• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Looking forward to the weekend's games.

Chelsea vs Newcastle
Liverpool vs Man City

Both should be interesting games. Bring it on.

GorillaJu

Suarez: He's going to score a lot, agrees he is occasionally wasteful but his movement and skill in the box is really great, feels he's unlucky not to score more but it's because Liverpool's midfielders aren't in the mentality that they can score every time Liverpool have the ball, so players like Downing, Lucas, etc. aren't pushing up and attacking the ball. Relying too much on Suarez, who can be a great player but he's not THE MAN.

Carroll: says well if we do get rid of him we'll have to replace him. He's been good last year and there's no reason we couldn't work him into the system after his good performances this year. Indeed he may not fit well into Rodgers' style, but he's what we have, so if we do get rid of him, we'd be idiots not to get a top quality replacement

general performance: We looked shellshocked after the goal and sending off, the goal was a freak and one like which you'll almost never see. We just looked sluggish at the back and playing "un-Liverpool-like"

Carra/Agger/Skrtel: Top class CBs making silly mistakes, probably won't ever happen again like this. Hesitates to call Skrtel's penalty a pen, but says his lapse of concentration is at fault and he shouldn't allow himself to be at risk for those mistakes. Agger's he says is a definite pen.

Season expectations: top 6 may be a realistic outcome but thinks Liverpool should be aiming for the title and take what we get. the size and stature of the club is too great to be looking just to be in amongst the boys at the top

I don't think there's anything here you won't get from The Anfield Wrap or the Tomkins Times in terms of accuracy, but it's nice to hear on Sky. You can tell he was being baited here and there into saying something Jamie Redknapp-esque, but kept his cool and gave a really honest breakdown. I'm probably missing some stuff but I was nodding my head listening to pretty much everything he said.

Wilbur

Banned
Sounds like Sinclair to City is close. £5m price with Swansea essentially using that £5m to then fund their purchase of Ki from Celtic.

Ki's great but Sinclair will be a big miss, because I don't think Routledge is good enough. Need someone to play on the left of Graham and Dyer... unless De Guzman can play there?

United seriously have to get rid of the mentality of pass wide when the middle is packed..
Problem is it's too predictable so teams are happy to sit there and let us go wide and back themselves to clear it.

We didn't even make Everton think for a minute we'd go through the middle or shoot from distance. Quite often it's doubt in the oppositions mind that creates the opening. Everton knew what to expect and were happy to let our players get to the byline and defended well from there.

GorillaJu

Nope it's as simple as this, if Everton defended that 'expertly' every week i wouldn't say a thing but the fact is they don't defend that well every week and in their box the ball fell to them all night long including many last ditch tackles and a shot cleared off the line, United had most of the ball and all Everton did was hoof the ball to Fellaini and play from their.

More or less everything went right for them tonight, luck was on their side.

"Luck" and "rare occurrence" are not the same. Like the pundits said, every Everton player put in a 10/10 performance. They were organized, defended excellently and bossed the midfield, where they have their greatest advantage.

ShogunX

I meant the pic actually.

Well a little bit of translation wouldn't go a miss for us terrible lazy people who only know one language. Like the post before about Cassano - That looked interesting but what did the banners say on the pictures?

Shinji was asking for the ball in the middle, but it seems the rest of the players aren't used to a player creating from there.

I DID
:'(

jb0NK5xRQK8wiY.jpg

Why

Wilbur

Banned
When RvP was subbed in, the whole formation became a huge mess.

Agreed with this, RVP didn't really stick to the middle and Kagawa and Rooney were in the same place. Rooney needs to play selflessly like he did when Ronaldo was there and let Kagawa do what he does.

Soi-Fong

Problem is it's too predictable so teams are happy to sit there and let us go wide and back themselves to clear it.

We didn't even make Everton think for a minute we'd go through the middle or shoot from distance. Quite often it's doubt in the oppositions mind that creates the opening. Everton knew what to expect and were happy to let our players get to the byline and defended well from there.

It's almost like they knew, this team is too dumb to pass to this Asian in the middle trying to make something happen so know what, just worry about the wings...

I understand it's the first match and it was Kagawa's debut, but seriously, almost all of our attacks that led to chances went through him.

"Everyone thinks it's been a tough time for me with my thoughts spilt between Marseille and Chelsea," said Azpilicueta.

"If my departure can help Marseille's finances, then it is a good deal for everyone concerned.

"I thank the club's fans for their standing ovation. They have always been good to me to me, even when things haven't gone well."

:D

doicare

Luck was on their side, despite hitting the woodwork twice, and forcing De Gea into plenty of worldy saves?

United didn't trouble Howard at all. They had one ball cleared off the line by some BRILLIANT defending. It wasn't by luck that he was on the line either, it was his reading of what was happening.
The first time they hit the post it was near the by line and was never going in and only clipped the outside of the post, not a great chance. Beyond that most of De Gea's saves were basic and Everton's Defenders had to make plenty of last ditch tackles, hardly one way, it ended up being 17 shots to 14.
"Luck" and "rare occurrence" are not the same. Like the pundits said, every Everton player put in a 10/10 performance. They were organized, defended excellently and bossed the midfield, where they have their greatest advantage.
You say tomato i say tomato

Jabo

Well a little bit of translation wouldn't go a miss for us terrible lazy people who only know one language. Like the post before about Cassano - That looked interesting but what did the banners say on the pictures?

Oh I apologize. Deal is officially done, Pazzini will undergo the medicals tomorrow for 7m plus Cassano.

Cassano will explain his departure in the coming days.

Inter fans banner says: Gattuso and Cassano an eye that can't see and a heart that can't beat (or something like that).

Kyoufu

"Everyone thinks it's been a tough time for me with my thoughts spilt between Marseille and Chelsea," said Azpilicueta.

"If my departure can help Marseille's finances, then it is a good deal for everyone concerned.

"I thank the club's fans for their standing ovation. They have always been good to me to me, even when things haven't gone well."

:D

Would he start for Newcastle? After all we have the almighty Danny Simpson.

FootballFan

Oh I apologize. Deal is officially done, Pazzini will undergo the medicals tomorrow for 7m plus Cssano.

Cssano will explain his departure in the coming days.

Inter fans banner says: Gattuso and Cassano an eye that can't see and a heart that can't beat (or something like that).

Watch the C-word. Edit just incase.

Soi-Fong

You bought him early. How the frack were they not taught to give him the ball in training by now?

When they see Shinji surrounded by guys in blues twice his size, the team doesn't want to try to pass to him. Really, they have to put a bit more trust in him.

I can imagine Shinji saying "baka" in his head over and over throughout the game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh I apologize. Deal is officially done, Pazzini will undergo the medicals tomorrow for 7m plus Cassano.

Inter fans are classless clowns, what else is new.

Arnie

The first time they hit the post it was near the by line and was never going in and only clipped the outside of the post, not a great chance. Beyond that most of De Gea's saves were basic and Everton's Defenders had to make plenty of last ditch tackles, hardly one way, it ended up being 17 shots to 14.

You say tomato i say tomato

Everton played you off the park. They bossed you. They were deserved winners. End of.

ShogunX

Thanks for that. So why does everyone hate Cassano now? betrayal?

Salvadora

"My agent is Moustapha Kamara, he is in Marseille and he has given a mandate to an agent in England to represent me," Konate told Sky Sports.

"Any club that is interested can contact Mr Joseph Donkor in England.

"I want to play in England. I loved the Olympics and the atmosphere in the stadiums. It is a great league. No disrespect to the Israel league, but the Premier League is top quality."
That's from Konate, Seen at the Olympics. Seemed talented so I'd like to have him in the league.

GorillaJu

Again, I think you guys who are upset over the lack of passes to Shinji have a point, definitely, but you're just expecting a little too much a little too soon.

There is no doubt that he will show his class over the season – the only things that could hamper that would be an injury or (less likely) a signing in his position.

Jabo

Oh sorry didn't know it was bannable. Got carried away.

Inter fans are classless clowns, what else is new.

we started it actually LOL huge banner "Facchetti's soul will be cursed tonight in heaven" or something along those lines. classless shit from both sides

FootballFan

Thanks for that. So why does everyone hate Cassano now? betrayal?

He is leaving because he see's Milan as a sinking ship after Ibras and Thiago Silvas departure. Milan have helped him get through his problems and supported him all the way etc and he is leaving just like that to a club rival. I think that's how the story goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom