• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Didn't look like United had a plan at all for Fellaini. For 90 entire minutes he dominated, poor poor Carrick.

Also a pretty awesome week for Tim Howard.

fuenf

Kroos can cover the CM position quite well. Our best matches last season were with Kroos-Gustavo midfield.

let's hope so.

btw. Sammer just confirmed that Bilbao is holding up the Martinez transfer but he wouldnt give any explanation. However, some journalist claims that he will be presented tomorrow.

pappe

Golf clap for Everton, lump the ball up to Fellaini all game then put 10 men behind the ball when they don't have it and just hope the ball keeps falling to them in their box, bravo.
After Chelsea won the damn UCL playing that way. Every mid table is going to play similarly. Nothing wrong with that.

Kweh

A0xQoZCCIAAa3Pk.jpg:large

Fry

Time for about 8 hours of football manager.

Last time I played FM:

It was FM11. I said to myself 'ok, let's give this a try, it's been a while'. I spent friday, saturday and sunday playing it. The whole three days! Then I uninstalled and never played again.

I know I'd ruin my life if I got stuck in a game like that. I'm already worried about Fifa.

Arnie

The best part was I was teaching Blackburn to tiki-taka.

I tried that at Blackpool but it all went tits up; turns out Neal Eardley and Ian Evett can't pass it out of defence, no matter how hard you try.

Ended up resigning in November.

Golf clap for Everton, lump the ball up to Fellaini all game then put 10 men behind the ball when they don't have it and just hope the ball keeps falling to them in their box, bravo.

Omar?

Soi-Fong

Didn't look like United had a plan at all for Fellaini. For 90 entire minutes he dominated, poor poor Carrick.

Also a pretty awesome week for Tim Howard.

Having Ferdinand injured did not help at all. May have been better to use Evans even if he wasn't match fit. We needed Carrick in midfield.

Gambit

Kroos can cover the CM position quite well. Our best matches last season were with Kroos-Gustavo midfield.

that's true - at times. When Kroos sees the stage befitting to his talent, he will boss the Real midfield. When he plays against teams below him, he doesn't give a toss.

Nevertheless, an in-form Schweinsteiger elevates the whole team, I think. At least he did at the beginning of last season.

Wilbur

Banned
Nathan Dyer goals this season - 2
Nani goals this season - 0

Fixed

Honestly, really poor. Too often we use Evra as an attacking outlet just passing it across the field. Would like to say it's because we've got a patched up defence but the attack was extremely nullified tonight.

Fuck the Kagawa naysayers, he was very good. Very bright, lots of good passes, turns, running into space. Needed Rooney and Nani on song and didn't get it though.

doicare

lol, did you watch the same game as us? Everton played some great football in the first half, united couldnt handle them.
Most of Everton's attacks came from just lumping the ball to Marouane Fellaini then playing from the knock/chest downs and they played SO well they managed a stunning 31% Possession.

Soi-Fong

Fixed

Honestly, really poor. Too often we use Evra as an attacking outlet just passing it across the field. Would like to say it's because we've got a patched up defence but the attack was extremely nullified tonight.

Fuck the Kagawa naysayers, he was very good. Very bright, lots of good passes, turns, running into space. Needed Rooney and Nani on song and didn't get it though.

Yeah Kagawa was the only positive I saw, tried to look for open spaces and such. He had two good through-balls that were wasted. DDG also saved our asses from getting hammered with goals.

People will keep on under-rating Kagawa, but Rooney was not on the same wavelenght. Rooney has to remember to stay up top above Kagawa, but he keeps on going too deep still.

Brinbe

Sack Fergie, Sell Giggs.

That was depressing. Basically bullied out of the match. But away from Fellaini basically doing as he pleased we didn't really play well.

And mostly a really worrying lack of desire I thought. I thought we could slip up here but I expected a real good fight from us and we were just so limp.

I already got rid of those expectations after we did shit all against Basel in the CL last year.

Clegg

I was extremely impressed by Kagawa. He had his head up all evening and was always looking to find space. Some of his passing was exceptional too. Rooney was poor and took up space that could have been better utilized by Kagawa. Nani was shockingly bad, as was Evra. De Gea had a good game and thats about it. Everyone else was meh.

Everton played very well obviously. Fellaini bossed us like he did at Old Trafford. Midfield is still a problem for us. United need to play much better than that.

Would Carrick at Cm and a proper defender improved our chances?
It definitely would because Ferdinand is a defender for one. And secondly in midfield Carrick at least thinks defensively, Clev and Scholes lose their runners so often because they just notice things a second too late.

The midfield in today's teams doesn't have any defensive sensibility to it, and so even if Fellaini wasn't just winning everything, it could very easily be exposed by basic passing and movement.

Garjon

Most of Everton's attacks came from just lumping the ball to Marouane Fellaini then playing from the knock/chest downs and they played SO well they managed a stunning 31% Possession.

Well shame on United for not figuring that out tonight. Or in the 4-4 at Old Trafford.

They only have themselves to blame, every attack was toothless. If just one of those crosses was even slightly accurate, you might have a point. No one wanted to be the winning player tonight.

pappe

It definitely would because Ferdinand is a defender for one. And secondly in midfield Carrick at least thinks defensively, Clev and Scholes lose their runners so often because they just notice things a second too late.

The midfield in today's teams doesn't have any defensive sensibility to it, and so even if Fellaini wasn't just winning everything, it could very easily be exposed by basic passing and movement.

Enormously. Any sort of CM with a physical presence would've made a huge difference.

Then why didn't we just promote a CB from reserves and play Carrick in CM?

I too thought Kagawa was a sole positive. The way he plays is just so good to watch, he set up 3 pretty clear cut chances too so as a role of creator, he did his job.

Was definitely quieter in the second half but you could clearly see he is a good player.

I'm sure by the end of the season everyone will be rating him very highly, whether they do now or not.

Wilbur

Banned

i agree with doicare fellaini is just large that is the only reason everton won we are too small oh woop de fucking doo barcelona are small look its got nothing to do with our height we kept possession and if we were against a teamw ith normal sized huiman beings we would win th eleague easy

Soi-Fong

Well shame on United for not figuring that out tonight. Or in the 4-4 at Old Trafford.

They only have themselves to blame, every attack was toothless. If just one of those crosses was even slightly accurate, you might have a point. No one wanted to be the winning player tonight.

Stop acting as if United's only attempts came from crosses. They didn't. Weren't you watching the match? Stop being so bias. Kagawa had 2 good through balls especially one that Welbeck wasted.

Scum

GK de Gea

DR Rafael
DC Vidic
DC Sakho
DL Criscito

CM Carrick
CM Sahin

AMR Valencia
AMC Kagawa
AML van Persie

FC Rooney