• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

20 min of pre-season. 20 min in the game. And he's only signed Friday...

Yup he's horrible. /sarcasm

lol I don't give a fuck.

euro_guy_dancing28jpe.gif

PaulLFC

Because when a team can only manage 31% possession that means they were outplayed for the majority of the match.
Absolute bollocks. All the possession in the world means nothing if you don't utilise it effectively.

Quality wise they should be roughly the same, if Everton played 'that well' every week they would be title contenders and considering they're not just goes to prove that luck was on their side tonight and everything went right for them.
Again, complete rubbish. Teams play differently every week, if you're seriously trying to say that that was all down to "luck" for Everton and not a) them playing well, and b) United doing next to nothing all game, then you've been watching a different game of football to everyone else.

Rad-

BBC's Pat Nevin reckons Van Persie came on as "a number 10, off a main striker".

Would be lols, because that would mean we didn't even have a 'striker' in the last twenty minutes.

United didn't really have a "striker" back in 2007 era either. Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez all had quite fluid roles back then. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson wanted this to happen again with Rooney, RVP and Kagawa.

doicare

It's called stepping up against big teams.
So you're saying that Everton don't really try against most teams and they only play better against a select few teams?..... Because of course it couldn't possibly be that they try as hard in every game but in some games things just goes their way and they end up looking better because of it.
Hahaha. Hahahaha. This is fantastic logic. Because they're not title contenders, they should lose. This is wonderful stuff. Anything else before I go back to sleep?
Nope because they are a worse team then United and only won because they had most things go their way before and during the match.

Soi-Fong

It seemed as if Kagawa was played on the wing.

Neville talking a lot of sense about Liverpool. Think he's right.

Would not be surprised. Rooney is way too (conceited?) to allow Kagawa to stay in the middle the whole game.

If anything, I'm kinda glad RVP is here since Welbeck was so effing horrible today.

FootballFan

Thank you Barca for not humiliating Ciro Ferrara <3

That's their coach right? They have been playing pretty good to be honest, granted its against our B team + Afellay and Villa, but still, not bad.

edit
That reminds me, GAF-Messi is at the game.

GorillaJu

No he wasn't, was in the centre almost the whole game. Did you watch it?

He took up positions centrally, but it looked like he was played on the wing.

DDG
Valencia Carrick Vidic Evra
Kagawa Cleverly Scholes Nani
Rooney Welbeck

is what the formation looked to me.

DDG
Rooney Welbeck

Nah whilst Welbeck was on it was very much a 4231 with Welbeck starting out on the left.

Will wait for the heat-maps but Kagawa played centrally for the most part for sure I think.

kharma45

Nobody like my first megapost? :p :(

DDG
Rooney Welbeck

Say what?

It was more like

DDG
Cleverly Scholes
Nani Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney

GorillaJu

I hadn't thought of that lol

What's he saying?

Says that the WBA game was a special circumstance where normally good CBs are still in pre-season mode and made poor errors, and that players like Downing need to change their mentality and expect to score more goals.

Honestly he's been going on for about 10 minutes and everything he's saying is spot on, can't relay it all but it's 100% accurate IMO.

ShogunX

Nah whilst Welbeck was on it was very much a 4231 with Welbeck starting out on the left.

Will wait for the heat-maps but Kagawa played centrally for the most part for sure I think.

Cant make my mind up about Welbeck. He flatters to deceive on a lot of occasions but obviously scores a few goals so his selection is justified. I know he's only 21 and has a lot of room to improve but I'm not sure he's worth 75k a week.

Salvadora

That pretty much summed up my thoughts on United as well.
Says that the WBA game was a special circumstance where normally good CBs are still in pre-season mode and made poor errors, and that players like Downing need to change their mentality and expect to score more goals.

Honestly he's been going on for about 10 minutes and everything he's saying is spot on, can't relay it all but it's 100% accurate IMO.
Neville is usually pretty spot on.

GorillaJu

Say what?

It was more like

DDG
Cleverly Scholes
Nani Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney

To me, it looked like he was drifting around the right side, switching in and out with Nani a bit. You're right though Nani was definitely not on the left. LOL your formation is way closer to reality than mine was. Just couldn't figure out where Welbeck would fit in since I thought there was no way he'd be played out wide.

kharma45

Cant make my mind up about Welbeck. He flatters to deceive on a lot of occasions but obviously scores a few goals so his selection is justified. I know he's only 21 and has a lot of room to improve but I'm not sure he's worth 75k a week.

Welbeck is alright but I can't see him living up to the hype placed upon him.

He's done better than I thought though.

To me, it looked like he was drifting around the right side, switching in and out with Nani a bit. You're right though Nani was definitely not on the left. LOL your formation is way closer to reality than mine was. Just couldn't figure out where Welbeck would fit in since I thought there was no way he'd be played out wide.

Welbeck being on the left was the main reason why he was so shite :lol

doicare

Absolute bollocks. All the possession in the world means nothing if you don't utilise it effectively.
Nope it's as simple as this, if Everton defended that 'expertly' every week i wouldn't say a thing but the fact is they don't defend that well every week and in their box the ball fell to them all night long including many last ditch tackles and a shot cleared off the line, United had most of the ball and all Everton did was hoof the ball to Fellaini and play from their.

Again, complete rubbish. Teams play differently every week, if you're seriously trying to say that that was all down to "luck" for Everton and not a) them playing well, and b) United doing next to nothing all game, then you've been watching a different game of football to everyone else.
More or less everything went right for them tonight, luck was on their side.

Zabojnik

xFBFY.jpg

From left to right: Asamoah, Isla, Pogbatrayer and Zabo's golden boy Boakye.

Looks like we have our new Elia! :p Kwadwo 'after training I go home and read' Awesomoah looks a bit out of place with these party-boys. :D Isla is such a tamarro, geez.

That's their coach right? They have been playing pretty good to be honest, granted its against our B team + Afellay and Villa, but still, not bad.

That's encouraging, as they've just been eliminated from Coppa Italia by Juve Stabia, a Serie B team.

K1LLER7

The team we saw in the last 20 mins when Welbeck was subbed was probably the team we'll use as our first 11. only difference would be Carrick in for Scholes and Rio back in CB. Rafael at RB

FootballFan

Oh! Dongou got subbed in, awesome. Next Eto'o!(he is from Cameroon and is a bad ass striker) Just had a good chance already. Too bad only 5mins left.

That's encouraging, as they've just been eliminated from Coppa Italia by Juve Stabia, a Serie B team.

Lol, damn.

Camp Nou whistling our players, can't get through Sampdoria, all at the back defending. Hahah.

Meier

Sounds like Sinclair to City is close. £5m price with Swansea essentially using that £5m to then fund their purchase of Ki from Celtic.

Jabo

Pazzini-Milan, è fatta. Il Milan verserà 7 milioni all'Inter. Domani le visite mediche

KWOf7.png

What is this......this......FILTH

ShogunX

Pazzini-Milan, è fatta. Il Milan verserà 7 milioni all'Inter. Domani le visite mediche

http://i.imgur.com/KWOf7.png[IMG]

What is this......this......this FILTH?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know because like the majority of people on this board I don't read Italian/Ignorant Englishman.

elseanio

Nope it's as simple as this, if Everton defended that 'expertly' every week i wouldn't say a thing but the fact is they don't defend that well every week and in their box the ball fell to them all night long including many last ditch tackles and a shot cleared off the line, United had most of the ball and all Everton did was hoof the ball to Fellaini and play from their.

More or less everything went right for them tonight, luck was on their side.

Luck was on their side, despite hitting the woodwork twice, and forcing De Gea into plenty of worldy saves?

United didn't trouble Howard at all. They had one ball cleared off the line by some BRILLIANT defending. It wasn't by luck that he was on the line either, it was his reading of what was happening.

Feorax

Gary Jacob from the Times has just tweeted that Arsenal have hit a stumbling block re negotiations for Sahin, and are now looking at alternatives.

SMFH if true....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom