• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

olivia-wilde-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-99.gif

Missed my flight to Barcelona. At best will miss half of Gamper game now :(

snoopen

But if you just aren't sure, feel free to stick with JT.
Thanks for the clarification.

I'm looking at a whirlwind Euro trip in Jan, how difficult is it to get tickets to games? I am thinking of going to an Emirates tour/Arsenal game and then doing a Contiki 2 week sex tour.

Zabojnik

Marrone was good tonight, too. Poor kid has had to learn how to be a ball-playing central defender at short notice, but his pass for Vidal's goal was superb.

Oh, that was Marrone? Fantastic pass, that. He's been really, really solid as a CB, considering it's a new thing for him. I kind of wish Conte would use him as a midfielder, as he clearly has the vision and technique required, but in the end I'm just happy to see him getting any play-time. Forza Luca!

josu-urrutia--644x362.jpg

C'mon Urratia, let the Lion King go!

elsk

Banned
Can't wait for Bundesliga and Serie A to start. Finally I'll be able to watch Bundesliga on TV also! fuck GOLTV :D!
All the hondurans are gone from the Serie A tho :( I miss the David Suazo good days, before joining that shit Inter club.

Zabojnik

Just read an interview with Asamoah. He has to be the nicest, humblest and most dedicated person in the football business. Just a great read about his family, religion and Ghana's problems as a developing nation. "When I'm down there I take the car, fill it up with food, clothes and toys and distribute it around. I really don't like to talk about it. It's just something I know I have to do."

The black Robin Hood.
@@.gif

You know, I was kind of hoping we would get Armero from Udinese and use him as a LM in rotation with De Ceglie, but seeing how fantastic Asamoah's been even when used slightly out of position ... fuck it, I want him on the pitch at all times!

----------- Vucinic - El Rey Leon ------------

Asamoah - Marchisio - Pirlo - Vidal - Isla

------- Chiellini - Bonucci - Barzagli --------

Dat midfield! The Asamoah + Isla deal will probably go down in history as one of the greatest ever. :p Can't wait to see Isla Bonita in action!

awesomoah.png

Excite!

GorillaJu

Holy shit.

That was amazing. The ball handling and the shots and the passes and everything. It was very different from what I've seen so far, I think. It seemed like players kept the ball longer without (or before) passing it and seemed more adept at difficult footwork, though I might be misjudging from highlights. Poor Madrid, though.

Also Pique still looks derpy and I don't know what Shakira sees in him.

I don't have it without premium channels. I might break down and get it, though.

Indeed, in the Spanish league you will see more priority given to technique and ball skill. The pace is slower and it's much less physical than the Premier League.

It sounds good but I personally can only take it in small doses. Overall the games are quite static and really exciting box-to-box battles are rare. The team I like most is Atlético but their games are still snooze fests most of the time.

Barça are insane though. Their one touch passing is mesmerizing to watch. But watching a team win untested over and over again can be tedious, no matter how beautifully they do it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think I'll make an exception and buy an Awesomoah shirt <3

Barca are fantastic, the best highlight reel team around. A Los Angeles Clippers!

pulga

Banned
Fuck, I slept all afternoon, didn't catch Juve's game. How did Pogba and Sebas play?

fucking goddamn Madrid choking -_- Barca look even more dangerous this year.

I love our board, our manager and our players. Berlusconi is still conviced that this team, this particular team, is acceptable. Allegri is apperently unable to speak and ask for reinforcements. Cassano, after having a team that decided to wait for him (TWICE) says "I miss Thiago and Ibra, let's go to Inter! :D", regardless of what Milan did for him (nothing much, saved his ass, again, twice).

He really left me speechless. Milan did a lot for him, yet he decides to go to play in Europa League. I guess he loves to travel to completely unknow eastern Europe cities, to play against completely unknow teams. Whatever, he has become a Borriello and doesn't appear to have enough balls to stay and fight for something.

I think I'll enjoy this season, we can't get any lower, we've reached the bottom. Thank fuck Serie A is one of the worst championship of Europe, at least we can still reach the third place with this team, otherwise next summer could get ugly, for both supporters and the board.

Oh and I loved (LOVED) how Juve-GAF changed their avatars yesterday. Too bad I was busy watching Contraband (okay-ish movie, I guess), it looked like you guys had an epiphany. :D

Soi-Fong

Fuck Ferdinand seems to be out. Carrick will have to play in defense. And just like that we lose one of our best midfielders and one of our main defenders.

GorillaJu

With all of United's problems with injuries, their fans may be better served by refraining from snipes on Arsenal's team of medical quacks until they've got it worked out themselves. :)

RVP must be treated with grandmotherly delicacy.

Salazar

Alan Hansen is writing about United :lol :lol

On Kagawa said:
All of the noises coming out of Old Trafford suggest that he is a decent player

Watch him you bitter, glib, broken-record knobhead. It's what you are (inexplicably) paid to do.

Sappy113

"P***ed off doesn't get close to how I feel at the moment. Sake"

Is that Rio's way of saying he's injured?

Would think so. He's been going on all pre-season about he couldn't wait to get back into the thick of things. Vidic also said he looked forward to partnering up with him again. Alas, it's not to be.

GorillaJu

Good god, it's almost physically painful to watch the WBA game highlights. Those penalties were horrible calls... and Suarez, for fuck's sake. I really hope he's brought out wide and Borini takes his spot in the middle. We aren't going to get anywhere relying on him as our primary finisher. His chance creation is phenomenal. He'd be much better as a No. 10 IMO.

dc89

Alan Hansen is writing about United :lol :lol

Watch him you bitter, glib, broken-record knobhead. It's what you are (inexplicably) paid to do.

They said the same about Aguero. Doubted his ability to do it in the PL too. Said he'd struggle to adapt. I saw no sign of a struggle.

Talking about Aguero, I know it's not a patch on United's Facebook but some of the things on his post about his knee are funny.

get some rest and eat some steak

get well Son Aguero. Knock them out on the battlefield.

Soi-Fong

"P***ed off doesn't get close to how I feel at the moment. Sake"

Is that Rio's way of saying he's injured?

I'm really hoping dc that you're not happy that Ferdinand might be out considering what with Aguero and all. Ferdinand's been wanting to play with Vidic again.

dc89

I'm really hoping dc that you're not happy that Ferdinand might be out considering what with Aguero and all. Ferdinand's been wanting to play with Vidic again.

Why would I be happy about it?

Aguero's injury could ruin his and City's campaign not just in the league but also in Europe. The same applies with Rio & United. It's not something to be happy about.

When City beat United I don't want any excuses! I want to beat them at full strength.

dc00100 is classier than that. He's a good lad. Corporate goblin, but good lad.

<3

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Rennes representative, regarding M'Vila:

"Yes, we are dealing with Tottenham, the offer is still a bit low, but we are confident."

wat

I thought AVB wasn't interested any more. If we end the window with a midfield of:

Sandro, Parker, M'Vila, Dembele, Livermore

That would be amazing.

pulga

Banned
Just watched last nights episode of Breaking Bad.. holy shit what a show. Anyone in here not watching it should make it their immediate priority.

GorillaJu

Rennes representative, regarding M'Vila:

wat

I thought AVB wasn't interested any more. If we end the window with a midfield of:

Sandro, Parker, M'Vila, Dembele, Livermore

That would be amazing.

Not amazing, just above average, IMO. Of those, only Dembele and Sandro are legitimate talents that would suit a CL team.

Soi-Fong

Thinking either Kagawa or RVP will start on the bench tom. You really can't get more into the thick of things than a side like Everton.

Just hoping that Kagawa will be able to play in the hole,

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not amazing, just above average, IMO. Of those, only Dembele and Sandro are legitimate talents that would suit a CL team.

How many top teams have more than two top class CMs? You have your two main men and a cast of useful supporting actors around them. Some teams only have one top CM, like City (Yaya), some teams don't have any (Chelsea). Players like Parker, Song, De Jong, Diarra, Barry, etc play for top teams and though they aren't world class, they do a fine job.

Bumhead

Banned
We have signed Rodri, 22 year old Spanish striker, on loan from Barcelona until the end of the season.

Excited to see him play. Be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

GorillaJu

Villa vs West Ham's "offside" goal was a really good spot by Mike Dean. It had me fooled as well. The ball looks to have come off Vaz Te, but the ref was right to notice that it actually came off the Villa defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom