• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
x610.jpg

Cuddler

It doesn't seem to me like he isn't celebrating for any reason. He's highfiving his teammates, taking hugs and smiling, he's just not overly excited ... it's Berlusconi's Trophy after all. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Ok, I didn't watched the scene so I didn't really know what happened, better this way anyway, I hope he can do really well this year.
He was playing like a true DM, holding his position, unlike Pirlo, who likes to be everywhere. Solid game from Pog.
Agree with you, a solid game, but let's not put too much weight and pressure on him, he's still really young and he can still improve.
Best midfield in the world.
Yeah, I know, after Barcellona

Wilbur

Banned
They can be all the legends they want but I would give a talented kid priority over two old retiring guys. Specially over Giggs.

To be honest it wasn't a bad decision playing the experienced heads at the end of the season when you're trying to win a title. There's certainly an argument for playing Pogba from the very start, we should have done that. However when the situation is 1-1 at Norwich in the 90th minute and we need a goal to score, I would have rather had Giggs on there than Pogba. And Giggs came up with the goal.

Scholes wasn't our problem last year, played very well to be honest. Apart from Blackburn, Wigan and Everton (and City of course), we were incredibly consistent from the 6-1 onwards.

I really wish we'd kept Pogba... but it was clear he was being primed for this season.

Think it was other guys.

He definitely said guy, assuming he meant guys but it still made me laugh.

Marrone was good tonight, too. Poor kid has had to learn how to be a ball-playing central defender at short notice, but his pass for Vidal's goal was superb.

Edit: It says something about Italian football's treatment of youth when I call 22 year-old Marrone 'kid'.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Did I imagine that period during the summer when Hulk going to Chelsea seemed a sure thing?
I think I read something about it the other day.
That old man is seriously depressing.
Well yeah, The Addams Family was canceled by ABC. He's outta work!

Shake Appeal said:
Marrone was good tonight, too. Poor kid has had to learn how to be a ball-playing central defender at short notice, but his pass for Vidal's goal was superb.

Edit: It says something about Italian football's treatment of youth when I call 22 year-old Marrone 'kid'.

i6gkw.gif

He was brilliant! So in the end, Conte figured out a way to keep him with us
lNwhp.gif

The stoke style that they had last season looks better, tbh. The thin stripes are shit. Hope they can keep this up for the rest of the season, they should be able to stay up fairly easily then.

Wilbur

Banned
I really like it. Mind you I did wear a fucking picnic blanket the other day. Fucking Nike.

And yes I really hope they stay up. Always liked Southampton.

Man so excited for tmrw.

Only caught the first half of Liverpool vs WBA so far and that's it. Needed to see more football.

Is Sahin to Arsenal pretty much done then? Has that Duncan Jenkins quit Twitter now?

Wilbur

Banned
Man so excited for tmrw.

Only caught the first half of Liverpool vs WBA so far and that's it. Needed to see more football.

Is Sahin to Arsenal pretty much done then? Has that Duncan Jenkins quit Twitter now?

Yeah I can't wait. Annoyed its at night, got to wait all day. Hope Kagawa gets to play behind strikers as opposed to borked out on the wing.

Hixx

Richardson wants to move back to Lahndahn.

His contracts up next year anyway, so don't think we have much choice but to cash in. Defo need a replacement LB now though...

Kaka is on something like £250k a week at Madrid, something United would never pay.

Any loan deal I'd imagine would see both clubs contribute.
I know but we'd pay at least half. Why pay £100k a week to somebody who we really don't need at all and somebody who has no future at the club.

Totally pointless. And we don't even know how good he is these days.

Hixx

"Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill has also enquired about Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov, 31, and is considering a loan move for Tottenham's Danny Rose, 22."

:D

:(((((((((

kharma45

I know but we'd pay at least half. Why pay £100k a week to somebody who we really don't need at all and somebody who has no future at the club.

Totally pointless. And we don't even know how good he is these days.

His form is suspect as is his fitness which will probably see this rumoured deal not happen if there is any truth in it at all.

It is a lot of money and he's not really what we need but part of me would be tempted to take the risk for the season.

Kaka on loan? He's 30!

Hence why I'd only take him on a loan, not a permanent transfer.

"Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill has also enquired about Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov, 31, and is considering a loan move for Tottenham's Danny Rose, 22."

:D

:(((((((((

Saw that Berbatov rumour reported in the Daily Mail in their Kaka article, can't imagine Berba there but stranger transfers have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom