• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

@OfficialASRoma said:
Trigoria: Daniele De Rossi will hold a press conference tomorrow at 15 #asroma

---

City V Southampton Tunnel Cam

9 mins in, Aguero's kid is so cute. >< He goes a bit shy when Nasri goes smiling at him like a deranged clown.

11:41 - Aguero stretched down the tunnel :( Nice to see Mario running down the tunnel after him though. He's not such a bad guy after all.

Salazar

Going back and forth between Tevez and RVP, with Tevez out in front at the moment. Will risk the cash on RVP only if United's system with him in it impresses tonight.

How we play (or set up, at least) tonight is likely to be anomalous, both in Carrick dropping to CB and in the manner of our compensation for it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

---

City V Southampton Tunnel Cam

9 mins in, Aguero's kid is so cute. >< He goes a bit shy when Nasri goes smiling at him like a deranged clown.

11:41 - Aguero stretched down the tunnel :( Nice to see Mario running down the tunnel after him though. He's not such a bad guy after all.

I love all the players coming in with those suitcases on wheels, followed by Aguero and a little toiletry bag.

How we play (or set up, at least) tonight is likely to be anomalous, both in Carrick dropping to CB and in the manner of our compensation for it.
Yeah, but Ferguson has all his attacking personnel, albeit with Van Persie lacking match fitness, so I'm curious who RVP comes on for (assuming he doesn't start), and what happens to United's shape when he does.

More than anything it's about seeing if he's sharp and Ferguson has a fluid 4-3-3 in mind, but I already know Tevez is sharp and Tevez is 4m cheaper, so the decision is probably already made.

dc89

I love all the players coming in with those suitcases on wheels, followed by Aguero and a little toiletry bag.

Haha yeah there's a probably reason they have little suitcases though because before a home game Mancini has the match day squad stay over night at a hotel in Manchester and then they travel to the stadium on the coach.

Hixx

Looks like Spurs are in for Johnson too
LLShC.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Maybe true, but what happens when one of Bale or Lennon gets injured or tired?

As it stands we have Giovani Dos Santos and a good youngster in Andros Townsend. We do need a Kranjcar/Pienaar level player to fill out the squad, but right now David Bentley has that spot. If we can't shift him we're stuck with him.

GorillaJu

Hurray, Bolton want Jay Spearing on loan, and we'll take £5m from any bidders for Charlie Adam.

Sahin & Tello deals are dead (for Liverpool).

Hurray, Bolton want Jay Spearing on loan, and we'll take £5m from any bidders for Charlie Adam.

Sahin & Tello deals are dead (for Liverpool).

We need to shift more players. I hope Cole isn't badly injured so he can be shoved off the boat before the window closes. Adam can go to anyone who wants him. Spearing will do well at Bolton I think. We need another striker/winger, defensive midfield cover for Lucas and backup full backs though Robinson and maybe Flanagan/McGlaughlin from the yoofs could fill in well if given the chance.

Honda please!

AFCamden: Just been informed that a deal has now been finalised & Nuri Sahin is now expected to report to the Arsenal training ground after 4pm

Nuri Sahin to Arsenal done :)

Can now get excited - these LFC guys/journalists put doubt in my mind. Sahin and Wilshere centre mid with Cazorla will be legendary. If only we had a striker like RVP..

dc89

When can we expect news about Aguero's injury? Today?

Did you see my post last night with what he put on Twitter?

Next 48 hours will be definite news but Aguero said the initial tests they did showed no major damage. Fingers crossed.

---

Josh Mceachran joins Middlesbrough on a season long loan. Great talent, he just needs games and he's not going to get them at Chelsea.

Also I've been thinking maybe De Rossi's press conference is to announce the code for his Fantasy Football league.

AFCamden: Just been informed that a deal has now been finalised & Nuri Sahin is now expected to report to the Arsenal training ground after 4pm
Nuri Sahin to Arsenal done :)

Can now get excited - these LFC guys/journalists put doubt in my mind. Sahin and Wilshere centre mid with Cazorla will be legendary. If only we had a striker like RVP..

Does he still play football?

obviously joking

Mumei

Anyone know if Eggman's ban is perma, since he was junior'd and all?

No, he's not. The policy of automatically applying perms to juniors who are banned does not apply to people who were junior'd after making it to Member.

I was just wondering, because I got 1 month ban for this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39416426&postcount=6345 and I don't think there was an announcement at that point where they informed about the c-word being banned, or my way to use it was insulting anyone. For a moment I thought I was being banned for saying Di Natale was better than Cassano :p. But nvm, I'll just stick with JT :)

It was after, by about three days. We usually ban a lot more harshly after an explicit warning not to do something and the presumption is usually that you know when you're a part of the community that was just warned, and after multiple pages of kvetching in the same thread about the warning.

It isn't always the case that the person knows, though, as you know.

mil6es

seriously fuck sahin, our midfield is semi-sorted, what we need is a proper central striker because if we have to rely on suarez for goals with his finishing rate we are prety much screwed.....

5 attemps 2 on target 0 goals.....not good enough

Arnie

Its a race between him and Aguero on who can get off their crutches the quickest.

Aguero might've done his ACL, so obviously he'll be playing before Wilshere.

seriously fuck sahin, our midfield is semi-sorted, what we need is a proper central striker because if we have to rely on suarez for goals with his finishing rate we are prety much screwed.....

5 attemps 2 on target 0 goals.....not good enough

I don't think we can say 'fuck him'. He's a quality player that we'd all love to have, who's gone to Arsenal for very clear and understandable reasons. Fair play to the lad, we move on.

I agree with the sentiment that central midfield wasn't the point in which we needed to strengthen most, that's clearly the striking position and the wingbacks. There really isn't long left now, and I'm not sure who else we'd bring in. I know Assaidi went under the radar, but I doubt there's multiple signings that can go that undetected.

kharma45

Nah, it'll be:

De Gea; Rafael, Carrick, Vidic, Evra; AV7, Anderson, Cleverley, Nani; Kagawa; Rooney.

RVP second half.

Young at home, doing the dishes.

Realistically that'll be our line-up, but I'd like to see Anderson out, Carrick in his place and Keane at CB although I can't see SAF throwing him in this early to the first team.

Still, I'd like to see a natural defender in defence rather than a midfielder shoe-horned in, even if Carrick has done it before.

Clegg

I won't be too happy if we start tonights game with Carrick in defence instead of midfield.

I'm already having flashbacks to how Fellaini bossed us at Old Trafford.

The strongest Arsenal XI in my opinion

-----------Chez---------------
Sagna ---- Verm ---- Kol ----- Gibbs
Walcott - Sahin/M'Vila - Wilshere - Cazorla
Podolski --- Giroud

Subs: Ox, Gervinho, Mertesaker

Still think we need a world class striker, dont think podolski and giroud are on par with that midfield.

Title Challengers? Emirates cup at least..

Arnie

Naw, no big damage to his knee. He tweeted earlier.

I was trying to do a funny.

Happy for Aguero like, as long as he doesn't make a miracle recovery for Sunday. Agger's urging Liverpool to appeal his ban, saying there was no contact, don't know if I believe that, without video evidence in front of me. Looked stonewall to me, once Long had flopped over the little shit.

By the way, Sal, tried to take a very 'Salazar' esque bathroom shot of myself this morning for the picture thread. Will upload now.

mil6es

I don't think we can say 'fuck him'. He's a quality player that we'd all love to have, who's gone to Arsenal for very clear and understandable reasons. Fair play to the lad, we move on.

I agree with the sentiment that central midfield wasn't the point in which we needed to strengthen most, that's clearly the striking position and the wingbacks. There really isn't long left now, and I'm not sure who else we'd bring in. I know Assaidi went under the radar, but I doubt there's multiple signings that can go that undetected.

that saga went on way to long for my liking and ofcourse if he came to us I would be the first to jump for joy, but the midfield is not where our problem is its scoring goals, we couldn't last season and I can only see that continuing.

the only stop gap solution I can see is moving Borini to the central position and putting Suarez on the wing, but other than that I dont see us buying anyone more this window.

Its just a tough pill to swallow becuase I see both Manchesters, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Newcastle strengthen considerably, but I feel we have just stayed the same while trying to right the wrongs set by the last two managers.

Gap is growing and we are being left behind yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom