• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

I can't see standard charted sticking with Liverpool after their contract is up. All depends on the next 3 years of course, but I think after sticking with carlsberg for so long, we are gonna be just whoring ourselves to the highest bidder once we can

Edit* the great thing about carlsberg is they sold shirts without the sponsor, for counties who couldn't advertise alcohol

3Sixty

josefonte_1184061a.jpg

Loved our 125th anniversary kit with no sponsor.

Lightning

Banned
buying RVP made no sense either, but that didn't stop Fergie! This rumor is just ridiculous enough for me to believe it.

edit: And I'd definitely sell the naming rights to Ashburton Grove if it meant winning a troph— oh wait.
What do you reckon of our Sahin capture?

Mumei

I finished watching Southampton at Manchester City. Much more fast-paced than the Arsenal / Sunderland game. I hope Chelsea at Wigan Athletic is as good.

Clegg

Ferdinand is definitely out of tomorrows game. Looks like Carrick will slot in at CB.

Actually worried about this now. I can see a midfield of Scholes/Cleverley being overrun very easily.

Lightning

Banned
Absolutely fantastic, especially if there's a buy clause in there too. Just need a proper DM now, and this will have been a great summer. Diaby's not a DM and Coq isn't ready.
Yeah, that's my views as well. Rumors are heating up that we are back in for M'Vila and Jamie Sanderson did say we are in for a DM so here's hoping.

K1LLER7

Ferdinand is definitely out of tomorrows game. Looks like Carrick will slot in at CB.

Actually worried about this now. I can see a midfield of Scholes/Cleverley being overrun very easily.

i'd go Evra CB, Rafael LB, Valencia RB, Carrick and Scholes CM.

Slizz

i'd go Evra CB, Rafael LB, Valencia RB, Carrick and Scholes CM.

Evra is too short and has a 1 track mind of going forward. I'm confident in Carrick's abilities for a game or so, but as others said the mid-field might get overrun.

EDIT: Actually I'm just hoping Vidic beasts enough for 2.

Clegg

I want Evra nowhere near our CBs. He'd get pasted if he had to go toe to toe with Jelavic.

Its probably going to be Vidic/Carrick in defence and Scholes/Cleverley in midfield.

I'm really not happy with that.

Slizz

He was injured but hes back in training now. He hasn't had a pre-season though.

It wouldn't make sense to throw him into a competitive game when his short of fitness and sharpness.

Evans back in training, Jones 'resting' his back for a month, Smalling won't be back til October.... Could be rough, Butten is nice I guess?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I finished watching Southampton at Manchester City. Much more fast-paced than the Arsenal / Sunderland game. I hope Chelsea at Wigan Athletic is as good.

are you just going to watch EPL games? there are other teams from other leagues worth following.

elsk

Banned
are you just going to watch EPL games? there are other teams from other leagues worth following.

He should just watch Champions League and pick a team he likes there. That way he can follow the local league of the team he picked in CL... unless he picks some team from Russia :p

Carbonox

Fuck this heattttttttt. Why can't it be nice and cold during the evenings? So unbearable.

I'm looking forward to the Man Utd game tomorrow. What are the chances of Van Persie starting?

elsk

Banned
Bleh.

It looks like the only channel showing FC Barcelona games is a premium channel and there aren't even any re-airings in sight. Good thing the Champion's League doesn't require extra money.

Yes, watching Real Madrid and Barcelona matches is a pain in the ass they charge extra for those teams. Is terrible.

So you're in for Tuesday champions league? remember: Borussia Mönchengladbach ;)

Mumei

Yes, watching Real Madrid and Barcelona matches is a pain in the ass they charge extra for those teams. Is terrible.

What! Those bastards.

I did manage to catch highlights of the game (the goals), which was very impressive, though I couldn't really tell how much was them being amazing or their opponents being comparatively average, or a little from Column A and a little from Column B.

So you're in for Tuesday champions league? remember: Borussia Mönchengladbach ;)

Yes, I have it set up. And I don't know, "Dynamo Kiev" sounds like the sort of ridiculous team name I can get behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom