• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am late but damn this thread moves fast!

Clubs I adore: Chelsea, Farnborough
Other clubs I follow: Fulham
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Newcastle, Dortmund, Swansea, Juventus
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Arsenal
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Barcelona
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike:
Clubs I despise: Woking, QPR, Woking, Stoke and Woking!

Bumhead

Banned
Wait, who?

_62401030_rhodri-owlssigning5.jpg

Rodri.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19317276

Starting upfront tonight. I assumed he'd come on later in the game but good to see Jones thinks he's ready to start.

K1LLER7

Really hope our players and Ferg realise how vital Kagawa can become to our play

Its like they didn't want to pass him the ball in the oppositions half yesterday, he had to keep coming deep to get it.

Hopefully they start to use him a lot more against Fulham and RVP starts as our striker. Rooney should shift himself to the left and Valencia should play on the right wing. Nani was terrible yesterday.

Oviedo and the other tico are playing today, or just Oviedo?

Bolanos starting too. Christian Gamboa is not even on the bench, seems that one of our own youth players is preferred as a back up on the right back after a few really bad Gamboa matches last season.

Edit : Dat Bolanos assist from a week ago

i7p0EK4bA4TFL.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Ooo there's a game going around?

Clubs I adore: Sheffield Wednesday
Other clubs I follow: None
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Dortmund, Wycombe Wanderers
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Arsenal
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Charlton Athletic
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: None right now
Clubs I despise: Sheffield United, Leeds, Derby County, MK Dons

K1LLER7

Manchester United is looking to add Pachuca midfielder Hector Herrera by the end of the current transfer season, the Mexican team announced.

"There is an official interest," Fassi told ESPN. According to the Pachuca sporting director, the Manchester side sent over official documents with an offer for the player. "We have the document, but there's nothing else to add at this time," he continued.

Previously, Herrera had been sounded out by Liverpool, who had also made an offer for the player as early as this January. The 22-year-old is yet to make his Liga MX season debut due to an injury he picked up in London.

"We want him to continue in Pachuca," said Fassi. "We know he's going to emigrate to England, though. Manchester United and Liverpool have talked to us."

"At whatever moment he wants, he can leave Pachuca and the club will give him the opportunity to do so," Fassi finished.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Great signing if true,any news on defenders? I remember it being reported that we were looking.

I think Wenger said the other day that they want one midfielder (Sahin) and one defender (?). Personally I think they will be totally lacking bite in midfield with their current midfield but as always Wenger probably thinks Coquelin, Diaby and Frimpong are enough. Which they aren't.

ATF487

:(

No, I just remember you from TC.

Oh! Sorry I'm usually drunk when I'm in there I have a poor memory

May as well do this

Clubs I adore: Liverpool
Other clubs I follow: Celtic, New England Revolution, Blackpool, Roma, Marseille
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Lille, Dortmund, Real Madrid, Newcastle
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Everton.
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Not sure
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Barcelona and their fans
Clubs I despise: Manchester United, Millwall

Clubs that are great trolls: Stoke City

Clegg

Really hope our players and Ferg realise how vital Kagawa can become to our play

I think everyone at United knows how good Kagawa is.

Sky were saying that the United coaches were raving about his preseason performances and how well he trained.

FIGC (the Italian FA) just decided today to allow 12 players one the bench during every major italian football match (Serie A, Italian Cup and Supercup, under 21). Basically it'll be just like the WC and Euros.
This is good news for reserve and youth players.

Well, maybe not youth players. This is Italy after all.

Messi

I know I am late but damn this thread moves fast!

Clubs I adore: Chelsea, Farnborough
Other clubs I follow: Fulham
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Newcastle, Dortmund, Swansea, Juventus
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Barcelona
Clubs I despise: Woking, QPR, Woking, Stoke and Woking!

Clubs I adore: FC Barcelona
Other clubs I follow: None
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Newcastle, Juventus, Arsenal, Bilbao, Villareal, Betis
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: I Respect Real, they play very good football and El Clasico has had some amazing moments for both clubs. Begrudgingly respect them, sans Pepe. Fuck that guy.
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Stoke City irritate me.
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: None really, Chelsea maybe. But maybe that's because I loved drogba and he made Chelsea a team I wanted to watch. Now I am not so sure. Also Anelka, loved that guy.
Clubs I despise: Stoke City

_62401030_rhodri-owlssigning5.jpg

Rodri.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19317276

Starting upfront tonight. I assumed he'd come on later in the game but good to see Jones thinks he's ready to start.

Oh Rodri is a good lad. Will put in a good shift for you guys.

LegoArmo

Clubs I adore: Celtic, Manchester United
Other clubs I follow: Greenock Morton
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Real Madrid, Athletic Bilbao
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Arsenal until I realised how much they hate United.
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Stoke City
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers, West Ham United
Clubs I despise: Rangers, Liverpool, Manchester City

Singing You'll Never Walk Alone is a problem...

Arnie

Looking forward to Mönchengladbach versus Kiev, want them to do well if just for Favre, really underrated manager.

Also, the new Ladbrokes advert with Kammy in the changing rooms is utterly hilarious.

Clubs I adore: Celtic, Manchester United
Other clubs I follow: Greenock Morton
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Real Madrid, Athletic Bilbao
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Arsenal until I realised how much they hate United.
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Stoke City
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers, West Ham United
Clubs I despise: Rangers, Liverpool, Manchester City

Singing You'll Never Walk Alone is a problem...

You support two clubs, so your opinion is diluted as a result.

http://i.imgur.com/FlVZe.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6y0UF.jpg[IMG]

Beautiful :')

If I was a millionaire I'd have bought them :P[/QUOTE]

My brother has the 2010-11 one. It's a bit of a mess now and the star panels have started to come off because we've used it so much. £80 seems bit dear, so should be able to get them for around £50. But you can't put a price on a good football in my opinion. I think we're all going to chip in for a new one. I've been trying to find one of the old Mitre balls though. Perfect weight and none of that random floaty movement. They just go exactly where you expect them to.

will be supporting all the unseeded teams except for gladbach. Go Dinamo! Actually wait, Copenhagen was seeded? WoodenLung's negativity must have made me forget. I guess I'll support them too.

LegoArmo

You support two clubs, so your opinion is diluted as a result.

A lot of people in Scotland will have an English team they follow, since the league is forced down our throats on TV and the SPL barely gets any coverage. Picking my team, as a kid, in the early 90s, it was always going to be United.

When they play Celtic though, I'm hoping they get beat.

Mumei

There really aren't enough hours in the day for me to watch all these games. I am looking forward to finishing Barcelona / Madrid and watching at least one of the Champion's League games, though.

sneaky77

There really aren't enough hours in the day for me to watch all these games. I am looking forward to finishing Barcelona / Madrid and watching at least one of the Champion's League games, though.
Yea you got to pick and choose your battles. Always easy to catch the goals later too

Messi

A lot of people in Scotland will have an English team they follow, since the league is forced down our throats on TV and the SPL barely gets any coverage. Picking my team, as a kid, in the early 90s, it was always going to be United.

When they play Celtic though, I'm hoping they get beat.

As a child I was lead into following man united thankfully when I got a bit older I seen the light

Bumhead

Banned
I usually enjoy listening to games on 5 Live as I'm nearly always a neutral when I do, but fuck me, Craig Burley is getting right on my tits.

lol Thomas Kristensen with a good shot, don't even remember him scoring against anyone but Cliftonville despite him having played her for 5 years now.

Kalou also close a moment ago but luckily his weeks in Lille has not suddenly made him a good finisher.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Are they planning to play Sahin, Arteta, and Cazorla together as a midfield trio?

That would be insane, the back 4 would haze zero protection. I think Wenger wants Diaby and Arteta with one of Cazorla or Sahin in front of them, as the normal set up.

Good deal for Arsenal.... Wenger has been after Nuri since he was like 16? Hope he can regain his form like he did at Feyenoord...Always have a soft spot for him even though he ditched us =(((( F**king real, bought all the talents out there and then let them rot on bench....I hope they relegate someday

ShogunX

Clubs I adore: Liverpool
Other clubs I follow: Wrexham (I look out for their results as my friend is a season ticket holder)
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan:
Valencia - Followed them since I was a kid and used to regularly buy their home kits and even watched them play at the Mestalla.
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: Maybe Arsenal.
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible:
Napoli - Used to like Napoli until I witnessed their fans first hand.
Barcelona - Great team, great club but I'm a little tired of them.
PSG - Spend spend spend and more spend.
Chelsea - Mainly because they have John Terry, Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard.
Spurs - Act as though they are the new hot club in town because they had a single good run in the Champions League, Now the Europa League is beneath them and who wouldn't want to sign for Spurs?
Man City - Because their fans have the shortest memories in existence and all of a sudden people have been following them ''SINCE I WAS A BOY''.
Clubs I despise: Everton - Local rivals and Man Utd - Far too many ''fans''.

The above answers are not reflective of the people on this board...... :)

deroli

I don't know which team I should support in the Gladbach - Kiev match. It would be nice to see 4 bundesliga clubs in the CL (although 3 of them won't survive the group stage lol). But the less Borussias are playing in the CL, the more money the real Borussia will get. The difference would be a few million IIRC.

Nice goal btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom