• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

He's a new signing - he's just come in the team and played his first competitive match and he's already your creator? I don't understand this. He comes from a different league, he's been played out of position and while he showed some great quality on the ball, but he was only present to play a few forward passes and make runs here and there. He created one real clear cut chance, and could have done more if he had the ball more, but they didn't pass to him, but he's not ready to be United's main creative force.

While this is true, clearly Kagawa will need more time to gel with the team. Rooney has to learn for the better of the team that he should no longer shoulder all of the play-making duties since he can provide better for the team by staying up top where he can utilize his finishing abilities.

Kagawa was brought in to be our main creator and United will have to change their way of thinking and put just a bit more trust on Kagawa.

Wilbur

Banned
Its a bit early to be criticizing RVP. He was only on for 20 mins and our creativity just wasn't there.

If we're to judge a players ability from their first showing of the season then Silva, Rooney and Gerrard are all shite. So lets not do that.

Yeah dc and The Other One with their 'lol best partnership in the world'... one of your 'best partnership' is injured dc and Arsenal don't even have a striker that's a) played in the league and b) is any fucking good between them, so they can leave it out.

Fair enough, Everton totally deserved the win. But coupled with having the good name of Manchester United sullied by some fucking dickhead fans chanting, doicare acting as if its a typical asset for a United fan to have to act moronic, and our general shit performance has made me a little moody.

Jabo

I can't believe it.... It's official, 7m + Cassano for Pazzini....... What an ungrateful dickwad, after all what we've done for him and after all what their fans said about him.

BJnAR.jpg

GorillaJu

I think Kagawa would have made a better sub. Start RVP instead of Welbeck, play Carrick/Cleverly in CM with Valencia and Nani/Young on the wings, then take off a winger (whoever is affecting the game less) for Kagawa late on to play in the hole.

I think you guys are expecting too much of Shinji, too early on. He'll show his class, starting a match away at a rough stadium for Manchester United is too much for mostly anyone to handle.

I didn't think Kagawa played out of position? Thought he played most of the game very much in his favoured position really. Dropped deeper at times in the second half but that was kinda inevitable as he went looking for the ball.

doicare

So what, you think you just got unlucky that you caught them on a good night? You got absolutely battered. Everton created the better chances and were unlucky to hit the bar twice. De Gea was the only one keeping you in the game for the first half.
No you're right, Everton are definitively better then Manchester United, they're title contenders.
I really shouldn't respond to you but I'm bored so whatever.

Then why bring up their 31% possession? What relevance does it have? None.
Because when a team can only manage 31% possession that means they were outplayed for the majority of the match.
Teams don't play identically in different games. Surprise surprise.
Quality wise they should be roughly the same, if Everton played 'that well' every week they would be title contenders and considering they're not just goes to prove that luck was on their side tonight and everything went right for them.
Give it a rest. Every time Man Utd lose or under perform you are in here with terrible excuses and strangely wonder why nobody agrees with you or shares the same opinion.

Everton played well and deserved the three points. Move on.
Just stating the facts.
What?
I said that if just one of those crosses was anywhere near a United player then you'd have a point; every cross was miles away from a United head, Everton didn't even need 10 men behind the ball, they defend like that anyway. Or are you seriously doubting Everton's general aerial ability?
Everton defended well above their usual standards tonight.

So which game do you guys think will be better to watch tomorrow, Copenhagen-Lille or 'gladbach- Dinamo Kiev? Good thing the Spartak-Fenerbahce game is earlier so I can watch two games. Love me some Champions League football.

No you're right, Everton are definitively better then Manchester United, they're title contenders.

Because when a team can only manage 31% possession that means they were outplayed for the majority of the match.
Teams don't play identically in different games. Surprise surprise.
Quality wise they should be roughly the same, if Everton played 'that well' every week they would be title contenders and considering they're not just goes to prove that luck was on their side tonight and everything went right for them.

Just stating the facts.
As I read this my eyes genuinely widened...haha.

K1LLER7

Neville got it right, Kagawa wasn't passed the ball as much as he should have. He can take the ball it tight spaces yet the other players always looked for safer options, passing mainly towards the wings.

Other teams would deal with Fellani much better than United did. They'll put a lot more pressure on him when he has the ball. Today he had too much time on the ball. Atleast the team won't be dealing with players like him every week.

I think Kagawa would have made a better sub. Start RVP instead of Welbeck, play Carrick/Cleverly in CM with Valencia and Nani/Young on the wings, then take off a winger (whoever is affecting the game less) for Kagawa late on to play in the hole.

I think you guys are expecting too much of Shinji, too early on. He'll show his class, starting a match away at a rough stadium for Manchester United is too much for mostly anyone to handle.

What on earth are you talking about? He was the only United player that actually performed.

:lol

Wilbur

Banned
lol don't ignore the other part! That makes me look mean. I said "he just isn't good enough anymore"

I agree with you on the most part BUT RYAN SHAWCROSS IS A DEFENDER FOR STOKE YOU SHOULD NEVER COMPARE ANYONE TO THAT ANIMAL LET ALONE SIR PAUL SCHOLES

Far too slow for a game like tonight. Fellaini and Cleverley would have been a better midfield pairing. Fuck life.

I think he did show his class. Of course he can play better than he did tonight, but he was our only bright outfield player. Don't agree he should have come on late when throughout the game he looked like the only one that could possibly break through. Starting Welbeck and Kagawa over RVP was a bit of good man management I thought.

Besides, Carrick had to play in CB assuming we weren't going to throw a youth player in at the deep end.

Clegg

I don't think we're expecting too much of him tbh. We expected him to play well and he did. Was our best outfield player by a mile.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
xFBFY.jpg

From left to right: Asamoah, Isla, Pogbatrayer and Zabo's golden boy Boakye.

Fellaini beat Vidic to every ball anyway.

He bossed it.

You don't have to beat him in the air, at least prevent him from having an easy header on goal.

Welbeck was equally at fault (if not more) his job was to cover the left post but he left his position.

flippedb

Banned
I can't believe it.... It's official, 7m + Cassano for Pazzini....... What an ungrateful dickwad, after all what we've done for him and after all what their fans said about him.

http://i.imgur.com/BJnAR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

So it's done? Cassano left us? :(

D_prOdigy

BBC's Pat Nevin reckons Van Persie came on as "a number 10, off a main striker".

Would be lols, because that would mean we didn't even have a 'striker' in the last twenty minutes.

What happened to that young CB we signed from City a while ago? Think we should give one of our young defenders a chance instead of playing Carrick out of position.

FootballFan

So which game do you guys think will be better to watch tomorrow, Copenhagen-Lille or 'gladbach- Dinamo Kiev? Good thing the Spartak-Fenerbahce game is earlier so I can watch two games. Love me some Champions League football.

I think Gladbach - Kiev will be better. Gladbach made some good signings and I think it will an even match. According to WoodenLung, Copenhagen will lose for sure so that match might be really one-sided.

Yeah I'm not sure with this point. Don't think anybody who is a United fan is criticizing Kagawa or saying he should have done more.

He's our sole positive and I'm pretty happy with the way he played..

Yeah like I mentioned before, kinda like Cazorla for Arsenal, Kagawa looked better than the rest.

Clegg

Yeah I'm not sure with this point. Don't think anybody who is a United fan is criticizing Kagawa or saying he should have done more.

He's our sole positive and I'm pretty happy with the way he played..

I thought De Gea was a positive too.

Made some decent saves and looked slightly less flappy when coming out for crosses.

Wilbur

Banned
While Rooney was pretty horrible tonite he did better than Welbeck in getting some attacks going. Apart from the run that Welbeck did to get on goal, I didn't really see much else from him.

Agreed with that. Rooney was shite in the first half and while he was at fault for dropping too deep in the second, there was some nice exchanges with Kagawa.

Pretty disappointed. Can't wait until next week and a chance for us to put it right.

Tc91

BBC's Pat Nevin reckons Van Persie came on as "a number 10, off a main striker".

Would be lols, because that would mean we didn't even have a 'striker' in the last twenty minutes.

We didn't have a striker in the whole game.

Everyone got attracted to something out on the wing.

Akira

To get the best out of Kagawa, the team must believe in him. That's what Dortmund was good at. They committed in every attack, the back line would often make a long pass to Kagawa in the middle where he could thread gems to either Lewandowski up front or to the wide players like Kuba/Goetze or Schmelzer/Piszczek who would absolutely commit and bomb forward.

There was an instance in the Barca friendly where Kagawa made a monstrous dribble to set up a counter but the other players were just looking at him waiting to see what he would do. Once they get more used to his style of play and believe that he can create those chances, that's when United will begin to be a major offensive force.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
doicare said:
if Everton played 'that well' every week they would be title contenders and considering they're not just goes to prove that luck was on their side tonight and everything went right for them.

It's called stepping up against big teams.

GorillaJu

Hahaha. Hahahaha. This is fantastic logic. Because they're not title contenders, they should lose. This is wonderful stuff. Anything else before I go back to sleep?

kharma45

Well now I've got a keyboard I can finally put some thoughts down.

Everton were great that cannot be taken away from them, Fellaini was immense up front and bullied every United player who tried to mark him. Took his header well (crazy to have Carrick on him though) and held up the ball with such consumate ease I simply had to sit back and enjoy.

United, well, part of me would like to be patient and tell myself it'll all be OK but these are all the same problems from last year coming up again to rear their ugly head.

Starting at the back, Evra was... adequate in defence. Made some mistakes, made some good choices but it was his going forward that totally marred his game. Dribbling was awful, decision making was absurdly bad and crossing was Bebe-like. Valencia was totally found out at RB, he's a very limited player and that's fine when he's on the wing but not in defence. I'd actually thought he'd be alright there at RB for the most part but Everton tore him a new one. Carrick gave a decent attempt at being a CB, and Vidic lacked sharpness, as well as looking rather under-weight.

Into midfield, oh dear. Scholes' passing and vision was a poor imitation of what even he did last year, and his tackling still is a huge problem. He was lucky not to be sent off and I feel contributed little overall, I would honestly rather have seen Anderson played. He at least had a go when he came on and didn't just simply pass the ball out to the flanks. Cleverly seemed anonymous apart from his chance which should've had the laces put through it. Nani was what I feel was his usual self, totally unfathomable. How can a player with so much talent do so little? Poor dribbling, poor crossing, poor decisions and embarrassing corner kicks.

Kagawa, now he was a bright point. Looked hungry to play, had sharp movement and passing but United lacked any drive and pace to make him appear at his best. The rest of the team let him down. Welbeck was wasted on the wing, he was slow with ball at feet and I don't remember anything he did all night that was good or bad.

As for Rooney, looks like he's carried in his form from last year. He too did little, dropped far too deep and lacked any drive or determination. De Gea looked reasonably solid for the most part, some good saves but still needs to command his box better.

Subs wise already mentioned Anderson, RVP had no service really but did have one bright link-up with Kagawa. Young was poor but still managed to do more than Nani.

Overall it's the same problems as ever. Shaky left back and a lack of a player to win the ball in midfield. Unless we sign someone to slot in who can win the ball back and distribute it cleanly we're going to have a lot of problems this year.

pappe

I dunno what game people were watching, I thought Kagawa was brilliant. Once Rooney him and RVP get accustomed to each other we will be great.
We have new players and we are adopting a new system and we were playing against our bogey team. It happens. But I assure u this will not be repeated once our CB's r back and our front 3 have played 4-5 matches together. I am positive and I don't think we will struggle this season.

Having said that, SAF, you stubborn old man. Buy a goddam Fellaini!!

Hahaha. Hahahaha. This is fantastic logic. Because they're not title contenders, they should lose. This is wonderful stuff. Anything else before I go back to sleep?
I can't believe you're actually staying awake to talk football with DOICARE.

I wish everybody could just ignore this guy...

FootballFan

Still 1-0 to Sampdoria, tame match, Villa should come off now, no point getting starters tired(especially Villa who just came back from an injury and played 24 hours ago)

Clegg

Does SAF really think we don't need a good CM?

We've bought well this year imo but we still haven't even tried to address our biggest weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom