• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how people know this but apparently Mancini has called De Rossi personally and said "do you want to end up like Totti?"

Roll on 2pm tomorrow. I'm feeling less confident about it now but it would be good to know either way.

If he turns us down in public it tops off a disastrous window so far.

Bring back Gary Cook. He got a lot of stick for some of his antics but he got stuff done.
Haha this is true. So far if you believe the reports City have missed out on Hazard, Martinez, RVP and now maybe De Rossi.

Which tbh I would have just never expected.

Wilbur

Banned
I prefer to think big...so I'll pass on that one.

UsiJl.gif

Kyoufu

Mumei, I guarantee you'll become a Newcastle fan if you watch the Newcastle vs Arsenal 4-4 game.

I'll bet my account on it.

K1LLER7

I enjoyed Liverpool in a sort of LOLERPOOL way. I was talking to Kab while I was watching that game, and I told him that at that moment when one player was set up perfectly to head the bell into the goal and he responded by heading it into the crowd instead of making the most of the opportunity, I started laughing and understood LOLERPOOL.

I'm not sure if I like them for the right reasons, but I like them.

I also loved the highlights of the Barcelona match. And I really enjoyed the Manchester City game, though it wasn't so close by the end.
:lol Suarez with the header, very LOLERPOOL-ish thing to do :)

Barca play great football and are great to watch at times. The match on Thursday between Madrid and Barca would be a good one to watch.

Edit: Support Man Utd, we've got Bebe.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Huddlestone is about to be loaned to Stoke apparently. Perhaps he can help them attempt more than 5 through balls this season.

Dawson on the transfer list as well. He isn't the most skilful player but he's a tough Yorkshire lad and I will be sad to see him go.

Danish people, tell me all you know about Lucas Andersen and Nicklas Helenius.

Lucas Andersen looks very damn promising each time I see him (great technique and ball skills) and is only 17, got Ajax potential for sure. Nicklas Helenius I am not so sure would be able to compete at Ajax, he has done pretty well in the Danish league but the press is overhyping him here imo and the only reason he is considered for the national team is that we really have no backup strikers for Bendtner.

Wessiej

Lucas Andersen looks very damn promising each time I see him (great technique and ball skills) and is only 17, got Ajax potential for sure. Nicklas Helenius I am not so sure would be able to compete at Ajax, he has done pretty well in the Danish league but the press is overhyping him here imo and the only reason he is considered for the national team is that we really have no backup strikers for Bendtner.

I want them both!

thallhailkinghomertu5.gif

Mumei

Ah, Suarez. I couldn't remember his name.

Mumei, I guarantee you'll become a Newcastle fan if you watch the Newcastle vs Arsenal 4-4 game.

I'll bet my account on it.

For many of these matches I think I am simply out of luck on for the time being in terms of actually watching them, unless that was one of the games on the DVDs you guys were listing earlier.

Ah, Suarez. I couldn't remember his name.

For many of these matches I think I am simply out of luck on for the time being in terms of actually watching them, unless that was one of the games on the DVDs you guys were listing earlier.

What about Youtube vids with the original commentary? That is one of the games on DVD btw.

elkayes

Fulham is great just for their logo. Basic decision is do you want to support on of the big 6 (United,City,Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs,Lollerpool) or not.

I chose Everton years ago when I had to pick a pl team too support, has been amazing. You get games like today, then agian they´re not owned by billionaires who jsut throw money at everything :D

choodi

Banned
One consideration when choosing a team to support is whether or not you like the team's kit.

You will want to buy the shirt eventually and show who you support and you don't want to feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Black and white stripes are a great look and go well with most things.

FootballFan

What games were played today in EPL?

Do those exist? I have looked and only found videos in the 30 second to 4 minute range.

Just Everton vs Manchester United.

Full games do exist on youtube, last seasons El Clasico(in the Spanish supercup), you can find pretty much all Clasicos on youtube. Can't seem to find any premier league games though..

Mumei

Found one, will look for more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1_0Vxjx4D0 Meh it´s a 0-0 but it has rooney for everton

Thanks.

I was looking specifically for that Arsenal / Newcastle game that was mentioned. I imagine they probably get pulled fairly regularly.

And thanks for the other games that have been posted.

Just United-Everton.

That's strange.

I don't have that recorded (and it was not even listed in the schedule of stuff airing); just Stoke City at Reading, which is just about as meandering and aimless as Chelsea at Wigan after the first seven minutes.

Bleh. I need to find out how much that premium channel upgrade is. They are probably hiding games there, the bastards.

One consideration when choosing a team to support is whether or not you like the team's kit.

You will want to buy the shirt eventually and show who you support and you don't want to feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Black and white stripes are a great look and go well with most things.

Oh, I've never bought sports paraphernalia and that isn't about to change.

elsk

Banned
Please don't watch Stoke City matches, you'll hate football thanks to them. Just wait for tomorrow, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom