• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Clubs I adore: Liverpool
Other clubs I follow: Hampton & Richmond FC
Clubs I am fond of, but do not consider myself a fan of: Swansea, Leeds United, QPR, Napoli, Fiorentina, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspurs
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Manchester City, Chelsea, Barcelona
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: N/A
Clubs I despise: Arsenal

Meier

I've got a few things from Triads now and I always go for the small. I'm just average build really, 12.5 stone roughly. If you like I can put one on and take a pic to give you a idea of the fit?

Sure, sounds good! I weigh around 165 personally (5'10") so we're probably a pretty similar build. Soccer Triads are not a bad deal but I have Amazon credit and could get 20% off the price of this if I order by tomorrow (actually it looks like that discount is only if it's sold/shipped by Amazon, doh). They don't have a Vinny shirt or I'd get that one. Love Yaya though and already have Kun's shirt from last year.

The only team I sort of support in addition to City is Porto since they are my FM team. I played as Zenit in FIFA 12.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Clubs I adore: Chelsea
Other clubs I follow: Cristiano Ronaldo
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: N/A
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: N/A
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: N/A
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Everybody else
Clubs I despise: Manchester United

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Have you not moved into the new training ground yet?

No, it was delayed until September because the rain a few weeks ago messed up the final bits of construction.

How much does Adebayor want per week?

And why can't you give him the middle finger and sign someone else?

He wants the something similar to his wage at City, which is why they are subsidising his wages as part of the deal. We can't give him the middle finger because for the price he is a must buy. 4th best stats in the league last season, he knows the team, he knows the league and he wants to come to Spurs. Players like Llorente and Damiao are much more difficult to get.

Facism

Gold Member
Good lineup for the fenerbahce match.

Shame there's no alex, but he's looked a little unfit these first few games.

faridmon

Sorry for the late reply, but Iid Mubarak lads. I am at Leicestershire at the moment (where I can not get any decent time on neogaf) but I am quite chuffed about last nights result.

any recommendation on any tourist attraction around the area? I am at Ashby-de-la-Zouch and the canal and the castle is quite a sight. I'll try head to Burrough Hill.

Ushojax

Spurs should have more options up front than Ade & Defoe tbh.

AVB is talking shit when he says we only need 3 including Harry Kane. We will buy another striker for sure, though he may not be at the level of Ade/Defoe. Apparently we are looking at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from St Etienne. We've got 4 competitions to play in this season and 2 senior striker is nowhere near enough.

Arnie

AVB is talking shit when he says we only need 3 including Harry Kane. We will buy another striker for sure, though he may not be at the level of Ade/Defoe. Apparently we are looking at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from St Etienne. We've got 4 competitions to play in this season and 2 senior striker is nowhere near enough.

You sure you don't want big Andy?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A01VXUYCIAEriBO.jpg

Salvadora

ShX9B.jpg

Meier

City's European/Third kit to be unveiled in 2 days. The initial rumors were that it would be inspired by the original St. Mark's design which is what lead to the black/white crest this season.

St_Marks_1884.jpg

Slizz

Sure, sounds good! I weigh around 165 personally (5'10") so we're probably a pretty similar build. Soccer Triads are not a bad deal but I have Amazon credit and could get 20% off the price of this if I order by tomorrow (actually it looks like that discount is only if it's sold/shipped by Amazon, doh). They don't have a Vinny shirt or I'd get that one. Love Yaya though and already have Kun's shirt from last year.

The only team I sort of support in addition to City is Porto since they are my FM team. I played as Zenit in FIFA 12.

You can get 15 or 20% off at ST by entering PRESEAS at checkout FWIW.

Arnie

I wouldn't mind buying a shirt from Soccer Triads, but I'm only 5"7, and whilst quite broad chested, the small size still sounds rather large, and I hate it when football shirt sleeves go down to the elbows. Can anyone with a small Triads shirt talk about the sizing?

Ushojax

That's already been confirmed as bollocks. Thank christ.

We do still have Giovani Dos Santos on the books, if he gets his head down and works hard he could be really useful. I expect him to be sold but you never know, he was fantastic at the Olympics.

I wouldn't mind buying a shirt from Soccer Triads, but I'm only 5"7, and whilst quite broad chested, the small size still sounds rather large, and I hate it when football shirt sleeves go down to the elbows. Can anyone with a small Triads shirt talk about the sizing?
I'm about 5"8/5"9. It's quite loose on me. I'm very slim though so maybe it would fit better if youre broad.

It'll probs be a little bit big at least. They're not too expensive so I guess you could try one and see how it is but yeah, it's certainly not gonna be a perfect fit.

Manager

At Roma, He already IS the most important player. Everything goes through him and Totti when he plays.

That was the whole point of our discussion. The difference would be that in City he would be able to have the chance of winning big titles.

Between De Rossi and Agger, this transfer window has been heart warming. Players not wanting to just sell out, take the cash, and sacrifice their club in the pursuit of silverware. It's also nice how both have rebuffed City in particular, proving once again that money can't buy you everything.

'Important' is completely subjective, though.

Why would he want to be one of many highly paid, glory hunting pros at Manchester City, when he could be a demi-god in his home city, Rome? As you've already pointed out, his wages aren't slight, so if you isolate wanting to win the Premier League (which it's become evident isn't the be all and end all for players), it makes no sense for him to throw it all away and move.

Re heart warming:
A reason for this might be more and more clubs getting higher income due to better TV rights deals, specially in PL. Fewer and fewer non-top-6 clubs feel they need to sell their players, and they're able to match offers. Look at what Southampton bought this summer (that including the potential Ramirez fee), I can't remember many other promoted clubs doing this.

De Rossi is staying, but let's not forget there were threats of him leaving before that great contract he signed.

Speaking of which, what's going on in Napoli now when they miss CL? Lavezzi left, what about the other guys? Hamsik etc? Not sure people will caugh up the money for Cavani...

Re Rossi:
Yes, there's "only" winning the PL, but obviously some players can grow tired of their own league, their own country and wanting to try something new. De Rossi (and many other italian players) doesn't seem to be like that though.

Arnie

I'm about 5"8/5"9. It's quite loose on me. I'm very slim though so maybe it would fit better if youre broad.

It'll probs be a little bit big at least. They're not too expensive so I guess you could try one and see how it is but yeah, it's certainly not gonna be a perfect fit.

Sounds about what I was expecting. Even though they're cheap, I don't really want to splurge £20 on a shirt that doesn't fit very well for a club that I'm not hugely interested in. If I could get a nice tight and naughty Juventus shirt for that price, I would, but not if it's going to dangle off my body.

Especially when the Liverpool home shirt this year is such a perfect fit.

Sounds about what I was expecting. Even though they're cheap, I don't really want to splurge £20 on a shirt that doesn't fit very well for a club that I'm not hugely interested in. If I could get a nice tight and naughty Juventus shirt for that price, I would, but not if it's going to dangle off my body.

Especially when the Liverpool home shirt this year is such a perfect fit.
Yeah I don't buy them off there for the same reason anymore. There was this other site I used which did do a proper small sizing but they've shut down now.

Last 2/3 shirts I bought have been from sports direct. Got a very nice Croatia shirt for £10. It's a children's XL. Fits me perfectly. I'll take it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lavezzi was always going to leave regardless of CL qualification, Naples was too much for him and his family. :p

-

" Carlos Arino Bajo is not Fernando Llorente's agent. He is to be disregarded.”

Are we back in?

WKTOT.gif

Arnie

Re heart warming:
A reason for this might be more and more clubs getting higher income due to better TV rights deals, specially in PL. Fewer and fewer non-top-6 clubs feel they need to sell their players, and they're able to match offers. Look at what Southampton bought this summer (that including the potential Ramirez fee), I can't remember many other promoted clubs doing this.

De Rossi is staying, but let's not forget there were threats of him leaving before that great contract he signed.
I don't understand what TV rights deals have to do with the likes of De Rossi and Agger showing loyalty in their clubs, and not jumping at the first chance to cash in and play for Manchester City.
Speaking of which, what's going on in Napoli now when they miss CL? Lavezzi left, what about the other guys? Hamsik etc? Not sure people will caugh up the money for Cavani...
Apparently De Laurentiis quoted a 50 million euro figure for Cavani this summer, which Chelsea aren't prepared to meet. Chelsea have said that if another party comes in for him, they'll pay it, but otherwise I think they're waiting until next summer when that price would come down a notch. They'll also know more about Torres by then, and if he does have a future as Chelsea's leading goal threat.

Re Rossi:
Yes, there's "only" winning the PL, but obviously some players can grow tired of their own league, their own country and wanting to try something new. De Rossi (and many other italian players) doesn't seem to be like that though.
If you look at how many British players want to go off and win, say, Serie A, you get your answer to that one. As I say, it's all subjective, and the Premier League isn't that huge a draw to many, if not most top Italian players.

3Sixty

When i was a kid (and still now tbh) all i wanted to do was play for Southampton, i used to dream of scoring in the F.A cup final, lifting the league trophy and scoring a hat trick against Portsmouth. Not playing for some plastic club in Manchester earning more money than i can ever spend.

I'm sure it was similar for De Rossi.

dc89

7qeV4.jpg

Kinda awkward taking that photo. Excuse the GF's clutter.

before you ask you all know who number 11 is for France

But I wear a 35 or 36R suit ._.

:O

Clubs I adore: Juventus.
Other clubs I follow: Reggina, EPL Team TBA
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Notts County, FC Nancy, PSG, Dortmund, Newcastle, QPR, Joe(y) Barton
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Manchester United, Liverpool
Clubs that I find boring: Chelsea
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Torino (why do they think we're rivals? lol)
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Napoli
Clubs I despise: Cagliari, Inter Milan, Genoa

Sources saying the promised Galliani strike is
Quagliarella

iknp6.gif

Qugliarella-Pazzini swap still alive!

AHHH MY EYES, MY EYESSSSSS

Are those his kids? There was that interview where he said Juve felt different, didn't he...

The Swedish polo looks a lot like the Nike Juve training polo. I'm just saying.

-

And yeah, we might be back in for Llorente given that the quote I gave wasn't even from his agent. No idea what the fuck muppetry is going on at Football-Italia but they've been awful this summer with transfer reports.

Ushojax

Emmanuel Adebayor ‏@Sheyiadebayor
I'm back!!!! Tottenham here I come!! I'm hungry for goals...Get ready.

AWWWWWWW YYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_m914kaF4TQ1qbkin0o1_400.gif

EgTk8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom