• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

"Thank you all for your concern. I'm better but still resting with an ice pack on the swollen area."

"And very eager to start recovery physio tomorrow! I'll keep you posted. All the best! "

Aguero on his injury.

Meier

7qeV4.jpg

Kinda awkward taking that photo. Excuse the GF's clutter.

before you ask you all know who number 11 is for France

Hot damn, that shirt is a beaut! Thanks dc -- Samir did you proud this Sunday. If I go with Triads, small it will be then.

I will have to give some thought to this other supplier.. I'd hate to get a shirt that was noticeably large on me but it's hard to keep a belly off the older I get so maybe I should, lol. I know when I was in Sports Direct and trying on shirts, the 42" was definitely quite large.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And yeah, we might be back in for Llorente given that the quote I gave wasn't even from his agent. No idea what the fuck muppetry is going on at Football-Italia but they've been awful this summer with transfer reports.

They quoted Lucio's fake twitter once.

Arnie

If any of you dislike Mark Lawrenson as much as I do, head over to The Anfield Wrap for 'Project Lawro'. This morning they emailed a bunch of writers and asked them for 500 words on Mark Lawrenson, and they're uploading them in batches of three, at intervals of 30 minutes. Fucking hilarious.

Now that I think about it, Spurs really have got an amazing deal for Adebayor haven't they.

They've paid like what, £5m? He's pretty much a 1 in 2 guy.

Salvadora

I genuinely don’t understand what purpose he serves on television. Traditionally, the commentator tells us what is happening and the pundit explains why it is happening. If the pundit is Lawrenson, however, both roles fall to the commentator. Lawro just sits quietly, occasionally moaning, occasionally asking questions you might expect from an eager nine year old at his first live game.
So fucking true.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marca reporting that Athletic have turned down a €20m bid from Juventus for Fernando Llorente.

Dzeko pls.

Adebayor signs for Tottenham.

Leave City as the only viable option for Llorente, in which case we'd probably end up with Dzeko.

I'm okay with this. JUST LETS GET THIS SHIT OVER WITH ALREADY.

-

As for Poli first refusal to Juve, that's fantastic. If he turns out amazing we'll snap him up.

Meier

How much are his wages though?

He was on £170k at City. I believe the rumor was his new deal would be £100k at Spurs and City would subsidize the remaining £70k for the next 2 years or something along those lines. Great piece of business for Spurs and he's mostly off the books for City now. Everyone is better off.

I know a rumor last week was City would let Roque Santa Cruz go on a free transfer to Real Betis (even though his contract isn't up) although I'm not sure what's happening with that. I don't believe any subsidized wages were mentioned in that deal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He was on £170k at City. I believe the rumor was his new deal would be £100k at Spurs and City would subsidize the remaining £70k for the next 2 years or something along those lines. Great piece of business for Spurs and he's mostly off the books for City now. Everyone is better off.

Honestly this transfer is taking the piss out of City. I suppose that's the price they pay for their wild spending under Hughes.

Damn, it feels good to have Ade back. He was so good for us last season.

Meier

Llorente going to Man City is just as pointless as Sinclair and Rodwell going there, if not more so.

I would love him if Dzeko left so we could still have that target man who can be so beneficial at times. Jojo is a fantastic prospect but I'm not sure if he's different enough from City's other strikers to stand out.

dc89

Santa Cruz to Real Betis could be done real soon too. Like I said last week, Santa Cruz is prepared to terminate his contract on mutual consent in order to get a move there.

Mumei

Haha.

I'm 5'7" and 125. I only just got a suit that fit properly, actually. When I was first getting a suit around 18-ish for some reason I was given a 38, which looked like I was wearing an older brother or bigger friend's ill-fitting suit.

But now my days of oversized suits are behind me, thank Christ.

If you get the time, watch the CL final between Man Utd and Chelsea. Brilliant match, one of the best finals to watch.

Will do.

I need to write down all these matches, though.

jtb

Banned
I would love him if Dzeko left so we could still have that target man who can be so beneficial at times. Jojo is a fantastic prospect but I'm not sure if he's different enough from City's other strikers to stand out.

Why couldn't Adebayor fill that role? He may have had a bust-up with Mancini, but so did Tevez... Adebayor's basically the perfect target man who can also play a bit of football.

Arnie

can you really blame him, though?

city are terribly at doing business, might as well take advantage of that.

Not really, it's ultimately City's fault, although I get the impression that Adebayour would happily not play football if that was the only way to maintain the salary he's currently on, rather than some players who'd take a cut just to play football.

But you're right, this is City's mess, not Adebayour's. And Spurs get a great deal for a top striker.

dc89

Hot damn, that shirt is a beaut! Thanks dc -- Samir did you proud this Sunday. If I go with Triads, small it will be then.

I will have to give some thought to this other supplier.. I'd hate to get a shirt that was noticeably large on me but it's hard to keep a belly off the older I get so maybe I should, lol. I know when I was in Sports Direct and trying on shirts, the 42" was definitely quite large.

Yup. My favourite international jersey by far.

7gZ6y.jpg

5x6zH.jpg

YZz7y.jpg

1V0eq.jpg

Looks a bit electric blue in there, just took them photos quick on my phone, it's much more of a royal blue.

Meier

Why couldn't Adebayor fill that role? He may have had a bust-up with Mancini, but so did Tevez... Adebayor's basically the perfect target man who can also play a bit of football.

I'm not sure we'll ever find out what happened that made the animosity so great that there was never an ability to patch things up. Adebayor's last game for City was in 2010 though to put it in perspective.

Uhh why are City paying a chunk of Adebayor's wages after he's sold?

What in the flying fuck?

He would be on the books past the start of FFP and City did not want that to happen. I don't know that there's any concrete confirmation that this will be taking place, but it was definitely the rumor. Adebayor supposedly wanted the entire transfer fee himself in addition to wanting City to subsidize his wages after moving.

Meier

Isn't City going to find this a huge problem with pretty much all of their players?

It was an issue with Tevez as well although in the end, Milan was willing to pay his wage but not a big enough transfer fee. Obviously that worked out well in City's favor since Tevez has been so good since coming back.

The guys on HUGE (200k-ish) deals are Toure, Tevez and Aguero. Kompany got a very nice deal but is a bit below them probably alongside Nasri (similar to what Adebayor was on). Silva and Dzeko are in the 130k range although Silva wants to move up towards the guys at the top. Much of the club is not on exorbitant wages although even Kolo who is on around 80k was not willing to take a paycut apparently to move to Turkey so it's a definite issue. Most of the Mark Hughes signings are gone or will be gone soon though.

Yup. My favourite international jersey by far.

http://i.imgur.com/7gZ6y.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5x6zH.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YZz7y.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1V0eq.jpg[IMG]

Looks a bit electric blue in there, just took them photos quick on my phone, it's much more of a royal blue.[/QUOTE]

Gorgeous. My favorite is still the Argentina away shirt.. just lovely.

Is Llorente really any better than Dzeko? I'm not sure. I think Dzeko is quite good although I think it's not his ability which is making City think about selling him, from what I hear.

Salvadora

It was an issue with Tevez as well although in the end, Milan was willing to pay his wage but not a big enough transfer fee. Obviously that worked out well in City's favor since Tevez has been so good since coming back.

The guys on HUGE (200k-ish) deals are Toure, Tevez and Aguero. Kompany got a very nice deal but is a bit below them probably alongside Nasri (similar to what Adebayor was on). Silva and Dzeko are in the 130k range although Silva wants to move up towards the guys at the top. Much of the club is not on exorbitant wages although even Kolo who is on around 80k was not willing to take a paycut apparently to move to Turkey so it's a definite issue. Most of the Mark Hughes signings are gone or will be gone soon though.

Honestly surprised Aguero is on so much.

The rumor come from GAF,so it's done.
Llorente to city not gonna happen.

Came from Spanish media.

Also, Yurt, do you have the Italian non-translated Conte interview?

Aaron Giambattista translates the bit Conte said about a striker as

Conte- "Dzeko or Llorente? A top player doesn't only need to be expensive. Someone will arrive."

But I'm sceptical about the "doesn't only need to be expensive" part. I don't recall him saying that at all.

Manager

I don't understand what TV rights deals have to do with the likes of De Rossi and Agger showing loyalty in their clubs, and not jumping at the first chance to cash in and play for Manchester City.

It's what I wrote... that thanks to tv rights they have higher revenues and can offer bigger contracts.

Adebayor tweeting to say he's back at Spurs. All done.

Thank god. Now there's just Santa Cruz of the leftovers left (plus loaned-out Bridge) and he's apparently close to going to La liga.

LTWheels

Isn't City going to find this a huge problem with pretty much all of their players?

This is what happens when you inject a ton of money recklessly into a club, to make that club compete at the highest level. City should have slowly used their money to raise the club through the table, so that when they are competing at the top, players want to join the club because they are competitive, not for wages.

dc89

Gorgeous. My favorite is still the Argentina away shirt.. just lovely.

Oh yeah! I forgot about Argentina away. I want a Aguero one but they are a bit too much money. GAH. It's lovely though.

elsk

Banned
Is Llorente really any better than Dzeko? I'm not sure. I think Dzeko is quite good although I think it's not his ability which is making City think about selling him, from what I hear.

Dzeko is much better than Llorente.
Llorente is an old-school #9.

Arnie

This Lawro thing is hilarious:

Adhering perfectly to his blag-Irish, Preston background his dress sense is criminal – God-awful stonewash jeans, tucked into lurid shirts that would be knocked back by semi-naked Somalian refugees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom