• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Thought it was meant to be 6 months out for him..there is hope for my FF team.

Shouldn't be that serious. I'm taking him out, and as Shake said, Tevez might be the ideal replacement for the price. Saying that, I always hate putting in a striker who's about to play Liverpool, it makes complete sense that they'll score, but it pains me to accept it.

I just heated up leftover pizza for breakfast. So good.
Most pizza I'd say shouldn't be reheated, but dominos tastes great after a quick blast in the microwave.

Standard, grubby, made by your average Joe takeaway pizza is rank after it's been re-heated. Just disgusting.

Not as good as cold pizza.

image.php

Kyoufu

Most pizza I'd say shouldn't be reheated, but dominos tastes great after a quick blast in the microwave.

Standard, grubby, made by your average Joe takeaway pizza is rank after it's been re-heated. Just disgusting.

Next time you get a Dominos, take a pic and post it here. Dominos here in Watford is absolute wank :/

We have decent takeaway pizza places though. Just had a not so greasy Pepperoni/Jalapeno pizza. Soooo good.

Check out what Kompany tweeted after the game:

Theatre of Miracles sounds a lot better than " the Etihad".

The strongest Arsenal XI in my opinion

-----------Chez---------------
Sagna ---- Verm ---- Kol ----- Gibbs
Walcott - Sahin/M'Vila - Wilshere - Cazorla
Podolski --- Giroud

Subs: Ox, Gervinho, Mertesaker

I'd say Arsenal needs a true DM or 3 CMs on the pitch when Sahin's playing. A big part of why he looked so good as semi-DM for us was Bender who destroyed like every attack other teams came up with.

Sahin is quality, hope it's only a season long loan to the gunners! I don't blame him for not choosing Liverpool if that's true, he'll get champions league footy

I agree that it's not Liverpool's most vital position to fill at the moment anyway, but I would have loved to have had him... I do hope we have other plans.

Mastadon

Banned
Sahin is shit anyway. Never wanted him in the first place. If he can only make the bench at Madrid, what chance does he have at Liverpool?!

Arnie

Sad thing is I dont think we do, But I hope to be proved wrong..

Really don't know how you can make such a prediction.

Rodgers said after the game that there's still one or two signings to make, bear in mind how we had no clue about Assaidi until it had been agreed, and after the result against West Brom I'm sure both FSG and the coaching staff will have been even more eager to strengthen the squad.

Slizz

All school levels are back in session today. Traffic is a fucking nightmare, gonna need to make a beer run for the match at some point...

Arnie

All school levels are back in session today. Traffic is a fucking nightmare, gonna need to make a beer run for the match at some point...

Biere D'ior, Tesco, £3 for 10. I'm all set.

Came off an 8 hour Football Manager session last night in my network game. Fell behind Juventus at the top of Serie A following a crushing 5 nil loss to a rejuvenated AC Milan. It hurt. Hoping to sign this ambidextrous Brazilian wingback who'll offer me good cover for Maggio and Dossena, though. Also trying to make a move for Destro to come in the summer, and join Veratti to continue my Italian legacy.

Salazar

I get up, watch the game, eat breakfast on the train I guess, then teach.

I will be unable to cope if we do not win.

http://i.imgur.com/UPoPL.jpg

?

If Young fucking starts I will be gobsmacked. Just going with it being the replete ignorance of London hacks. I see Kagawa on the bench for most predicted lineups, including the Guardian. RVP, you can understand, since he's missed at least half a proper pre-season, but Shinji's has been excellent.

mil6es

Really don't know how you can make such a prediction.

Rodgers said after the game that there's still one or two signings to make, bear in mind how we had no clue about Assaidi until it had been agreed, and after the result against West Brom I'm sure both FSG and the coaching staff will have been even more eager to strengthen the squad.

Because I feel these moves are dependant on us shifting players/deadweight which is gonna be a hard task also time is running out.

With the wealth of attacking options United now possess, I'd be embarrassed if Young starts this evening.
So what if he does. It's the result that'll matter at the end of the evening.

No idea if he starts or not but I won't be surprised if he does. He's a PL regular and will offer good defensive cover too, and he didn't have a bad season last year really did he, was a pretty decent first year. The new players will still be bedding in and Everton away is a tough debut game. Equally likely they could start, there's really no way of knowing and I'm not sure there's really a "right" choice either.

FWIW I think Welbeck will start along-side Rooney today, reckon we'll see a bit of smart man management from Fergie there.

#basedglazers

What's CalcioMercato. Sounds Italian, therefore dodgy.

Italian source, eh? About as likely as Kaka then.

Mexico did do well at the Olympics though, y'know, winning the thing. And Fergie has been known to have a soft touch for tournament signings in the past. /muppetfuel

Feorax

Because I feel these moves are dependant on us shifting players/deadweight which is gonna be a hard task also time is running out.

I would hope that the owners would have realised by now, with this being their fourth transfer window in charge, that sell to buy is a fucking awful policy.

Get the players in, then shift the deadweight. If we manage to somehow get £20 million for Carroll on deadline day, that money is of no use whatsoever.

Kyoufu

FWIW I think Welbeck will start along-side Rooney today, reckon we'll see a bit of smart man management from Fergie there.

After you robbed me I'm going with the opposite of your predictions.

RVP will start.

I would hope that the owners would have realised by now, with this being their fourth transfer window in charge, that sell to buy is a fucking awful policy.

Get the players in, then shift the deadweight. If we manage to somehow get £20 million for Carroll on deadline day, that money is of no use whatsoever.

Nobody is giving you 20 for Carroll. Sorry :(

Wait, why do the papers think Kagawa, one of United's two marquee signings, who was incidentally one of their best players in preseason, is going to be on the bench?

ElyrionX

So, I have a friend on FB who's been a fan of Liverpool since 1993 or something and he switched teams to United after Liverpool's loss to WBA over the weekend. He "liked" the United fan page on FB and posted pics of himself with a newly-acquired United replica kit. I'm not sure if he's serious.

Anyone else seen something like this happening to your friends before? What are your thoughts?

Wait, why do the papers think Kagawa, one of United's two marquee signings, who was incidentally one of their best players in preseason, is going to be on the bench?
They're just guessing, nobody knows.

It's basically because everybody thinks in the 4 attacking positions Rooney will start and then there are basically 6/7 players who can fit around him.

Saying that, ha, it would be pretty funny if Rooney was the one on the bench. That would be an interesting move by Frogson.

dc89

ARGH!

I'm really stuck on RE5.

The bit where Sheva goes up in the lift and the Lickers chase her, there's just too many of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom