• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Had to repost this.. Soooo happy with this training jersey my GF got me!

SAM_0021.jpg

Hixx

Is it just me who thinks its fucking straight up wrong to sell things that are essentially advertisements?

It's why I don't buy strips any more. Feel like it's taking the piss a bit.

Soi-Fong

Is it just me who thinks its fucking straight up wrong to sell things that are essentially advertisements?

It's why I don't buy strips any more. Feel like it's taking the piss a bit.

It's a business.. That's just how it is. Wouldn't be surprised if NFL starts also taking in sponsors.

dc89

"I can't muster words to thank for your concern and with this much support, I'll probably get back up on my feet soon"

If Aguero spoke English how he Tweets it I could see him rocking a smoking jacket and having one of those smoking pipes which make bubbles.

Hixx

It's a business.. That's just how it is. Wouldn't be surprised if NFL starts also taking in sponsors.

I know most clubs get more money from their sponsors than shirt sales but I think it's ludicrous they want people to pay ~£50 to walk around with a massive courier service/bank/oil company 'initiative'/chupa chups logo splashed on your gut.

Slizz

True, but like in the NFL and I guess basketball, most stadiums are named after brands.

Yup, it's actually embarassing to have a stadium in the team name nowadays because that means you can't drum up enough investment interest with your team(applies to American sports here).

Helllooooo Marlins Stadium.

Soi-Fong

Yup, it's actually embarassing to have a stadium in the team name nowadays because that means you can't drum up enough investment interest with your team.

Lol for us here in Chicago, Soldier Field!!!! God, the Bears suck... *_*

elsk

Banned
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...p-left-by-Robin-van-Persie-and-Alex-Song.html

Santi Cazorla already telling Wenger he needs to spend? Oh no... Wenger doesn't like it when players tell him that although Cazorla's right. We've got Sahin coming in and hopefully we can get one more.

Telling him to spend?

"I do not know if we will sign anyone but obviously it’s important to replace players like that because they were so important for the team.”

elseanio

Yup, it's actually embarassing to have a stadium in the team name nowadays because that means you can't drum up enough investment interest with your team(applies to American sports here).

Would you trade in United shirt sponsor if it meant the same amount of money to rename Old Trafford to the Aon Stadium?

Slizz

Would you trade in United shirt sponsor if it meant the same amount of money to rename Old Trafford to the Aon Stadium?

Not at all, rather have it on the shirt that changes every year than the Stadium/museum that is Old Trafford.

As I said it applies to American Sports. Yankee Stadium is the only one off the top of my head in American sports thats named after the team, but thats clearly because they don't need to money from a stadium rename having their own TV network and what not.

Damn...

Really not sure. I think I'd say no cos the shirt is sponsored by Nike already really and is kind of a readily accepted thing in football and a line we have already crossed.

But man, I would love it if we didn't have a shirt sponsor.

Soi-Fong

That rumor is ridiculous.

It would make no sense for Fergie to not want a loan deal for Sahin, but willing to take a loan deal for Kaka.

Yup, ridiculous to no end and it doesn't make sense. There were reports Fergie rejected Sahin since they only wanted loan with no buy-option, but this is the same except with a 30 year old!!

There's so many other players that Fergie could go after.

jtb

Banned
That rumor is ridiculous.

It would make no sense for Fergie to not want a loan deal for Sahin, but willing to take a loan deal for Kaka.

buying RVP made no sense either, but that didn't stop Fergie! This rumor is just ridiculous enough for me to believe it.

edit: And I'd definitely sell the naming rights to Ashburton Grove if it meant winning a troph— oh wait.

3Sixty

I don't care about sponsors at all.

But when Saints got their new one they turned down offers of a lot more money from shady far east bookmakers to go with a local company, so thats quite cool.

Edit: Of course we did have to put up with The Friends Provident St Mary's Stadium for a few years.

Soi-Fong

buying RVP made no sense either, but that didn't stop Fergie! This rumor is just ridiculous enough for me to believe it.

There's still a difference though. Kaka barely made a dent last season for RM, while RVP practically saved Arsenal's behind and led them to third.
I don't remember Kaka leading any goal or assist charts last season unlike RVP.

Soi-Fong

Well, the United jersey sure did turn more of a tablecloth than it already did before.

But you're right... They look... Wrong... Unless they put the number in the front like how it is with national jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom