• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
1) Playing with two CMs in the holding midfield.
2) Playing strikers as wingers (Welbeck, RvP).
3) babykagawacrying.jpg

:) Great match.

Sappy113

Well, it's usually enough to get by most of the league, and usually Nani/Young/Valencia aren't quite THAT bad, but we got found out last season. Press us for any amount of time and generally be physical and we're fucked.

Yup, same thing is gonna bite in Europe. If you can't physically impose your will on the opposing team, you'll be hard pressed to fight through a game when the passing game isn't flowing. United are utterly incapable of either, judging from tonight.

Garjon

Everton fully deserve the three points. I don't know if they were that good or if United were just that bad but United were so fucking clueless. No creativity whatsoever across the 90 minutes. The same old tactics constantly being cut out every time. United paid the price for their reluctance to have a crack and are looking very flaccid up front. Fellaini though is in another league; I don't know if Everton are willing to sell him, but either way, his price just went up by a few million.

gg Everton. Fully deserved to take the three points, you were well beyond us on the day.

I'm not going to make any thoughtless overreactions to the defeat in the opener. It's a long season, and United's not DOOMEZ. But we played awfully on the night.

No pace, width, or creativity in the attack, the midfield was being overrun, and our makeshift backline was just not enough. Thank De Gea for keeping it a respectable scoreline with good saves, and I think Kagawa played well enough, but everyone else was either invisible or actively horrible. We'll have to improve if we want to mount a challenge for the title.

LegoArmo

Midfield was fine that match, apart from Scholes and his tackling. The front 3 being completely shit the whole game was the problem. Nani and Rooney were a disgrace.

ElyrionX

Well, it's usually enough to get by most of the league, and usually Nani/Young/Valencia aren't quite THAT bad, but we got found out last season. Press us for any amount of time and generally be physical and we're fucked.

Yep. This feels like last season. No creativity in the final third. Just a lot of useless sideway passes and ineffective crosses.

We need to stop playing Scholes because I think he contributes to the problem.

Arnie

fIJZK.jpg

kharma45

Valencia was a poor gamble at RB.

Nani was his usual self, passing was poor from everyone bar Kagawa. Evra, dear god.

Rooney carried over his form from last year it seems too...

Stubo

Well fuck.

Only impressed with Kagawa and DDG. Rooney perked up a little in the second half. Nani was fucking dire. Dire. Dire dire dire.

Need a response next week. Because that was shit.

Well done to Everton though, they were magnificent. Looking forward to Lolchester tonight(!)

Such a hard place to come, couldn't get through them at the end. Fucking shite
Basically all of this.

The midfield really did look crippled especially without Carrick in there, ridiculous CB circumstances left little choice though. Have to feel for him with the nature of the goal, he never really stood a chance.

Considering the attack was supposed to be this unstoppable force I feel very underwhelmed, but this was largely down to the exceptional defensive discipline of Everton. Kagawa was really a true stand out player though. Anyone making a 'shirt seller' comment with a serious face on has reason to reconsider already.

Congrats to Everton of course, thoroughly frustrated by that blunt display...ugh!

Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs.

That was depressing. Basically bullied out of the match. But away from Fellaini basically doing as he pleased we didn't really play well.

And mostly a really worrying lack of desire I thought. I thought we could slip up here but I expected a real good fight from us and we were just so limp.

ShogunX

I'm still laughing at the RVP purchase.

What a waste of money. The funniest part is he's wearing the # 20. What a curse!

Well according to a few people ''ITK'' Newcastle will also be buying a striker they don't really need before the window shuts :)

Carbonox

FC Twente chairman on Douglas:

“The clubs [Newcastle and Fulham] have expressed an interest to want to do business.

“We have not heard anything concrete yet, but if a proper offer is made, we will sell him because he will leave next year on a free transfer.”

Please happen. :(

Rad-

Meh that was rubbish by United. But it's just the first game. Players around Kagawa weren't clearly gelled to his style of play yet.

I think Rooney was one of the big problems tonight. He tried to play his recent seasons deep playing striker playstyle but it won't obviously work now that Kagawa is there. Rooney needs to go back to his Ronaldo era style, or at least more similar to that.

doicare

Golf clap for Everton, lump the ball up to Fellaini all game then put 10 men behind the ball when they don't have it and just hope the ball keeps falling to them in their box, bravo.

dc89

"Marouane Fellaini was absolutely outstanding tonight. I'm so impressed by his performance. Great again for Belgian football. #Belgium"

Kompany on Twitter.

He'll be having a word with his boss in the morning.

"Errr boss. If deDay doesn't come off I have the next best thing."

kharma45

Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs.

That was depressing. Basically bullied out of the match. But away from Fellaini basically doing as he pleased we didn't really play well.

And mostly a really worrying lack of desire I thought. I thought we could slip up here but I expected a real good fight from us and we were just so limp.

Most players out there looked like they'd rather be anywhere than on the pitch.

At least Anderson gave it a go when he came on.

Time for about 8 hours of football manager.
So jealous. I'd just got Blackburn back to the big show after years of them languishing in Championship mediocrity (my career prior was taking Cherry Orchard from the Irish First Division to a second-place finish in the Premier, and Foggia from Serie C1 to Serie B) when I remembered I had a masters thesis due in about five weeks.

The best part was I was teaching Blackburn to tiki-taka.

Golf clap for Everton, lump the ball up to Fellaini all game then put 10 men behind the ball when they don't have it and just hope the ball keeps falling to them in their box, bravo.

lol, did you watch the same game as us? Everton played some great football in the first half, united couldnt handle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom