3. Southampton nearly steal a point from City

Pogba: full of energy, not afraid to put in a tackle,positioning & anticipation top notch,not finished article yet but full of potential

Pogba will be a star in his career, simple as. So, so much talent. Complacency of last season will disappear with move.

Pogba is the exact type of player United need right now

Ferguson will regret letting Pogba go so easily. He has been class for Juve so far.

Pogba is at the heart of every Juve attack. Amazed by how good he really is.

Paul Pogba......just....Paul Pogba. I really hope we see him feature this season....I can;t take my eyes off the kid. What a talent

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Why didn't we see more of Pogba at United if he was this good?
Nobody really know but IMO we used stick more than carrot.

He had a poor season at reserve level and was quite lazy in games...but it's because he was just so much better than the football played at that level.

That said I don't think we could have kept him, once Raiola decided he wanted him to move it was done, I think.

Wilbur

Banned
Wigan look quite impressive, as usual. No bloody goals though.

Should have invested the RvP money in keeping Pogba.

No one can stop Mino Raiola from getting what he wants

Why didn't we see more of Pogba at United if he was this good?

Because he's very young I suppose. He was being eased in, reportedly was told he was a big part in this season's plans. Followed his agent's wishes.

Zabojnik

Oh yes, I didn't remember that is an ex Milan player, so that's probably why he didn't celebrate.

It doesn't seem to me like he isn't celebrating for any reason. He's highfiving his teammates, taking hugs and smiling, he's just not overly excited ... it's Berlusconi's Trophy after all. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I've watched only the first half, nothing too impressive IMO, both tecnically and phisically really good, but it seems to me that he was really slow tonight but I know he is trying to learn everything from Pirlo during the training so it must be that.
lol

He was playing like a true DM, holding his position, unlike Pirlo, who likes to be everywhere. Solid game from Pog.

Letting Pogba go is baffling because he honestly looks like exactly the kind of player United could have used from within their ranks if they're not going to reinforce their central midfield this season. Confident on the ball, always physically imposing and hard to dispossess, capable of a killer ball or beating his man. Could have just slotted him in beside Carrick.

You can tell it's love between them. I love the team spirit that's generally been in evidence under Conte.

Wilbur

Banned
haha poor marin. this has to be fake

Literally just said it on Match of the Day hahaha

Letting Pogba go is baffling because he honestly looks like exactly the kind of player United could have used from within their ranks if they're not going to reinforce their central midfield this season. Confident on the ball, always physically imposing and hard to dispossess, capable of a killer ball or beating his man. Could have just slotted him in beside Carrick.

Yep. Fucking Frogson and Mino.

You can tell it's love between them. I love the team spirit that's generally been in evidence under Conte.
Well we didn't "let him go". We wanted him to stay, but he didn't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom