• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Holy shit.

That was amazing. The ball handling and the shots and the passes and everything. It was very different from what I've seen so far, I think. It seemed like players kept the ball longer without (or before) passing it and seemed more adept at difficult footwork, though I might be misjudging from highlights. Poor Madrid, though.

Also Pique still looks derpy and I don't know what Shakira sees in him.

i still can't believe theres no La Liga and Serie A on Australian TV anymore.

ITS LIKE LIVING IN THE FUCKING STONE AGE!

I don't have it without premium channels. I might break down and get it, though.

417264_353962714686170_769161534_n.jpg

-----Sahin-----Arteta-----

----------Wilshire--------

Cazorla------------Podolski/Gervinho

----------Giroud-----------

Not bad. Not bad at all

Great to see David Villa get a goal today. He's a world class striker imo when's he's fit.

And he's integral to what Barca does as a team (as evidenced by last year). If he manages to regain his old form, I could easily see Barca taking back La Liga and getting to the Champions League final.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Holy shit.

That was amazing. The ball handling and the shots and the passes and everything. It was very different from what I've seen so far, I think. It seemed like players kept the ball longer without (or before) passing it and seemed more adept at difficult footwork, though I might be misjudging from highlights. Poor Madrid, though.

I don't have it without premium channels. I might break down and get it, though.

Honestly the 5-0 against RM was way more impressive to me. That was the pinnacle of the Pep Team.

Kyoufu

Holy shit.

Pique is cute. :(

iUv692v9Uhkjj.gif

FootballFan

Holy shit.

Barcelona vs Madrid is different to the other games, the intensity, pace, skill, pressure, rivalry etc its all huge, add to that the fact that the best players in the world are shared in both teams it usually is great. (Madrid won the most recent game)

There was a Clasico that was just horrible though, champions league semis in 2011, just time-wasting, rough tackles, diving, etc. But it did have its amazing moment. One of the best goals I have seen in the Champions Leauge: Messis 2nd goal.

snoopen

Had an older guy approach me at the gym today and ask if I'm ever going to wear my RVP jerseys again. He said.. 'If I owned any I would piss on them and burn them, I hate the treacherous JT'.

I don't think I can wear them to the gym anymore..

Had an older guy approach me at the gym today and ask if I'm ever going to wear my RVP jerseys again. He said.. 'If I owned any I would piss on them and burn them, I hate the treacherous JT'.

Someone on my Facebook burnt his RVP shirt the other day :lol

Honestly the 5-0 against RM was way more impressive to me. That was the pinnacle of the Pep Team.

That match is still the most impressive display I've ever seen from a club team, the passing, the movement, everything on and off the ball was incredible that match. Mourinho's Madrid had no idea what was coming.

Messi

That match is still the most impressive display I've ever seen from a club team, the passing, the movement, everything on and off the ball was incredible that match. Mourinho's Madrid had no idea what was coming.

I agree, and Messi's pass for Villa's second ahhh still gives me chills.

Emhemed

the supercup last year was very entertaining, too. both legs.

Yeah I enjoyed both games becouse both teams were playing football, until Messi scored a late winner at Camp Nou and this happened:

Untitled-2.gif

I hate it when shit like that overshadows what people want to see. Anyway I hope none of last year Supercup bullshit happens again

elsk

Banned
Barcelona-RealMadrid matches are only worth it because of Messi, at least for me. Without him it would be a fest of dirty tackles and little bit else.

There has been some amazing football in the Clasicos along with the bullshit.

This. Really, outside of the first leg of the 2011 CL semi's (which was a disgraceful display on many levels from both sides), the Clasicos between Pep's Barca and Mou's Madrid have largely been a treat to watch from a neutral perspective.

Messi

This. Really, outside of the first leg of the 2011 CL semi's (which was a disgraceful display on many levels from both sides), the Clasicos between Pep's Barca and Mou's Madrid have largely been a treat to watch from a neutral perspective.

Heh, you should try watching it as a fan. Heart attack city.

Edit: Thats my last post for a few days. See you at the weekend YO!

tumblr_m8cwb2RpUE1qdzgyco5_500.gif

oipic

Bit gutted that Liverpool couldn't sway Sahin, but the lack of CL presence was always going to bite at some point. Arsenal's line-up looks strong now.

Still, some width might be a more pressing concern anyway - Downing, as much as I want him to do well, plumbed new depths against the Baggies. Need to get Assaidi up to speed and on the park ASAP, but I'm still surprised that, in his absence, Sterling wasn't on the bench.

Something else the Clasicos can boast is newspapers photoshopping incidents that occur in them to suit their particular allegiances. Who's gonna embarass themselves frst this season then, AS or Marca?

elsk

Banned
Something else the Clasicos can boast is newspapers photoshopping incidents that occur in them to suit their particular allegiances. Who's gonna embarass themselves frst this season then, AS or Marca?

I think AS is the most neutral one.

Marca = Real Madrid, Sport.es = Barcelona

I'm not sure tho

sneaky77

Is more neutral than Marca :p
Sport.es is Barcelona biased right?

yeah sport is barcelona biased.. and I guess Mundo Deportivo as well.. but slightly less.

Marca last yr was embarrassing but they changed directors and has toned it down lately or seemed so anyway.

Seriously though, what's the point in photoshopping images like that in the internet-age, where the undoctored image is readily available to the paper's entire audience? It makes them look stupid, dishonest, disingenuous, disrespectful to their audience, and makes the entire paper a complete joke.

Sure, they get perhaps 5 hours where their audience goes 'ooh, look at that, it turns out Pepe didn't actually make contact,' followed by a constant and never-ending knowledge that they'll go so far as creating their own lies just to make their teams look better and fans feel better more vindicated in their bias

rodvik

I really hope the classicos arent the usual dive/foul/whine at ref fests this year. It can be truly dreadful, its a shame as they can also be the best displays of football on the planet.

In other news it looks like I already have that new La Liga channel in my football package on DirectTV! Yay, no extra money plus Ray's commentary. Bliss.

I just watched the end of the RM/Valencia game. I liked the way Valencia played. Hopefully they can cause problems for RM and barca this season. Would be nice to see the league get more interesting.

I really hope the classicos arent the usual dive/foul/whine at ref fests this year. It can be truly dreadful, its a shame as they can also be the best displays of football on the planet.

In other news it looks like I already have that new La Liga channel in my football package on DirectTV! Yay, no extra money plus Ray's commentary. Bliss.

I just watched the end of the RM/Valencia game. I liked the way Valencia played. Hopefully they can cause problems for RM and barca this season. Would be nice to see the league get more interesting.

Surprised Soldado's wrongly disallowed goal hasn't been discussed more

Judderman

drawer by drawer
SportsCenter with a EPL video package, showing the Man City-Southampton highlights, then showing La Liga highlights? Do my eyes deceive me?

GorillaJu

Woke up to find I'm #1 in Japan this week for Fantasy. Yet in the free GAF league Milchmonster is beating me by one point! Fuck Dortmund. Bayern and Schalke for life.

Ah, back to FM! I haven't really played it since I sunk 150 hours in to FM 2009.

First week in and Moyes leaves Everton to take the reins at Chelsea (I forgot to adjust the database), and Redknapp (lol) comes into to fill the void at Everton.

Mumei

What happened to that Icelandic guy who is also a Schalke fan?

Btw, is the c-word allowed again? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41199732&postcount=25

Not like that.

Though on that subject:

You don't need to censor in this context if you don't want to. No one has been banned for relating a story about what some third party said. You can see this in various contexts such as people quoting tweets or in news stories (for instance, the thread where Elton John referred to Madonna as a cunt). Mind you, this does not mean you can just "a friend of mine" as a proxy for doing it yourself, but in a situation such as this it is not really necessary.

But if you just aren't sure, feel free to stick with JT.

feel

Porto and Madrid with weak 1 point starts, Barcelona with a super strong start. This was not the best of football days for me. At least Benfica didn't win their first game either.

Salazar

John Terry actually does inspire revulsion in a way the other word cannot.

DEALZ MORE DEALZ said:
Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen
#mufc commercial revolution gathers pace. Piece in tomorrow's MEN reveals 3-4 deals set to be announced in coming weeks.

And who is this Dutch LB Buttner we're signing ?

elsk

Banned
Not like that.

Though on that subject:

You don't need to censor in this context if you don't want to. No one has been banned for relating a story about what some third party said. You can see this in various contexts such as people quoting tweets or in news stories (for instance, the thread where Elton John referred to Madonna as a cunt). Mind you, this does not mean you can just "a friend of mine" as a proxy for doing it yourself, but in a situation such as this it is not really necessary.

I was just wondering, because I got 1 month ban for this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39416426&postcount=6345 and I don't think there was an announcement at that point where they informed about the c-word being banned, or my way to use it was insulting anyone. For a moment I thought I was being banned for saying Di Natale was better than Cassano :p. But nvm, I'll just stick with JT :)

edit: can't believe the pre-season is over. BAYERNNNN! I'm hoping to see Weiser playing today :)

mitchell-weiser-514.jpg

TeegsD

Been out for all of the day but opening weekend has been rough so far. Sporting once again showed that they can't comprehend that GOALS win games. Thankfully for us, most of the other games were draws as well. Also today's games really screwed my Fantasy standings. Did not do enough research I guess. I need United to make it all better for me later today but Everton is always tricky for us :/

elsk

Banned
Been out for all of the day but opening weekend has been rough so far. Sporting once again showed that they can't comprehend that GOALS win games. Thankfully for us, most of the other games were draws as well. Also today's games really screwed my Fantasy standings. Did not do enough research I guess. I need United to make it all better for me later today but Everton is always tricky for us :/

Should've played the PRANJIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom