• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Shame they had 50,000 printed.

elsk

Banned
He is leaving because he see's Milan as a sinking ship after Ibras and Thiago Silvas departure. Milan have helped him get through his problems and supported him all the way etc and he is leaving just like that to a club rival. I think that's how the story goes.

Milan is sinking, maybe. But Inter already sank

Soi-Fong

Everton played you off the park. They bossed you. They were deserved winners. End of.

Deserved winners.. Yeas.. Played us off the park.. No. Not trying to take anything away from Everton, but every threat came from Fellaini and if we had done better to contain him, Everton would have been shut down.

And I still have no effin idea why Carrick was covering Fellaini.

Meier

doicare is ignoring the fact that the shot and possession numbers aren't indicative of the game as a whole. Everton played a bit of a dangerous game and were okay just sitting back in defense for the last 30 minutes of the match. It almost bit them but they were up to the task. Jagielka's clearance off the line was brilliant.

GorillaJu

:lol reminds me of the 6-2 against Real Madrid, when Javier Garcia got subbed in, but his shirt red Gracia. How does that even happen to these huge clubs.

My co-worker when I was a graphic designer a few years ago once had a few thousand t-shirts printed up that said "SAN DIEGO STATE UNVERSITY"

Dyslexic fool didn't even know the difference between 'idea' and 'ideal' :lol

Mumei

Oh sorry didn't know it was bannable. Got carried away.

On the bright side, you have successfully performed the easiest trick for avoiding a ban when you've had a slip: Edit and a mea culpa.

I was just going to warn in any case, if they hadn't.

Jezabel

Again, I think you guys who are upset over the lack of passes to Shinji have a point, definitely, but you're just expecting a little too much a little too soon.

There is no doubt that he will show his class over the season – the only things that could hamper that would be an injury or (less likely) a signing in his position.

given more time and familiarity the passes will flow. Kagawa was one of the few positives from the match.

I cant believe how terrible Nani was, it was like he was there for the check

K1LLER7

Scholes, Kagawa and Cleverley all had passing accuracy above 90%, Rooney, Welbeck and Nani destroyed the attacks every time.
No movement up front and on the wings. Chicha would've been a great option up front today. Midfield would have created more chances IMO.

Would've loved to have Ki, exactly what we need. Swansea buying some good players

Jabo

He is leaving because he see's Milan as a sinking ship after Ibras and Thiago Silvas departure. Milan have helped him get through his problems and supported him all the way etc and he is leaving just like that to a club rival. I think that's how the story goes.

If he stayed he would have gotten 50% of his salary only at Samp but we came in and paid some of the money they owed Madrid on top of that just to take his ass and when he had his heart problem everyone waited for him and promised him a first team position when he returns and that he was an important part of the club.

dc89

Italian journo Gianluca Di Marzio claims that if #mcfc miss out on De Rossi which seems likely, they will go after France star Yann M'Vila.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
we started it actually LOL huge banner "Facchetti's soul will be cursed tonight in heaven" or something along those lines. classless shit from both sides
What's so classless about that? It's true.

Also...in heaven?
More like the last remains of a broken dream. In 10 days, after he moves to Tottenham, it'll be Llorente's turn. We are unable to sign a goddamn striker, this is ridiculous. Even Milan managed to sign Pazzini, never mind the circumstances.

;_;

I like that he's supporting Conte in court but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD go buy us a striker first. Your job is to BUY not be a fucking cheerleader. (although I would like to see that since we lost our BetClic cheerleaders now)

Think Giulia Bongiorno can play up front?

GorillaJu

I'd still take him to be honest, Even if it was just on loan.

I think the problem is that Arsene has had his eye on Sahin for years and the club isn't looking at him as a "filler" signing to keep things ticking for another year. They want to buy him.

Real is looking at it differently - it was a loan to Feyenoord that kickstarted his career at Dortmund in the first place, and it could happen again for Real at Arsenal, and with Xabi getting on a bit in years and not signing a new contract, Sahin would be the best like-for-like replacement available to them for the time being.

Salvadora

Italian journo Gianluca Di Marzio claims that if #mcfc miss out on De Rossi which seems likely, they will go after France star Yann M'Vila.

Hands off.

I think the problem is that Arsene has had his eye on Sahin for years and the club isn't looking at him as a "filler" signing to keep things ticking for another year. They want to buy him.

Real is looking at it differently - it was a loan to Feyenoord that kickstarted his career at Dortmund in the first place, and it could happen again for Real at Arsenal, and with Xabi getting on a bit in years and not signing a new contract, Sahin would be the best like-for-like replacement available to them for the time being.
I can see their point to be honest. I just hope it doesn't drag out for the rest of the window.

dc89

Shit. Apparently a renewed contract with Silva has stalled has he wants to be amongst the top earners and City aren't prepared to pay him that much.

Just get it done. Pay him whatever.

Yen

What?!

Shit. Apparently a renewed contract with Silva has stalled has he wants to be amongst the top earners and City aren't prepared to pay him that much.

This rumour is obv not true. How on earth can City argue he isn't worth the same as their top earners.

GorillaJu

A loan-to-buy is really bad business for the selling club, unless it's someone they absolutely want to get off the books, like we did with Aquilani and may do with Carroll. It puts the buying club at an advantage and they can surprise at the end by refusing to pay the agreed fee, or using loopholes to avoid activating the buy clause if it doesn't work out.

And in the case that the player hits really great form and would be of use once more to the sellers, they're left with their thumbs up their butts if the buyers want to keep them.

Last I read, the reported proposed buyout clause for Sahin's contract was 6m EURO. That's absolutely silly. Real has done some questionable business selling off talent for cheap, but... yeah not sure I have the breadth of vocabulary deep enough to explain how silly that money is.

He'll probably renew it eventually. Word is Mourinho wants to sign him for 2 years, which is the length of his remaining time at Real. Maybe Xabi wants a longer contract? Or maybe he wants to come home (need a mischievous giggle emoji)

PaulLFC

The Guardian put up an article saying it's because Real doesn't want to include a buyout clause in cause he hits exceptional form.
I'd thought that was their stance all along? The rumour was that's why we were in for him, because we didn't try to force the buyout clause whereas Arsenal did, but then somehow it ended up that he was definitely going to Arsenal anyway. Not sure what's happened up to now to be honest.

Wes

venison crêpe
Mirror says Villa are in for Martin Olsson of Blackburn who has handed in a transfer request. We're willing to offer £2.5m and Warnock so I think that brings the value of the deal around to £1m.

GorillaJu

Arsenal and Real Madrid at loggerheads over Nuri Sahin deal
• Arsenal want option of buying playmaker at end of season
• Alex Song joins Barcelona but leaves Arsenal under a cloud

Arsenal continued to negotiate with Real Madrid on Monday over the signing of Nuri Sahin, with the sticking point being what may happen to the midfielder at the end of his proposed season-long loan at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, wants the option to make the transfer permanent but Madrid are reluctant effectively to sign over his rights, in case Sahin were to find exceptional form.

The 23-year-old Turkey international left Borussia Dortmund for Feyenoord on a season-long loan in 2007-08 and the move ignited his career. Feyenoord had no option to buy.

There ya go. The first few paragraphs from the article.

It was reported that Sahin preferred Arsenal but would be okay with Liverpool. It's not outside the realm of possibility that we ring up Real again and get sloppy seconds.

Meier

Might explain his dreadful performance yesterday. That would be a big distraction undoubtedly.

If we turned down those monster bids from Madrid, we should be prepared to pay him and get it done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He'll probably renew it eventually. Word is Mourinho wants to sign him for 2 years, which is the length of his remaining time at Real. Maybe Xabi wants a longer contract? Or maybe he wants to come home (need a mischievous giggle emoji)

We turned down Xabi. True story.

The boy needs closure, he's still dreaming about Italy's half empty stadiums and potato fields.

Zabojnik

I like that he's supporting Conte in court but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD go buy us a striker first. Your job is to BUY not be a fucking cheerleader. (although I would like to see that since we lost our BetClic cheerleaders now)

Think Giulia Bongiorno can play up front?

Like with Marotta, I'd prefer if she'd just stick to what she's being paid for. :)

TEN. MORE. DAYS. OF. AGONY.

Btw, I'm really, really, REALLY glad we kept Matri. He may not be exactly the striker this teams needs or deserves, but he's just rock solid.

Jabo

A loan-to-buy is really bad business for the selling club, unless it's someone they absolutely want to get off the books, like we did with Aquilani and may do with Carroll. It puts the buying club at an advantage and they can surprise at the end by refusing to pay the agreed fee, or using loopholes to avoid activating the buy clause if it doesn't work out.

That's what we did to avoid buying Aquilani HAHAHAHAHAHAH he had 3 or 4 matches left before we stopped playing him last season if I remember right.

Wilbur

Banned
Mirror says Villa are in for Martin Olsson of Blackburn who has handed in a transfer request. We're willing to offer £2.5m and Warnock so I think that brings the value of the deal around to £1m.

That would be a very good buy I think

LTWheels

I know it's not going to happen, but that glimps of hope for a return always ends up breaking my heart.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
At least we genuinely wanted Aqua, but then Milan dumped Pirlo for free on our doorstep.

So TECHNICALLY, Milan screwed with Liverpool twice. Still bitter about 2005 eh?

Like with Marotta, I'd prefer if she'd just stick to what she's being paid for. :)

TEN. MORE. DAYS. OF. AGONY.

Btw, I'm really, really, REALLY glad we kept Matri. He may not be exactly the striker this teams needs or deserves, but he's just rock solid.

U8B7w.gif

<3

K1LLER7

Fergie on the game

"We played around him too much, we didn't show enough penetration," said Ferguson.

"With Robin in your team you know you want to use his ability against centre-backs in situations he is very good at - but we didn't use him enough."

Ferguson, who saw his side fail to win their opening fixture for the first time since 2008, admitted they failed to cope with Fellaini at the other end as the Evertonmidfielder dominated a patched-up defence.

Midfielder Michael Carrick pushed into service as an emergency centre-back because of injury to Rio Ferdinand and Antonio Valencia was deployed at right back.

"He (Fellaini) is a handful: he is a big, tall, gangly lad and they just lumped the ball forward to him, that's all they did," added Ferguson.

"They worked from that base all the time and they got a goal from him, so it's justified.

"Centre-back is a problem but we coped quite well, I don't think you can criticise their performance in that respect.

"It was just difficult to handle him when they were knocking these balls up to him.

"Michael did fine, good on the ball and applied himself well, they all applied themselves well."

Goalkeeper David de Gea was in excellent form in the first half and had it not been for him Everton could have been well ahead by the interval.

Better

"We were the better football team, they had eight shots on target and De Gea did very well for us in that way," he told MUTV.

"But we had the possession and made some great openings without actually finishing it.

"That was the only difference. These shots on targets the goalkeeper did really well.

"Other than that we played good football, good combination play, on another day we would have won the match."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom