• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
lol

Bilbao deserves lots of respect. Just because Uli Hoeneß/City/whoever calls doesn't mean you have to do what he wants.

I'm not talking about that, I actually prefer not to sign Javi Martínez... I feel the squad is complete already. They asked for 40M, Bayern paying 40M... now they don't want to accept it and the player would've to pay 40M+taxes to the LFP to terminate his contract.

If they didn't want to sell him in the first place, why would they say "Pay 40M if you want him"?

WJD

irAoGkaC3YGl3.gif

Kagawaaaaaaaa

dc89

I don't like this seasons Champions League ball.

Last seasons was glorious. I bought 2 replica's, one to use at Power League and one to keep pristine.

I'm not talking about that, I actually prefer not to sign Javi Martínez... I feel the squad is complete already. They asked for 40M, Bayern paying 40M... now they don't want to accept it and the player would've to pay 40M+taxes to the LFP to terminate his contract.

If they didn't want to sell him in the first place, why would they say "Pay 40M if you want him"?

You know, I think that's Bayern's fault. All the the talk about Martinez paying 10m to go to Bayern, I don't think that's what they wanted to hear. Their club is all about local players that stay loyal to the club. One of their most talented players wanting to pay 10m to get away from the club and sign for a German club, can't see any fan not being offended by this.

I think the whole club is rather angry at him and this behaviour looks like kind of a "get fucked Martinez" behaviour to me. Bayern should just have kept quiet over this.

sneaky77

We never said we would negotiate.
Bayern showed up with the clause that doesn't mean we are negotiating. The clause is at the league and the player can buy out the contract following the steps for it. Our position has not changed from the beginning.

Alduin

I'm going to steal this template:

Clubs I adore: Manchester United
Other clubs I follow: Athletic Bilbao, Roma, Juventus, Sutton United, Newcastle
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Fulham, Everton, Real Madrid, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Southampton, Blackpool, Wigan, Swansea
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Arsenal, Bayern Munich
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: West Ham, Leeds, Inter Milan
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Barcelona
Clubs I despise: Liverpool, Man City

clubs I like: Sunderland
clubs i hate: the skunks
clubs i thoroughly dislike: leeds, millwall, coventry
annoying: west ham, boro, stoke

UsiJl.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Came from Spanish media.

Also, Yurt, do you have the Italian non-translated Conte interview?

Aaron Giambattista translates the bit Conte said about a striker as

Conte- "Dzeko or Llorente? A top player doesn't only need to be expensive. Someone will arrive."

But I'm sceptical about the "doesn't only need to be expensive" part. I don't recall him saying that at all.

I'm only relying on twitter to be honest, lol. Maybe you'll find it on TuttoJuve/Tuttosport or calciomercato?

FIGC (the Italian FA) just decided today to allow 12 players one the bench during every major italian football match (Serie A, Italian Cup and Supercup, under 21). Basically it'll be just like the WC and Euros.

Messi

It's stupidly hot here. Was fun getting to see Villa/Afellay/Pinto play with the B team yesterday. Even though it was really subdued.

Got t see dos santos and Afellay leaving in their cars but had t leave before anyone stopped. Was only like 15 people waiting so I am sure someone would have stopped to sign a jersey. All of the peeps had jerseys and sharpies.

2 days until I cross 'go see El Clasico' off my bucket list.

What was this place like when Everton scored and eventually won?

Arnie

It's stupidly hot here. Was fun getting to see Villa/Afellay/Pinto play with the B team yesterday. Even though it was really subdued.

Got t see dos santos and Afellay leaving in their cars but had t leave before anyone stopped. Was only like 15 people waiting so I am sure someone would have stopped to sign a jersey. All of the peeps had jerseys and sharpies.

2 days until I cross 'go see El Clasico' off my bucket list.

What was this place like when Everton scored and eventually won?

Trip sounds really good. I was contemplating just jetting off to Barcelona to watch a match before I go back to Uni, although it sounds like an idealistic plan, rather than a realistic one.

Was great in here, although the laughs really began post-match when Doicare reared his head and hypothesised that Everton just lumped the ball to Fellaini, meaning they didn't deserve to win the game. Genuinely was a hoot.

Messi

Trip sounds really good. I was contemplating just jetting off to Barcelona to watch a match before I go back to Uni, although it sounds like an idealistic plan, rather than a realistic one.

Was great in here, although the laughs really began post-match when Doicare reared his head and hypothesised that Everton just lumped the ball to Fellaini, meaning they didn't deserve to win the game. Genuinely was a hoot.

tumblr_m4g16ntGu91qbuypqo4_250.gif

Wait, are you trying to tell me doicare would not rationally accept defeat? How shocking and completely out of character for him.

Messi

Bleurgh, even more pissed off I can't make our game tonight. Our lad from Barca is starting.

Wait, who?

Edit: Good thing about seeing B and C team players yesterday? Got to see Jean Marie Dongou in action live for the first time. Graham Hunter and a few other folks seem to think he is got to be great. Videos I've seen of him on YouTube are great.

elsk

Banned
Celtic v Helsingborg: Forster - Matthews, Rogne, Mulgrew, Izaguirre - Commons, Kayal, Brown, Ledley - Hooper, Samaras

Emilio Izaguirre :D

Bryan Oviedo starting as a winger and Nicolai Jørgensen starting as a 10'er. Our defense and defensive midfield is still a joke though. :(

Leverkusen's Jørgensen?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte "I expect to be back on the bench again against Parma [this Sunday]."

I doubt that but I like his confidence
z80IB.gif

FIGC (the Italian FA) just decided today to allow 12 players one the bench during every major italian football match (Serie A, Italian Cup and Supercup, under 21). Basically it'll be just like the WC and Euros.

More options available on the bench! Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom